Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>**Quick! Term Letter Good? Giving Notice In One Hour
MG&Lsmom 10:40 AM 04-11-2011
Yeah, I'm done. Should have listened to you all a month ago. I could not make it work. This is what I'm giving them in an hour. Good? yes/no?

I regret to inform you that I must terminate our Child Care arrangement. K continues to have trouble adjusting to being in daycare. I believe that it would be in the best interests of everyone that you find a situation that will work better for K.
Per our contract, I am giving you two weeks notice effective today. The last day of care will be Tuesday, April 19, 2011.
Regards,
jojosmommy 10:45 AM 04-11-2011
I would not give a reason. I would just give her this.

Termination Notice
This note is to let you know that beginning on _____________ I will not continue to offer child care services to __________I will continue to provide child care services until that date.
Please sign below to acknowledge that you have received this notice.

Parent/guardian signature Date of signature

Provider signature Date of signature

I got this from the Red Leaf Press CD for daycare professionals. Well worth the money! It comes with headings, all professionally typed and formatted.
boysx5 10:48 AM 04-11-2011
yes I agree they don't need a reason good luck I know its hard to do
daycare 10:49 AM 04-11-2011
I don't know if I would state a reason. the parent will for sure bark back at you because no parent want to know taht their child has issues.. in a parents eye thier child is perfect.

I would really like to thank all of you for joining us here at***X DC. I know that we were all hoping for a good positive experience for ***, and I feel bad that things did not work out as expected.

I regret to inform you that I will no longer be able to meet the needs of your child here at daycare.

***X is such a sweet, intelligent little man with a fantastic personality. I really think that with more consistency and time at any school, ***Xwill eventually become acclimated with the environment and become a very successful student and friend.

I also have a form as well that i gave the parent...the form stated how much they still owe, last day of care, and that they must follow all rules during last two weeks or immediate term without refund....

let me know if i can help with something else
daycare 10:51 AM 04-11-2011
sorry this was one of my letters that I cut some things out of, but i think what i was trying to say is to open with something nice to say at the start, in the middle your actions you will take, end it with something positive to say and give details of important information like, $, end date and etc.
MG&Lsmom 10:52 AM 04-11-2011
This should not be a surprise, but it will be cuz they don't have it all together. I gave them a warning almost 2 weeks ago that if her behaviors did not improve I was terminating care. That's why I gave the reason. So they couldn't say it was something else. They were warned. They have been getting daily reports of aggressive behavior, disrespect and safety issues.
MG&Lsmom 10:56 AM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I don't know if I would state a reason. the parent will for sure bark back at you because no parent want to know taht their child has issues.. in a parents eye thier child is perfect.

I would really like to thank all of you for joining us here at***X DC. I know that we were all hoping for a good positive experience for ***, and I feel bad that things did not work out as expected.

I regret to inform you that I will no longer be able to meet the needs of your child here at daycare.

***X is such a sweet, intelligent little man with a fantastic personality. I really think that with more consistency and time at any school, ***Xwill eventually become acclimated with the environment and become a very successful student and friend.

I also have a form as well that i gave the parent...the form stated how much they still owe, last day of care, and that they must follow all rules during last two weeks or immediate term without refund....

let me know if i can help with something else
I really like this. It's more my style but everything I found when I googled was very to the point, no fluff. We've actually already verbally discussed everything you mentioned in your letter.
PitterPatter 10:59 AM 04-11-2011
For those of u who don't give a reason for terminating. What do u say when the parent asks? Surely they will want to know why. I haven't termed many at all but the couple times i have the parent asks why before even reading the letter anyway. When I term a state client I am required to give a reason as well as 30 days notice.
daycare 11:09 AM 04-11-2011
in my only two cases they were agreed by both parties from the start. All though, I still would not give a reason if I was not required to. I would just say I am sorry it is just not working out and I feel that your child would be better of else where. Leave it at that. If they keep prying, just keep repeating what you are telling them but in different ways. I have never had a parent keep asking when I respond like this.
marniewon 11:40 AM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by Tygerluv:
For those of u who don't give a reason for terminating. What do u say when the parent asks? Surely they will want to know why. I haven't termed many at all but the couple times i have the parent asks why before even reading the letter anyway. When I term a state client I am required to give a reason as well as 30 days notice.
"I am no longer able to meet the needs of your child"

As far as not giving a reason, personally, I think the most important part of not giving a reason is to not put the reason in writing, so they can't come back with some kind of loophole as to why they should be allowed to stay (or get deposit back, or whatever). I (again, personally) think it's fine to TELL them verbally what the problem is. Especially in a case like this where they were warned about dck's behavior.

As a parent, I really would want to know. And it may (or may not) help the next provider. Maybe dcp didn't think it was that serious, but if you term over it, tell them that's why, then maybe they will work harder with the child the next time. Not sure if that's how it would work, but they certainly couldn't work on anything if they weren't even told why they were termed. KWIM?
Michael 11:46 AM 04-11-2011
There are a lot to chose from here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ination+letter
MG&Lsmom 12:55 PM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
There are a lot to chose from here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ination+letter
Thanks Michael. I did a search before I posted and did not get the same list as you.

So DCM was 30 mins late to pick up. Called at normal pick up time to say she would be here in 5 mins. She seemed perturbed but we are in complete agreement that this girl needs a center with 3-4 adults and lots of kids to model good behavior from. And she needs more consistency. She just can't get how to behave when she's only here for 2 days and some weeks it's 6 days between care. I gave her until Thursday to let me know if the kids are attending during the 2 week period. We'll see. Thanks everyone!
Abigail 09:03 PM 04-11-2011
This was earlier already done I know, but if you wanted to make sure you are paid for the next two weeks while you try to fill the spot I would have added at the end of the term "You are still required to pay for my services until this date whether your child attends or not."
E Daycare 09:12 AM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by Tygerluv:
I just termed a client and I added two instances that voided our contract. They had two big problems happen within two days of each other and where I have a whole notebook full of issues I used the two most recent as my reasons to terminate. Dcm did try and ask if we could talk about things but I told her no, that they were aware of issues and their end date was in two weeks (which will be this Thursday).

In my case it really wasnt the child with whom I had issues with and felt the parent needed to see that their actions were the reason why someone like me would would want to cut business ties.
MG&Lsmom 09:19 AM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
This was earlier already done I know, but if you wanted to make sure you are paid for the next two weeks while you try to fill the spot I would have added at the end of the term "You are still required to pay for my services until this date whether your child attends or not."
I did add a line in about this. Since they are only 2 days a week I gave them until Thursday to decide if they would attend during the 2 week period and if not then I would release them from paying and return the funds already paid for this Friday. Next week is vacation week and to be honest, I do not want to deal with this girl or her siblings. I'm only contracted for before&after with the SA sibs, but I have a feeling they were going to send them anyway.
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up