Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If You Hire Assistants...
Sereetta 06:56 PM 07-18-2013
Do you provide vacation time during the first year? If yes how much time do they accumulate during a full year. Also how much sick time do you offer? I'm just wondering if my numbers are too big or small.

My assistant accumulates 2 vacation days after 6 months and 3 sick days per year.
daycare 07:02 PM 07-18-2013
All of my employees are PT so I don't offer any benefits.
Sprouts 08:07 PM 07-18-2013
Are these paid vacation and sick days?

What I find that works best so everyone doesnt get burnt out is to have 2 assistants. One for the morning shift and one for the afternoon shift. Unless they really need to work 40+ hours a week, most people don't mind working part time.
daycare 08:16 PM 07-18-2013
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
Are these paid vacation and sick days?

What I find that works best so everyone doesnt get burnt out is to have 2 assistants. One for the morning shift and one for the afternoon shift. Unless they really need to work 40+ hours a week, most people don't mind working part time.
This is exactly what I do. My husband squeezes in between both of them. If they need time off I just require I get a two week notice.

I also wanted to add that this way if one calls in sick I have the other and my husband to help back up
CrackerJacks 08:37 PM 07-18-2013
Back when I ran at Large Capacity I used to have 1 morning asst and 1 afternoon asst. If either needed time off for whatever reason (vacation/sick/appt etc) it was non paid, as I still had to pay the other asst to cover. When I was closed due to Holidays or my vacation (both of which are paid for me) i would still pay each employee their full pay. Just think it is the right thing to do, since I was still being paid as well.
Sereetta 04:58 PM 07-19-2013
Great advice ladies! Thank you so much! I will be implementing two assistants (part time) seems easier. And of course when I have a paid holiday they have a paid holiday!
Tags:assistant, polocies
Reply Up