Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Two Bite Club from MyPyramid.gov
Abigail 10:50 PM 01-30-2011
I just sat down to read the book I got FREE from www.MyPyramid.gov for child care. It's called the Two Bite Club and it is very easy to understand for preschoolers. (39 pages with activities at the end of the book and "Two Bite Club Member Certificate...but it is literally on the last page of the reading so I would photocopy it instead of tearing it out!) Most pages have about 3-5 sentences so it's not too short, but only takes a few minutes to read it too.

It goes through all the food groups. It's a family of cats and the little girl says she will not like any new foods and ends up liking all of them. This will definitely be a great book to read for nutrition week and for all those picky eaters like me! You can order up to 6 copies from the website and they deliver for free. I'm tempted to order 6, since I only ordered 1 to see what it was like, and keep them for when I have a nutrition week and send them home as "gifts" to the families I have at the time. Do you think it might make a good Christmas gift or should I do it for nutrition week as a nice gesture?

1. Click on Link.
2. Click on "Online Ordering" tab along top center of page.
3. Click on "Child Care" and scroll down to type in quantity for the Two Bite Club.
Danielle 03:11 AM 01-31-2011
That sounds neat! I'd do it for nutrition week.

Bummer, looks like I can't get it.
Originally Posted by :
Team Nutrition print materials are available only to schools and child care facilities that participate in the Federal Child Nutrition Programs.

Luna 03:12 AM 01-31-2011
I'm in Canada so I can't get it either, but I did download the pdf. Then I can read it to the kids and print off the certificates.
daysofelijah 04:03 AM 01-31-2011
Thanks, I ordered a bunch of things. Hopefully they will come in the mail! My preschoolers would definitely benefit from some nutrition guidance.
GretasLittleFriends 07:56 AM 01-31-2011
I ordered a bunch of things too. This will be perfect for spring break if the stuff gets here in time, otherwise we will have things to keep us busy this summer.
MarinaVanessa 09:17 AM 01-31-2011
Originally Posted by Danielle:
That sounds neat! I'd do it for nutrition week.

Bummer, looks like I can't get it.
That's odd, I'm not on the food program and I can get it. I ordered extras so that I give a copy to the kids so I'll mail you one when I get it. Just remind me.
KEG123 09:39 AM 01-31-2011
Very cool! Thanks for posting! I got a bunch of stuff! Can't wait to get it!!!
Danielle 10:19 AM 01-31-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
That's odd, I'm not on the food program and I can get it. I ordered extras so that I give a copy to the kids so I'll mail you one when I get it. Just remind me.
Thanks for the offer. I tried ignoring that about the food program and ordered some. They didn't ask for anything verifying I was or wasn't on the food program and the order went through.
WImom 10:24 AM 01-31-2011
Thanks for the info. I ordered it and I'm not on the food program. I guess I'll see if I actually get it or not.
Little People 10:25 AM 01-31-2011
I ordered it too, and I am not on the food program.
SunflowerMama 11:30 AM 01-31-2011
I just ordered quite a few things!! Thanks for the link!!
Little People 01:29 PM 02-04-2011
I am so excited!! I got all my stuff today!! There is so much great stuff here!! My DCK's will be learning alot and alot of things for them to do!!
littlemonkeys 01:33 PM 02-04-2011
I ordered mine the other day too! I'm so excited to get it... hope it comes soon!!

Thanks for the link!
misol 06:56 PM 02-04-2011
Thanks Abigail. I can't wait fo my shipment to arrive.
LindaMJ 09:45 PM 02-05-2011
Thanks, Abigail, I just ordered 6 for my child care, everything went thru fine.
Abigail 10:47 AM 02-06-2011
I hope everyone enjoys it. I wish I had a food pyramid poster that wasn't folded. I got one of those also from the site, but I'm too OCD so I think I will go to our local home-schooling store and buy a nice flat one. ha ha.
Tags:book, eating, food pyramid, free, healthy, meals, preschool, reading
Reply Up