Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anybody Else Not Looking Forward To This Week?
BumbleBee 06:24 PM 12-30-2012
My "entitled" dck comes back this week after being off for 2 weeks. I'm reaaaally not looking forward to the button pushing that's going to happen.

Almost 1 yr old dck & new dck (also almost 1) was a stinker last time they were here together. New dck is happy but a bit timid & other same age dck is happy but a bit stubborn. The mix is interesting to say the least.

Admittedly I've been in a funk since Christmas Eve. Some off handed comments, that weren't meant to be hurtful, rubbed me the wrong way & I've been thinking about my son quite a bit lately. Granted, I think about him every day but this is different. Usually the happy moments pop into my head and make me smile. Lately it's been the sad/scary moments & I just can't shake em. A family here has a child with terminal brain cancer & as I follow their story it's bringing up a lot of feelings & emotions that I haven't worked through. Crazy that 5 years on I'm just now REALLY grieving the loss.

In any case, how are ya'll feeling about the upcoming week?
SilverSabre25 06:33 PM 12-30-2012
Well, my dcbaby had trouble adjusting back to me thurs and fri after 5 days off. He get me tomorrow, then off Tuesday, then has me for three more days... *sigh* it's going to be rough. I love him, and I'm willing to work with the challenges he brings to the table, but it is exhausting!
hgonzalez 06:33 PM 12-30-2012
I am not looking forward to it either. My kids have all been out since 12/21; nice break for me but I know I will pay for it. I also have a family that is leaving me that will be here for their last three days. So awkward.

I don't know what your grief is about as I am a newbie on this forum. Did you lose your son? I cannot even imagine that kind of pain. Just remember you are not alone in this world.

My kids have both been home during the break, and they will be leaving. Then back to my chaotic life with daycare. I love the kiddos, but it is a workout!
rbmom 06:47 PM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
My "entitled" dck comes back this week after being off for 2 weeks. I'm reaaaally not looking forward to the button pushing that's going to happen.

Almost 1 yr old dck & new dck (also almost 1) was a stinker last time they were here together. New dck is happy but a bit timid & other same age dck is happy but a bit stubborn. The mix is interesting to say the least.

Admittedly I've been in a funk since Christmas Eve. Some off handed comments, that weren't meant to be hurtful, rubbed me the wrong way & I've been thinking about my son quite a bit lately. Granted, I think about him every day but this is different. Usually the happy moments pop into my head and make me smile. Lately it's been the sad/scary moments & I just can't shake em. A family here has a child with terminal brain cancer & as I follow their story it's bringing up a lot of feelings & emotions that I haven't worked through. Crazy that 5 years on I'm just now REALLY grieving the loss.

In any case, how are ya'll feeling about the upcoming week?
I am sorry you are having a rough time!
I will still have some kiddos out this week so I'm hoping this week won't be to bad. Now next week will be my hard week back!
allieannarbor 12:06 PM 12-31-2012
Yes! Our last day before break was Dec 14th, so a long time since everyone have been here. I am expecting challenging drop offs, lots of regression and tears come Wednesday! Glad to have at least a shorter week as well all get back into the swing of things
MamaG 12:15 PM 12-31-2012
I think we need some changes around here. The days are boring with no outside play. I used to take the kids even if for just a walk around the block but DCG never has hats and gloves. I'm thinking of just buying her some! They are like a dollar for two pairs of stretchy gloves, she won't be able to make snow balls but that's ok. I think my dd has like 4 hats so I'll just let her use one.

I'm going to get on Pinterest and find some craft ideas. If we do one a day at least that'll take up lots of time. How do y'all keep from going stir crazy in the cold winters?
mema 12:17 PM 12-31-2012
Me! Me! I had one come back with a huge attitude, altho, I guess I can't say come back, because the only day she wasn't here was Christmas day, so, ya. I also have one who is only here a few days a year-this will be the last time EVER that I do this again. She has a sib here, but no way, no how, EVER again. Did I mention EVER. I have 2 here that have horrible colds. Coughing, runny nose, not sleeping well, and mom and dad are off shopping-again-poor kiddos. Looking forward to tomorrow off! Think I will stay up really late tonight and get up really early tomorrow, just to enjoy some of the quiet
littlemissmuffet 01:10 PM 12-31-2012
I'm actually looking forward to having the kiddos back and easing us all back into a routine. I think all my kiddos are going to be so excited to see eachother, myself and hubs!
It might be a little chaotic the first day, but the break was worth it
daycarediva 02:11 PM 12-31-2012
Today was not fun for me, for sure. Everyone was WAY out of routine. I had two get dropped off late and not nap (slept in) and then the one non napping woke up the other 2 in desperate need of naps. It was chaos. I am looking forward to next week and getting everyone back on track!
Blackcat31 02:12 PM 12-31-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I'm actually looking forward to having the kiddos back and easing us all back into a routine. I think all my kiddos are going to be so excited to see eachother, myself and hubs!
It might be a little chaotic the first day, but the break was worth it
Whew! I am not the only one!!

I am actually looking forward to getting back into routine as well. Sitting on the sofa, being lazy and pretty much losing track of what day it is does get old after awhile.

I am back to work on Wednesday and honestly looking forward to it.
CozyHome 03:26 PM 12-31-2012
Tomorrow is my last day off and it's been a wonderful week and a half without changing diapers or listening to their little voices I must admit. Aw well, back to reality on Wednesday with all of them coming back, hopefully healthy and without colds.
williams2008 08:31 AM 01-02-2013
Today is my first day back. So far so good, I have 3 that will not be here today! Most of the dcks that are here are very well behaved with the exception of one who is being real defiant... I had one dck come in with a Christmas gift for me, so that made my day!!!
My3cents 11:56 AM 01-02-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Whew! I am not the only one!!

I am actually looking forward to getting back into routine as well. Sitting on the sofa, being lazy and pretty much losing track of what day it is does get old after awhile.

I am back to work on Wednesday and honestly looking forward to it.
same same..... I was just thinking to myself it does feel nice to have purpose and stuff you have to do, routine, and back into the swing of things. It is also nice easing into the week with just three days and kids with floppy schedules, next week will be killer but it is all good- The time off was nice too- only having to think of myself and my family. The other depressing part is days off are far away now- its all good

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Reply Up