Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Advise-I Feel Like Such A Nerd! :)
Former Teacher 05:52 PM 06-07-2011
As you know I am a full time nanny. On the weekends, I babysit for various families. I bought an accordion file folder case and some manila folders. I have a file for all the families. It contains:

1. A fact sheet- name, address, phone number, age of child(ren), blah blah

2. A payment chart- states what date I worked, how much they paid etc

3. A map quest to their home for me until I am use to the directions.

4. Copies of checks (if they paid by check)

Etc...

I even have a folder labeled Possible Clients for the families that I interview with but haven't worked for yet. When I work for a family, I then take their folder and that way DH or someone has a way of knowing where I am at.

I asked DH and he said that I am very organized. I just feel like a moron

What are your thoughts?
Ariana 05:55 PM 06-07-2011
I think it sounds great! I have some of those things too
Abigail 06:01 PM 06-07-2011
When I started babysitting in my current city, I would always write on an index card the name and address of the location I was going to be and the times expected for me to be gone. I left this on the counter for my husband to know where I was. I think it's a good idea. I didn't print a mapquest, but I do write down directions from my home to theirs.
Former Teacher 06:23 PM 06-07-2011
Ok thank you ladies! I feel SO much better!
Sprouts 08:51 PM 06-07-2011
I think thats awesome! I have my accordian file too, color coded folders and so on LOL!!

Better to be organized then a mess!
kidkair 05:30 AM 06-08-2011
That's awesome! Sounds like something I would do but I only ever had 2 clients at a time and lived alone back then too so I wasn't that organized or conscientious of letting someone else know where I was at all times.
grandmom 02:48 PM 06-08-2011
I love the idea!

Besides daycare, I also provide weekend services. There's one family, I have a hard time with the girl's name. I'm going to make a file this week so that I can have this stuff organized. Thanks again.
Former Teacher 02:37 PM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by grandmom:
I love the idea!

Besides daycare, I also provide weekend services. There's one family, I have a hard time with the girl's name. I'm going to make a file this week so that I can have this stuff organized. Thanks again.
Oh I am SO glad that I can help someone! Everytime I look at the file case I do feel like a nerd for being over organized. Yet on the flip side, I want to remember when someone pays me and all their information. As for all the information, I feel like a stalker. Yet on the other hand, I feel better knowing that when I leave a file out, someone knows exactly where I am going to be at.

Thank you to everyone for making me feel SO much better!
Tags:folders, nanny, organizing
Reply Up