Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Only open 2 months in 2013, how do I file taxes?
tamarab71 07:00 AM 01-29-2014
I opened my daycare business in May of 2013 and was only open thru June due to having a baby and taking maternity leave for the rest of the year. I watched one family with two children. I received pay only through the state subsidy (Care 4 Kids) and meal reimbursement from CACFP. So, basically, I was only open during the summer quarter. I did not pay any quarterly taxes on this income. How do I go about paying taxes on it now?
TomCopeland 07:04 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by tamarab71:
I opened my daycare business in May of 2013 and was only open thru June due to having a baby and taking maternity leave for the rest of the year. I watched one family with two children. I received pay only through the state subsidy (Care 4 Kids) and meal reimbursement from CACFP. So, basically, I was only open during the summer quarter. I did not pay any quarterly taxes on this income. How do I go about paying taxes on it now?
Report your income (parent fees and CACFP subsidies) on Schedule C. Claim food expenses, supplies, car mileage, etc. on Schedule C. Claim two months of house expenses on Form 8829.

Don’t miss my February 4th webinar “Tax Changes for 2013: How to Avoid Mistakes When Filling Out Your 2013 Tax Forms.” It starts at 9pm Eastern Time and is sponsored by Daycare.com. Register here:http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...&llr=yatrx4cab
tamarab71 07:19 AM 01-29-2014
Thank you so much for your speedy reply.
Tags:quarterly taxes, taxes
Reply Up