Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NAEYC Life Insurance?
Mom2Two 11:13 AM 03-22-2019
Has anyone joined NAEYC and then signed up for their free, term life insurance? It sounds legit, but these days, everything "free" on the internet that then wants you to give your SS# make me feel concerned.
Cat Herder 05:29 AM 03-25-2019
I can't find what happens when you are no longer a member of NAEYC.

From NAEYC: " Discounted insurance offerings through the Trust for Insuring Educators (TIE), including professional liability insurance, home, auto, and others."

From Trust for Insuring Educators: "We offer discounts and economical rates on insurance plans from leading companies such as New York Life, GEICO and MetLife, to name a few. Many plans are specially designed to meet the needs of educators.

These insurance plans are available exclusively to the members and staff of more than 60 professional associations that participate in the Trust for Insuring Educators, the second-largest consortium of educators in the U.S."

"TIE now offers three life insurance options from industry leader New York Life Insurance Company:

A traditional group term life plan, annually renewable to age 80, with affordable rates in 5-year age bands; up to $1 million in protection available for member and spouse, and lesser amounts for dependent children
A 10-year-level group term life plan with guaranteed rates for the first 10 years; up to $1 million in protection available for member and spouse, and lesser amounts for dependent children
A group accidental death and dismemberment plan that provides up to $300,000 in protection for the member and proportional coverage for spouse and dependent children."
Cat Herder 05:51 AM 03-25-2019
Reading further, I can't find whether the discounts are more than the cost of membership.
Mom2Two 11:35 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I can't find what happens when you are no longer a member of NAEYC.

From NAEYC: " Discounted insurance offerings through the Trust for Insuring Educators (TIE), including professional liability insurance, home, auto, and others."

From Trust for Insuring Educators: "We offer discounts and economical rates on insurance plans from leading companies such as New York Life, GEICO and MetLife, to name a few. Many plans are specially designed to meet the needs of educators.

These insurance plans are available exclusively to the members and staff of more than 60 professional associations that participate in the Trust for Insuring Educators, the second-largest consortium of educators in the U.S."

"TIE now offers three life insurance options from industry leader New York Life Insurance Company:

A traditional group term life plan, annually renewable to age 80, with affordable rates in 5-year age bands; up to $1 million in protection available for member and spouse, and lesser amounts for dependent children
A 10-year-level group term life plan with guaranteed rates for the first 10 years; up to $1 million in protection available for member and spouse, and lesser amounts for dependent children
A group accidental death and dismemberment plan that provides up to $300,000 in protection for the member and proportional coverage for spouse and dependent children."
I found a FAQ section about member benefits, and it did confirm that there is $60K free term insurance, so I did sign up for that plus some extra. But I really don't understand the nitty gritty very well, like the questions you raised.
Tags:insurance, life insurance, naeyc
Reply Up