Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does this letter to DCP sound too...well, pissy?
bluemoose_mom 09:58 AM 04-15-2013
I need to address some issues with my parents. Does this letter sound too pissy? This is the rough draft, I'm sure it needs some tweaking but what do you guys think? Oh, and does 10 sound too much for a 3 month supply of sunscreen (I have a membership to sams club, so I do get a good price on sunscreen)?

Policy Notices
• As I serve breakfast shortly after each child arrives, no food or drink is allowed at drop offs. If your child has a snack in the car, it needs to be finished in the car or it will be thrown away upon drop off.
• Please no phone calls or texts between the hours of 9pm to 6am. I know it’s important to notify me if your child’s schedule changes, but as I’m sleeping between those times, please wait until 6am when I normally get up. Phone calls and texts between those times will not be answered or returned.
• Please have your child dressed for the day, with a clean diaper at drop off.

Summer Notices
• This year, I will be buying the same sunscreen for everyone. Your bill in May will reflect a $10.00 charge for sunscreen for the entire summer.
• As of May 1st, the following items will need to be supplied for
summer (and will stay here)
• Swimsuit (I provide towels)
• Swim diapers
• Water bottle with your child’s name on it
• Sweatshirt for cooler weather
• Summer appropriate extra clothing instead of winter clothing

Please make sure that appropriate fitting shoes (tennis shoes or sandals that stay on feet) are on your child for the summer. It may also be a good idea to have rain boots on hand, as we will be going outside when it warms up (ha!) but it may still be wet/muddy.
littlemissmuffet 10:13 AM 04-15-2013
Sounds great to me.

I send these same kinds of reminders throughout the year. I don't use please and thank you either - I shouldn't even have to send reminders like this
MsLaura529 10:17 AM 04-15-2013
Sounds okay to me. I would be cautious with the sunscreen though, as some kids tend to react different to some than others.
bluemoose_mom 10:29 AM 04-15-2013
Thank you both for the replies! I'm a little fed up at the moment, so I wasn't sure if that was coming through too much or not.

As far as the sunscreen goes, I will have a permission slip parents sign, and part of it will contain a section asking if their is a kind the child can't use.
LK5kids 11:07 AM 04-15-2013
Sounds really good!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:12 AM 04-15-2013
Sunscreen- here too I have had some funky reactions so I have the parent bring it and they must try it on their child the weekend before -both days! Neutragena seemed to be the issue last summer.
Other than that it sounds good to me.
originalkat 11:36 AM 04-15-2013
It doesn't sound pissy to me...I send stuff like this home pretty often.
AmyKidsCo 12:12 PM 04-15-2013
10.00/child seems like a lot for sunscreen to me, depending on how many children you have. Otherwise it sounds fine to me.
bluemoose_mom 12:33 PM 04-15-2013
I have 3 kids, but one won't be here for summer.

I figured it out that sunscreen will cost 11.00 for two cans. I figured one kid won't go through two full cans, but will need more than 1 can. Does a can and a half for 3 months seem like too much?
Cradle2crayons 12:45 PM 04-15-2013
I provide skeeter spray and sunblock and don't charge for it so I have no good advice on that topic except my daughter is allergic to water babies but in general that brand seems to have the best coverage and hypo allergenic status in my experience. I used to let parents bring their own spray for mosqitos but only certain kinds work on the skeeters that live at my house lol and even when being specific parents would buy the wrong thing. With west Nile cases like crazy local, it's a requirement here and sunblock as well. But locally I can get good sunblock for about five bucks a bottle so I think 10 a kid is reasonable.
itlw8 01:16 PM 04-15-2013
spray sunscreen does cost a lot more because it does not go as far. I am not allowed to use it in Missouri so 1 big bottle of sunscreen for all lasts us all summer. but my yard also has great shade.

I ask all children come with sunscreen on daily because it needs to be on for awhile. I put it on if needed for the afternoon.
Reply Up