Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Info Do You Give To New Clients....
TSDaycare 07:13 PM 05-02-2011
I have a family needing an infant spot-I know of the people through family, they are very nice and want me to watch their baby starting this summer. They don't even need an interview,etc. I emailed her my contract and she wants to pay to reserve the spot....My question is I have alot going on the month the baby would start: Im getting married so I would need off the week prior to that, we have a few weekend trips planned, and are looking at taking a week for honeymoon the following month...how much info do you give to prospective clients about dates coming up for vacations,etc. It will be a busy schedule but Im worried this may be a breaking point if I need all this time off. I have a huge heart and feel bad when I have to take off-I understand it is hard on the parents to find other care, I normally rarely take off unless I know the parents are off so it isn't much of a hassle. How much info do you give to parents who are really serious about coming to your daycare????
KEG123 07:21 PM 05-02-2011
Well the only way I can compare my situation is to yours is that I let both sets of parents know before signing a contract that I was taking 2 weeks off in late October because I am pregnant. I gave them ample notice and they were both ok.

Now in your situation, how much time are you really needing off? I'm sure if you're honest with them and give them as much notice as possible, and they really want to enroll, they will be ok with the days off. Especially because, like you said, you rarely take days off.
WDW 07:24 PM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by TSDaycare:
I have a family needing an infant spot-I know of the people through family, they are very nice and want me to watch their baby starting this summer. They don't even need an interview,etc. I emailed her my contract and she wants to pay to reserve the spot....My question is I have alot going on the month the baby would start: Im getting married so I would need off the week prior to that, we have a few weekend trips planned, and are looking at taking a week for honeymoon the following month...how much info do you give to prospective clients about dates coming up for vacations,etc. It will be a busy schedule but Im worried this may be a breaking point if I need all this time off. I have a huge heart and feel bad when I have to take off-I understand it is hard on the parents to find other care, I normally rarely take off unless I know the parents are off so it isn't much of a hassle. How much info do you give to parents who are really serious about coming to your daycare????
I guess my opinion would be, I would tell them.... so they have now to start covering those dates. If they are as nice as you say and want to come to you, I'm sure they will understand. If not, it's not meant to be with this family... but this is your WEDDING! Congrats, BTW.
cheerfuldom 08:02 PM 05-02-2011
I think the honest thing to do would be to make them aware of the vacation times coming up. I am assuming you already have the particular dates mapped out. Its up to them if they are ready to commit to having a backup.
Abigail 09:39 PM 05-02-2011
I would let them know all the dates since you already know just to inform them. If you need more to enroll and have a policy that you have paid days when you're not available, I would waive those fees for this new family or at least some of them since they will not be attending long before you need time off.
Mom_of_two 11:37 AM 05-03-2011
I give tons of info. I would let them know it all! I send emails every so often with reminders of holiday and vacay days that come up and refer them to the handbook or me if they have questions.

I do not take a ton of time off but need the time I do take, and figure if a family is not going to be ok with that, they are not for me. Best to find out upfront.
Tags:new family, potential families
Reply Up