Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Do For The DCKs at Easter?
Josiegirl 03:30 PM 04-02-2014
Do you have an Easter Egg hunt or color eggs? Do you make baskets or send anything home for them? Treats?
Spring vacation will be the week right before so I'm going to have quite a few kids here. Can't afford to get much of anything.

Any cute crafts you'd like to share?
Just feeling really uninspired about the whole holiday.
I feel like I'm still hungover from Christmas and Valentine's Day parties.
Bookworm 06:18 PM 04-02-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Do you have an Easter Egg hunt or color eggs? Do you make baskets or send anything home for them? Treats?
Spring vacation will be the week right before so I'm going to have quite a few kids here. Can't afford to get much of anything.

I do all of the above. For the egg hunt, I hide a golden egg with a gold dollar as the prize. We dye eggs and make "Eggs in the Nest" with chow mein noodles. We also have a party. I make each child an Easter Basket. I only have 12 kids and because is shop at Dollar Tree, it's not that expensive. As for holiday hangovers, we only have 4 parties a year: Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter.
Annalee 06:32 PM 04-02-2014

I ask the parents to bring a dozen plastic eggs filled with candy per child. We have an egg hunt and party. We give them baskets/buckets for the egghunt during the morning. Then the Easter bunny comes during nap and leaves treats in their baskets. We will do some crafts as well.
TwinKristi 06:40 PM 04-02-2014
I ordered little paper baskets, candy filled eggs, graham cracker gold fish Easter snack bags, and we'll do some crafts. We made bunny hand prints last year! Not sure what we'll do yet! I liked my Valentines crafts and wish I could replicate it with an Easter theme.
Sunshine74 10:24 PM 04-02-2014
Each classroom makes Easter baskets with their kids, we put a small chocolate bunny, and a few jelly beans, and a peep in them. And then on a Saturday or Sunday before Easter we have an Easter egg hunt.

The Easter egg hunt is one of my favorite things that we do all year. We fill eggs with a few jelly beans or m&m's, and split the kids by age into their classrooms to hunt. And then when all the eggs are found, we have some treats. It is a great time for the parents to talk and meet each other if they haven't.
snbauser 04:33 AM 04-03-2014
I used to go all out with the egg hunt, party, etc. The group I have this year is so wild, self-centered and competitive that I am dialing it back drastically. No egg hunt and only a small party which will consist of a special snack, maybe a craft and game, and small goodie baskets for each of them. I am closed for spring break the week before Easter so we will celebrate the Monday after Easter and be done with it.

Edited to add - I'm not really doing it to be mean, just to eliminate the issues I forsee. I usually go all out for most of the holidays. This year that was Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then when Valentine's Day wasn't a full out party, I had at least 2 kids who told me we didn't "do anything fun" So now I am toning them down and not calling them parties. They are just a day to "have some fun"
jenn 06:21 AM 04-03-2014
Nothing. I don't really do holidays. No party, no special crafts. There are a few decoration around the house, but that's it. Last year I gave each of them a package of peeps to take home with a tag saying "You're one of my favorite peeps!", and I'll probably send something home again this year.
Kimskiddos 06:28 AM 04-03-2014
We dye eggs, have a little celebration (parents send in treats) and have an egg hunt.

I usually buy little baskets and plastic eggs and fill them myself. I have a small group, so it's not too expensive. This year saw a cute bunny basket from a gal. milk bottle, think we will make these instead of me buying little baskets or buckets.
Attached: milk jug bunny basket.jpg (18.3 KB) 
llpa 07:37 AM 04-03-2014

We do it all but it is our first Easter open for dc besides I am so happy for Spring I can't help myself
melilley 02:05 PM 04-03-2014
We are having a little party the Friday before. We are going to make something together for a snack and do a craft and/or dye eggs.. I bought scented bubbles that were on clearance last year and am going to give that and maybe something else. I might get baskets or have the kids make Easter bags.

I love having parties!
misslori50 10:55 AM 04-07-2014
we wont really have a party cause we will do crafts all month. We will do an egg hunt I had a ton of eggs left over from lat year. Im sure the kids will playing egg hunt all the next week
Blackcat31 11:54 AM 04-07-2014
We do activities relating to the time of year but I don't do too much of anything directly related to Easter.

I include bunnies, chicks, eggs and an overall Spring inspired theme but I don't do egg hunts or give Easter baskets to the kids.

For me, this is an extremely religious holiday and I have a really hard time commercializing it for the kids.
KidGrind 12:29 PM 04-07-2014
I ordered each of the DCKs a baskets with their name embroidery on them.
Josiegirl 03:02 PM 04-07-2014
Well, I guess I will end up doing a few things. I bought a ton of plastic eggs but instead of filling them with candy, I'm putting slips of paper in them. Some will have things they have to do like pretend to be a bunny, count to 10, whatever. The other papers will have numbers on them indicating how many pieces of candy they'll get to put in their Easter baskets, or bags. Haven't figured that part out yet. Another day we'll be decorating eggs. One of the SA dcks is supposed to be bringing the movie Frozen, which they're all raving about but I've never seen.
gracepatiencelove 03:47 PM 04-07-2014
I am planning on doing an easter egg hunt in the yard/playroom (not candy... too many little ones, nobody has caught grasped that there should be candy involved, anyway ). Then the week before I hope to do that cute foot print/fluff ball photo frame easter thing, add magnets, and send home
Bookworm 04:52 PM 04-07-2014
We're doing a Lollipop Garden that I found on Pintrest this morning. You place dirt half way in a cup, add however many jelly beans you want and cover with dirt. Place it on a windowsill and wait. I told my kids that we won't have to water it because jellybeans have water inside them to help hem grow. When you decide the time is right place lollipops in the cups when the kids aren't there. I'm excited to see their faces when they see the lollipops.
Josiegirl 03:10 AM 04-08-2014
Bookworm, that sounds so cute!
Tags:easter, easter - activities
Reply Up