Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If They Ask Me Again-I Might Just Lose It!
Poptarts22 08:28 AM 01-13-2017
When is snacks? Is Marsha making snacks? What's for snacks? How much longer till snack time? Can we have cookies for snacks? Get the theme here? It is making me NUTS! I serve very healthy lunches and I even have some children trying to say they aren't hungry-then hounding me all afternoon for snack time. We have afternoon snacks everyday at 3:00-after the bus drops off. Never changes but the questioning doesn't ever ease up!?! Any ideas? (I tried the clock trick and coloring in the slot when snacks happen but they simply don't even acknowledge (or comprehend ) the concept
Play Care 09:10 AM 01-13-2017
Ugh, that IS annoying!
What are you serving for snacks?
I find it's worse when my snacks are more "crackery/bready" type things. So I try to change it up to things like apple slices with yogurt or peanut butter, veggie sticks and hummus, etc.
Totally feel your pain. I find when I get kiddos who eat cruddy at home, it's really tough. They will often skip the meal for snack. And I don't do seconds on snacks so they are hungry...
daycarediva 09:13 AM 01-13-2017
Ask them.

"Hmm, when DO we have snacks?"

then "You know the answer, silly."

"Maybe Joey knows when snack time is."

I go over the daily menu at circle time, breakfast and again at lunch. Then if asked I just tell them to ask a friend. SOMEONE usually remembers.
lovemykidstoo 10:54 AM 01-13-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Ask them.

"Hmm, when DO we have snacks?"

then "You know the answer, silly."

"Maybe Joey knows when snack time is."

I go over the daily menu at circle time, breakfast and again at lunch. Then if asked I just tell them to ask a friend. SOMEONE usually remembers.
I do this one alot for all kinds of repetitive questions lol
Cat Herder 11:02 AM 01-13-2017
What do you typically serve for snack?
Ariana 12:37 PM 01-13-2017
My own kids do this i usually say "I already answered your question, now I am ignoring you". I then ignore.
Baby Beluga 12:43 PM 01-13-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
My own kids do this i usually say "I already answered your question, now I am ignoring you". I then ignore.
My own has started this as well. Oddly enough I have never had a DCK ask that. I respond in a similar manner: "asked and answered" then I ignore. Although there is usually something magical about "asked and answered" where she stops asking
Reply Up