Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Parents and Guardians Forum

Parents and Guardians Forum Parents and Guardians should post and answer questions here.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:02 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Safety Question

My 22 mo daughter just started montessori school this week. She was previously in daycare. In her prior daycare, I had to enter a code in order to pick her up. At her new school, I just have to sign a dispatch log that contains all the students name and go back and pick her up. I have never been asked for identification and yesterday when I went to the room to get her they asked me if I was there to pick up a kid that was not even my own. I could have said yes and left with the kid. They have a great system for school time drop off and pick up, but my feeling is after school pickup is lacking. Are there any regualtions or rules for picking up children?
Old 09-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!
I am not sure of Illinois in regards to Montessori. You might want to call your state's licening agency. Here are your state's requirements for Family, Group and Center Daycare.

Group: http://www.daycare.com/illinois/lice...are_homes.html

Center: http://www.daycare.com/illinois/dayc...uirements.html

Family: http://www.daycare.com/illinois/lice...are_homes.html

Illinois Child Care Licensing Agency
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services
406 East Monroe Street, Station 60
Springfield, IL 62701-1498
Phone: (217) 785-2688
Fax: (217) 782-6446
Old 09-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!
I am not sure of Illinois in regards to Montessori. You might want to call your state's licening agency. Here are your state's requirements for Family, Group and Center Daycare.

Group: http://www.daycare.com/illinois/lice...are_homes.html

Center: http://www.daycare.com/illinois/dayc...uirements.html

Family: http://www.daycare.com/illinois/lice...are_homes.html

Illinois Child Care Licensing Agency
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services
406 East Monroe Street, Station 60
Springfield, IL 62701-1498
Phone: (217) 785-2688
Fax: (217) 782-6446
Found it on page 65 of the center's licensing regs. It states very clearly that people that the staff do not know MUST present photo id. I'd definitely bring this up with the director and teachers. Good luck!
Old 09-20-2010, 06:57 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I would communicate your concerns with the director of the Montessori. The afternoon staff should be familiar with each child/parent & should be asking for I.D. if they do not know who you are. That would definitely be a red flag if they almost let you take another child home!
I remember my daughter's first day of preschool I had to show I.D. picking her up b/c the afternoon staff did not know me yet. And my husband came to pick her up on a random afternoon and they asked for his I.D. as well.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak_Mome View Post
managed to pull bent safety plunger forward slide behind plunger slides out from there , just need to get my hands on that plunger , numrich or whatever the name is ?
Is this spam?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Maybe, I'll pull it. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Maybe, I'll pull it. Thanks!
Well it appears to be bent, so be sure to pull it from the side behind...

Tags
montessori, safety