Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Sales Tax?
marniewon 07:18 PM 01-27-2011
When going through receipts for anything that you purchased solely for daycare, do you add in the sales tax also? Or just the actual price of the item purchased?
TomCopeland 08:56 PM 01-27-2011
Always add sales tax to the price of any item you purchased that you are using for your business. Even for items that are used for personal purposes as well. So, if you bought a bunch of light bulbs for $30 and the sales tax was $1.80, multiply $31.80 by your time-space % to determine your business deduction.
marniewon 09:29 PM 01-27-2011
Thanks Tom!
Wadarmbal 02:17 AM 01-31-2011
there are no plans to develop e-filing for CA Sales Tax. Because users must register each client individually, then submit files through a third-party service for a fee, we dont think it is practical at this time.
assobemam 11:43 AM 02-03-2011
Why do sales not show up in the Sales Tax report for Tax Tables which have a zero tax rate? Those sales have to be reported each month and explained why they are tax exempt. I set up tax tables for schools, churches, etc.; thinking I would get a breakdown by tax code.

Also, what is included in the "nontaxable" column? Is this PRODUCTS on which no sales tax is required, or is it CUSTOMERS who are tax exempt, or both???

Also, once in a while an invoice will be listed TWICE on the sales tax report, thus doubling the tax liability if not corrected manually. This happened twice in March, on the same day. I can find no way to correct it, since the invoice is only listed once on the daily sales report, posting report and browse screen. Is this a glitch in the program, or am I doing something wrong when I enter the sale?

I would appreciate hearing from ANYBODY who can answer these questions.
Tags:sales tax, tom copeland
Reply Up