Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Kind Of Nap Mats Do You Use??
Crazy8 06:35 PM 07-28-2011
And where/how do you store them??? Does your licensing have any restrictions on thickness, etc??

Links would be great!!!
Michael 12:07 AM 07-29-2011
Some ideas here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=mats
PitterPatter 04:14 AM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
And where/how do you store them??? Does your licensing have any restrictions on thickness, etc??

Links would be great!!!
I use those little flip out sofas/couches. They stay in the corner of my living room in a 1/2 circle when not used as a bed. We use them as seats for soft reading spots then line them up and unfold for nap. I like them because the covers can be unzipped removed and washed. Each child has their own assigned. I only paid $35-$40 a piece.
SandeeAR 07:18 AM 07-29-2011
I have a separate room for sleeping, so I use toddler beds and pak-n-plays for the babies. I got them off craigslist for $35 each, including mattress and sheets.

If we slept in the den/play area, I like the kids sofa idea!
Crazy8 07:57 AM 07-29-2011
thanks. I'm trying to find something smaller, more compact than the mats I have now, so the sofas won't work.
MamaBear 08:05 AM 07-29-2011
I use the 1/2 " thick plastic mats (since my carpet is soft underneath) with the red on one side & blue on the other. I ordered mine from a company - BUT they sell them right now at Walmart & Target for the back to school season. They are even cheaper there. They only sell them this time of year, so if you need some - I'd get them now before there gone. I think they are about $7 per mat.
Crazy8 09:58 AM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
I use the 1/2 " thick plastic mats (since my carpet is soft underneath) with the red on one side & blue on the other. I ordered mine from a company - BUT they sell them right now at Walmart & Target for the back to school season. They are even cheaper there. They only sell them this time of year, so if you need some - I'd get them now before there gone. I think they are about $7 per mat.
I was looking online and saw one on walmart.com but it looked like really cheap vinyl. Which is fine by me if it will hold up ok - do you think it does???

Our licensing requires 1 inch mats but the ones I have now are 2".

And I'm really curious as to where everyone keeps them. Right now I have them on the shelves under the changing table but I'm getting a new changing table soon so was looking for other ideas.
erinalexmom 08:05 AM 07-29-2011
I saw these cute little fold up cots at walmart that fold like a canvas chair and fit in a little bag. you might check thier website
Tags:mats
Reply Up