Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Preschool
gumdrops 12:26 PM 02-28-2018
In my area, 95% of children go to 1/2 day preschool any where from 2-4 days/week. There is not even an option to go to daycare and preschool at the same location and it is not expected by parents for it to be done at in-home daycares. Most providers do a craft here and there, etc, but nothing based on overall Kindergarten readiness...if that makes sense?

I have followed this site as well as preschool groups on Facebook and I think it would be awesome to run my daycare more like a preschool. I have a Bachelor's degree in business, so I don't have any experience with education and as much as I'd love to go back to school, it's just not an option right now. I'm pretty confident that all the parents will still pull their kids out for 3 hours/day and send them to preschool even if I changed how I did things here and ran it like a preschool. It's just the "norm" for our area. Because of this, is it worth it? Will kids behave better? What do you do with babies? Is it more work or does it make things easier? Right now it's just free play all day and I think the kids get bored which leads to running, yelling, and me losing my mind! I know I won't get paid more for it, so I'm wondering if it's worth investing in extra supplies. Sorry, these questions might not be possible to answer because most of you have been running your business with a preschool base for years, so you may not have anything to compare to.
Tags:preschool debate
Up