Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare workers organizing fight between students
BumbleBee 07:09 AM 08-21-2012
http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.ht...90.proteus.fma

I have no words.
cheerfuldom 07:19 AM 08-21-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.ht...90.proteus.fma

I have no words.
oh my goodness, thats so awful. imagine those little kids there.....its just so awful.

in typical daycare center fashion, two of the workers mentioned were quite young. I dont know why so many parents are okay with very young girls (probably zero experience or education) being put in charge of large groups of young children. I dont think that is an excuse for this awful report though
Blackcat31 07:26 AM 08-21-2012
That is sad and disheartening. I don't really think that it has anything to do with age though....more with morals and values that each has. It is NOT cool to encourage toddlers to fight.

I have a couple DCD's that think Fight Club/Ultimate Fighting and things like that are super cool.....cool enough that their children try to emulate the same behavior. Neither dad is particularly young so I don't chalk it up to age.

I have also seen/heard area providers talk about parents who think that dressing their child up in "gang-type" clothing and teaching them phrases that are completely inappropriate is a "cool" thing to do too.....
cheerfuldom 07:51 AM 08-21-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is sad and disheartening. I don't really think that it has anything to do with age though....more with morals and values that each has. It is NOT cool to encourage toddlers to fight.

I have a couple DCD's that think Fight Club/Ultimate Fighting and things like that are super cool.....cool enough that their children try to emulate the same behavior. Neither dad is particularly young so I don't chalk it up to age.

I have also seen/heard area providers talk about parents who think that dressing their child up in "gang-type" clothing and teaching them phrases that are completely inappropriate is a "cool" thing to do too.....
I agree...the age has nothing to do with it. I was just pointing out that a lot of the daycare workers in centers are really, really young.....19 is young. Yes some 19 year olds would be capable of handling this job but I know in my area, a lot of the center workers are young and inexperienced....many advertise "no experience/education required", yet these are sometimes the lead teachers! yikes! whole other topic but still, its alarming to me every time I see it.
sharlan 08:03 AM 08-21-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
oh my goodness, thats so awful. imagine those little kids there.....its just so awful.

in typical daycare center fashion, two of the workers mentioned were quite young. I dont know why so many parents are okay with very young girls (probably zero experience or education) being put in charge of large groups of young children. I dont think that is an excuse for this awful report though
Age has nothing to do with it. I have a former daycare girl that's been coming over this summer. She just turned 12 two weeks ago. She could probably run my daycare by herself without missing a bottle, diaper change, meal, runny nose, etc. She LOVES babies and is super efficient. The only problem is she gets a bit bossy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, parents NEED to ask their kids questions about their day. They need to know what is going on in the daycare.
laundrymom 10:08 AM 08-21-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Age has nothing to do with it. I have a former daycare girl that's been coming over this summer. She just turned 12 two weeks ago. She could probably run my daycare by herself without missing a bottle, diaper change, meal, runny nose, etc. She LOVES babies and is super efficient. The only problem is she gets a bit bossy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, parents NEED to ask their kids questions about their day. They need to know what is going on in the daycare.
I agree!!!!!! I could not imagin being one of those parents. I don't think I would be able to keep myself from doing a little fight club fighting of my own. I'm ashamed to admit that but it's true. They not only crossed the line here, they stood and made faces at it.
DCMom 11:13 AM 08-21-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:

I totally agree with this ~ one of my summer helpers is 12 and a bit of a drill sargent, lol. She keeps me in line some days. Of course, she grew up in my daycare so she knows how things go but she would be like this anywhere, lol!

I think these girls just thought is was somehow funny that they were pitting these kids against each other. Probably had something similar happen to them when they themselves were in daycare, who knows? I just shook my head when I heard this on the news this morning.
Oneluckymom 12:49 PM 08-21-2012
UNBELIEVABLE......that was my thought when I read this. I just can not believe what goes on in some of these daycares.
DCMama 07:51 PM 08-23-2012
This is horrible!!!!! no wonder why some parent are scare to put their child in daycare
Reply Up