Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Person Who Quit the Bad Daycare with The Cursing Teacher Here
Unregistered 05:36 PM 09-07-2019
So the owner wanted me to come in to sign an employment separation agreement but people on here told me not to go. She said she mailed my last checks but I haven't received anything yet.
boy_mom 12:25 PM 09-08-2019
I would call and email letting her know you are still awaiting your checks and will expect them by a certain date before reaching out to a lawyer.

I would still refuse to sign anything, she has no legal right to with hold your pay, she is trying to strong arm you by refusing to pay until you sign.

If you're up for it, stop by in person to ask for them. Just be ready to refuse signing paperwork!

What a nightmare, sorry you're dealing with this!
springv 05:56 PM 09-08-2019
I'd get a lawyer and screw the rest
Cat Herder 08:55 AM 09-09-2019
Did you ask for the tracking number on the mailed checks? What date did she say she mailed them?
Blackcat31 09:01 AM 09-09-2019
I would look at your state's labor department website and find out what the rules/laws are in regards to receiving your last paycheck.

In some states, depending on the nature of why employment was ceased, employers have 24 hours to issue last pay check.

The info should be available on your state website.
If not, the number to call the labor department should be listed so you can call and find this info.
Tags:employment separation agreement
Reply Up