Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Some Advice! : (
Unregistered 07:22 AM 03-19-2010
So I have cared for a family for the past 4 years 10 hours a day and I need to vent!! I love the girls to death they have really become part of my family!! The girls are 7 and 2. During the school year the 7 year old does not come to daycare but she usually comes in the summer! I am mad because ever since last fall I have been asking and being assured by mom that the older child would be comming this summer! I have asked her several times to make sure and kept being reassured that she would be! I guess I should have asked for money as an incentive and shouldn't of taken her word for it because again I asked to be sure this week and she informed me that the 2 year old will stay here but they are going to send the 7 year old to her best friends house whos mother also does daycare! WHAT?!?! I have turned down several families in this time so that I would have an alloted spot for the older child all summer!!!: O They are going to drive at least 20 miles out of their way each day each way to do this!! WHAT?? Are you serious just to have your daughter play with her best friend all summer! They informed me that they loved my daycare and it had nothing to do with me just thought that it would be fun for the two girls to spend the summer together!! They are seperating their children and are going to send them each to different daycares! I guess I am hurt I have done SO SO much for this family! I have discounted their daily price to help them afford having two kids in daycare, in which I usually do not do, the dad was laid off two different times this last year and I willingly gave them the time off unpaid until he would return to work, I let them all summer send their older daughter part time but they send the younger one full time they send the older child to grandparents one day each week all summer to save on money and I have let them go week by week and pick which day that they will be taking off with little or no notice! I could go on and on of how I feel that I have helped them and yet they turn around and pull this on me! I am extremely hurt, angry and feel taken advantage of and I am not sure what to do! I have written them a page letter but I am nervous to give it to them! It basically says how I do not feel respected and expresses how I feel about the situation in all that i have done and given them! I have loved and cared for these kids unconditionally for the past 4 years and none of that matters!! I feel like they have not thought of any of this on how it would affect me and all that I have done to help them!! I am stunned!!! : ( This has never happened to me and I guess I thought people had bigger hearts than that!! I guess I learned my lesson! Anyway I am scared to give it to them because I certainly don't want it to harm our relationship and I do not want for them to pull their other child out as well but I do feel that they have harmed our relationship and if I do not get this off my chest I will hurt and be frusterated for a long time and don't want that either!! What should I do, the letter is not mean at all, but I don't know how a parent would take it!! : I I just said that I do not want them to feel obligated to send her back to my daycare due to this letter because I certainly do not want the interfere with what they have told and set up with their older daughter she doesn't deserve that but I did ask that they look at the big picture next time and look at what I have done for them before they make decisions like this in the future and that they need to realize that I do not just do daycare because I love children but that it is also my job and that my family depends on the income I bring in from it just as their family depends on the income their jobs bring in and that I thought about that when Dad got laid off and that should matter when making these decisions! I don't know sorry I will quit whining.... I would just like to know what you all think I should do!! I have very deep relationships with each of the families I care for, I am basically these kids second mom and I think all being a big happy family is a path to success, well at least I thought I matter and was important in each of these families lives, guess not!! : (
momofboys 03:02 PM 03-23-2010
SO what did you end up doing? I would be uoset too especially if I had turned down potential clients b/c I was expecting her daughter in the summer. I would let the parent know that oo, I'd tell her you had turned down other clients b/c she had told you numerous times that the older daughter would be with you. I guess that is what bothers me the most that they made their own plans but didn't inform you at all! I have had similar things happen to me & in fact a family I used to care for split their two girls up too b/c the one was being homeschooled & I was unable to do the HS so they sent her to another family & kept the youngest w/me. I hope things work out for you but I understand your being upset. I personally would not give them a letter, just tell her what you are feeling. It may be hard but you need to do it.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 06:33 PM 03-23-2010
You have every right to be hurt and upset...what was she going to do...not tell you until summer started? You said she told you when you asked her...so if you didn't ask, how long would she have waited to tell you?

Did you give her the letter?
TGT09 04:43 AM 03-24-2010
I had this happen over springbreak, which is next week. I had planned to have dcg for at least 3 days until just last week. DCM e-mails me last week and says well she's going to go to her grandma's for the WHOLE week. I'm livid and like you, I have done a TON for this family. DCG is a.d.d. and newly diagnosed...if it weren't for me at the beginning of the year she would have failed at school. Her Mom did NOTHING with her!

Now, I let the spring break drop and not say anything because it's just a week. However, I'm super afraid of her doing this during the summer. If she does this, I will be sure to point out that I highly doubt come fall, I will not have a spot for her to come back!
mac60 04:58 AM 03-24-2010
I would be mad too. I too have a first grader, and next week is spring break, and she keeps telling the other kids she is going to gmas next week. Hmm, when am I going to be told. I WAS expecting her ft next week and planning on the money. Yes, she will still have to pay the $35 fee but I was expecting $80, makes me mad. I too have done a lot for this family over the years, keeping daughter for up to 5 days for free while mom went on vacation......i don't know, we are definately taken advantage of, unfortunately, it is because we allow it, in my instance anyways. Very frustrating.
Unregistered 05:40 AM 03-24-2010
Well I did end up giving them the letter! I wrote a letter instead of just talking to them because I didn't want any of this to be brought up in front of the children and well my life is always surrounded in children so I thought the letter was a better route to take! I gave it to them last Friday and I asked on Monday if she had a chance to read it and she said yes and that she was in the middle of writing me a letter back! It is not Wednesday and I still have no letter and we still have not talked about it! She told me that they think I was confused and that they were only planning on sending their oldest to the other daycare for two weeks during swimming lessons! This is not true because she told me that it would be for the summer so the two best friends can be together and that the youngest they would keep the same and with me all summer! Whatever I don't know, just another way of them taking advantage of me again! I STILL don't know if she is comming or not!! I have had another call this week, I guess I have to do what I have to do right! : (
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 05:57 AM 03-24-2010
I too have one , a schooler, who was here last year one week on and one week off. He is afterschool only right now. I do not have room for him this year unless he is here every week (read this as unless she pays for him to be here every week) Im not skipping out on 600 bucks to help her out. I have a waiting list this year,.. and Im running extremely tight on numbers. I am AT capacity every day.Mom hasnt asked Yet about it. I am sending a reminder out with this springs newsletter. She is going to be angry but if she doesnt pay to keep him here full time, he cant come one week on one week off. (custody) In indiana schoolagers count in your regular numbers any time school is out for 3 or more weeks. So keeping a spot open for him to be here every other week would mean 'giving up' a child for a ft spot to keep him here for a limited amount of time. I have a teachers kid who will take his spot when school starts again so right now, he is allowed to take her spot.
nannyde 07:06 AM 03-24-2010
So I have cared for a family for the past 4 years 10 hours a day and I need to vent!! I love the girls to death they have really become part of my family!!

From the parent's POV your having them "become a part of the family" means that they get the extra love and consideration a family member would give to another family member while paying for regular day care. That's a benefit to them that they don't have to pay for. It's a FREE benefit so they are not going to factor that in when they make decisions about money. It's now intrinsic to your relationship and they didn't have to do a single thing to insure that it happened or it continues. If they don't consider it while dealing with the money then you shouldn't consider it when dealing with the money. Money and your love for the day care kids and their families don't have anything to do with each other. Whenever you expect your familial relationship to be reciprocated you will find that they will only do the reciprocating IF it doesn't cost them any money. If it costs them money they will go back to business quicker than you can say "Bob's your uncle".

The girls are 7 and 2. During the school year the 7 year old does not come to daycare but she usually comes in the summer! I am mad because ever since last fall I have been asking and being assured by mom that the older child would be comming this summer! I have asked her several times to make sure and kept being reassured that she would be!

You need to trust your gut instict. If you had ANY sense at all that the child may not take the slot you could tell the parent that you will be filling the slot with a large deposit and contract and you are going to offer it to her first. If she is unable to do the large deposit (I would say one month) and a signed contract which states she is liable for the payment for the entire summer regardless of attendance then you KNOW she is considering different options. Slot goes to the one who decides first, pays, and signs. It's not personal. It's business.

I guess I should have asked for money as an incentive and shouldn't of taken her word for it because again I asked to be sure this week and she informed me that the 2 year old will stay here but they are going to send the 7 year old to her best friends house whos mother also does daycare! WHAT?!?!

Not only money but a signed agreement obligating her to the entire fee for the summer.

I have turned down several families in this time so that I would have an alloted spot for the older child all summer!!!:

Well now you know that you should always go with the families who offer the most security to you in cash and in writing. You made the business mistake of letting someone doink with your family income without any obligation on their part. This parent did what worked best for her. She kept the available slot you have open in her "box of consideration" for the last six months and didn't have to do ANYTHING but "say" a couple of words to you. That means she was able to keep her options available FOR FREE. Any parent will do this. If they can just "say" something and get free they are going to do it. This is why every business has contracts. My cell phone company doesn't allow me to just "say" I'll keep the contract for a year. They make me sign an agreement that clearly outlines the penalty if I don't. It's the same in day care even when there is "love" and a past history of being famlial with a dc parent and their kids.

O They are going to drive at least 20 miles out of their way each day each way to do this!! WHAT?? Are you serious just to have your daughter play with her best friend all summer!

Of course they will. They are doing what is BEST for them. Their kid wants to be with her best friend. The parents want whatever "deal" their getting to have her there.

They informed me that they loved my daycare and it had nothing to do with me just thought that it would be fun for the two girls to spend the summer together!! They are seperating their children and are going to send them each to different daycares!

See how "love" works when you do a family love with dcp's? They take your love but the only thing they do in the love department is say the WORDS of "we love you". That's free.

I guess I am hurt I have done SO SO much for this family!

Friend, that's in the past. We are talking about what they are going to do today and in the future. Please don't consider your past relationship into their wallet of the future. They got all the "yes" they could out of you in the past. To them... whatever you decided to charge them... whatever consideration you did... whatever lengths you went to to keep them... THAT WAS THE FEE. They just look at what you DID charge them as the fee... not what you didn't charge them. See? You could go thru fifty million reasons as to why you discounted this or allowed that but in the end... whatever they HAD to pay is the FEE. It's not the "discounted" fee or "save us a week of daycare" fee... or "do extra hours for the same price" fee. To them the fee is just the fee.

the dad was laid off two different times this last year and I willingly gave them the time off unpaid until he would return to work, I let them all summer send their older daughter part time but they send the younger one full time they send the older child to grandparents one day each week all summer to save on money and I have let them go week by week and pick which day that they will be taking off with little or no notice!

You did that because at the time this is how you saved the slot. You can't imply that you did not do it so you would have them stay. You allowed this for money too.

I could go on and on of how I feel that I have helped them and yet they turn around and pull this on me! I am extremely hurt, angry and feel taken advantage of and I am not sure what to do!

You should be angry at yourself. You allowed this and now you are angry because when it came time for them to "give" they said no. Lesson learned. From now on get what you deserve so they don't "owe" you any consideration. They won't pay for consideration so why give it?

I have written them a page letter but I am nervous to give it to them! It basically says how I do not feel respected and expresses how I feel about the situation in all that i have done and given them! I have loved and cared for these kids unconditionally for the past 4 years and none of that matters!!

It mattered when they were getting it but it doesn't matter for today or the future.

I feel like they have not thought of any of this on how it would affect me and all that I have done to help them!! I am stunned!!! : (

Surely after four years they completely understand the concept that you charge money for a slot and live off of the income from the slot. They know how this affects you. They know you won't be making money off of their kid. They know you have asked them OVER AND OVER about it because you have been uncertain if they would do as they say. They can't have been with you for four years and not understood how this works.

Anyway I am scared to give it to them because I certainly don't want it to harm our relationship and I do not want for them to pull their other child out as well

Bam and there is the money shot. Their two year old taking a slot in your day care IS their insurance policy that you will again... be considerate and loving and allow them to do what is best for them.

So consider whether or not you want to mess with the two year old kids slot. If you don't want anything to happen with that slot than go on about your business and start fresh with these guys. Don't give them a letter expressing your feelings. Just run your business and keep the slot filled without rocking the boat. If you are willing to loose the two year old slot then by all means.. tell them how you "feel".

Good luck to you. Just keep this as a learning experience. Judy is right when she says "what's best for the parents is what's best for the parents". The parents want a YES today. That's what you are up against every day. IN the future build in your own YES and make them sign an agreement and give enough money in advance that it's in THEIR best interest to do what they "say" they are going to do.

Nan
misol 08:39 AM 03-24-2010
nannyde I LOVE your response. Your answer could not have been more clear and it takes into account the business AND parent perspectives. It makes me glad that I stuck to my guns on a call that I had yesterday from a prospective family.

I interviewed with a family last week that isn't even a client yet and trying to get over on me. So the Dad calls yesterday saying that they are still considering me but he had some questions. First he said that they were going to be in India for the entire month of December and wanted to know if they had to pay. I said yes they had to pay if he wanted to guarantee the space would be available when they got back. It's in my policies but I explained again that I do not give refunds or discounts for days that child is absent regardless of the reason. He then asks if I require a deposit (which was discussed in the interview). I told him again that there was a 2 week deposit due with the signed contract that would be applied toward the last 2 weeks of care if they gave proper notice. He tried to get me to agree to a one week deposit but I didn't budge. I told him that I do this to protect myself from unexpected departures from families. He assured me that they would give 1 month's notice if they were to ever leave. I told him I appreciate as much notice as possible but the deposit is not negotiable. Finally he asks if they can do a pre-care visit on Wednesday and Thirsday of next week (which is spring break). During the interview I offered them a pre-care visit. I usually do these 1-2 hours max. at no charge. I said sure. So he goes on to indicate they will be there from 8a-6p both days!!! I said Oh, I didn't realize that they would be here the whole day. I explained that my pre-care visits last a maxium of 2 hours and that if they would be here any longer than he would have to pay my daily drop in rate of $40 each child. He seemed a bit mad about that but I didn't care because I am not in the business of working for free! I think I have already decided in my mind that I will not be accepting this family. From day one they never had any questions about me or my program - all their questions have been related to $$$.

I forgot to mention that the Dad laughed in my face during the interview when I gave them my rate. He said "Is that all? And all meals are included? " Are you sure?" Their kids were in one of the more expensive centers so I guess they was thinking that there must be some sort of catch. If my rate was so cheap then why are they now trying to get e to cut them a break on everything.
Unregistered 01:24 PM 03-24-2010
Wow! Nannyde you are one strict lady!! I guess I could run my childcare buisness as you say and basically have NO "family relationship" value in it, but I don't think you can properly care for children like that! I believe that is what is WRONG with todays world, kids are treated like a number, like a dollar bill and that is it! There is NO UNCONDITIONAL LOVE giving to children, in which has made our world what it is today!! I run my buisness the way I do in hopes of making us a better future, I am sorry for venting on here and I thank those of you who understand!! I wish the world could have nicer, kinder, more trustworthy people in it and I guess I was giving this family the benefit of the doubt, my mistake!!! I gave them the letter because I felt as though I couldn't properly care for their family when I felt the way I did! I was fine with the child, but didn't want to look at the mother and that is why I needed to get it off my chest! The family can take it or leave it I really don't care! I wasn't looking solely at this situation because I would be losing out on my income! This was very disheartening to me and I honestly couldn't believe someone could be as cold hearted as that!! I gave them the letter knowing that they would probably leave with both children, which I really in turn think would be a better situation! Because quite frankly I do not want to do buisness with people that are that cold hearted and take me for granted! I have done childcare for the last 4 years and have never had an issue like this!! I would also state that I live in a town of 400 people word spreads fast and it isn't like I have a waiting list knocking at my door!! This is another reason as to why I have been so easy going and willing to help out!! Whatever I am done with this post and ready to move on, I will let you know how this ends up however!! : ) Have a wonderful day and give a child a hug today and show them that you care! : P
grandmom 02:06 PM 03-24-2010
Nannyde,

I totally agree with your outlook on this issue. Parents pay for a service. We provide that service. We also love their children and become extended family to the children. But it is still a service to the parents, and they have the option of ending that anytime. We make the mistake of thinking the parents think the same way we do. They don't. Parents will do what suits them.

I have in the past, I charged a flat rate throughout the year for school aged children. That is to say, all 12 months was the same rate. So I took the summer full-time price and the school part-time price and averaged it over 12 months. Then if they leave before summer, you could already consider part of that time paid. It's an option to think about.
nannyde 03:31 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wow! Nannyde you are one strict lady!! I guess I could run my childcare buisness as you say and basically have NO "family relationship" value in it, but I don't think you can properly care for children like that! I believe that is what is WRONG with todays world, kids are treated like a number, like a dollar bill and that is it! There is NO UNCONDITIONAL LOVE giving to children, in which has made our world what it is today!! I run my buisness the way I do in hopes of making us a better future, I am sorry for venting on here and I thank those of you who understand!! I wish the world could have nicer, kinder, more trustworthy people in it and I guess I was giving this family the benefit of the doubt, my mistake!!! I gave them the letter because I felt as though I couldn't properly care for their family when I felt the way I did! I was fine with the child, but didn't want to look at the mother and that is why I needed to get it off my chest! The family can take it or leave it I really don't care! I wasn't looking solely at this situation because I would be losing out on my income! This was very disheartening to me and I honestly couldn't believe someone could be as cold hearted as that!! I gave them the letter knowing that they would probably leave with both children, which I really in turn think would be a better situation! Because quite frankly I do not want to do buisness with people that are that cold hearted and take me for granted! I have done childcare for the last 4 years and have never had an issue like this!! I would also state that I live in a town of 400 people word spreads fast and it isn't like I have a waiting list knocking at my door!! This is another reason as to why I have been so easy going and willing to help out!! Whatever I am done with this post and ready to move on, I will let you know how this ends up however!! : ) Have a wonderful day and give a child a hug today and show them that you care! : P
You are misreading my intent. I'm just trying to talk some money sense to you.

If you are in this to" run my buisness the way I do in hopes of making us a better future", then why are you upset about the money? If the parents are saying the child will be happy with her best friend this summer then that's what they believe IS the better future for her. If that's what you are about then why worry about the money?

You have done the "family relationship" and haven't treated their child as a dollar for FOUR years. You HAVE accomplished what you believe. You know that you have given them tons of consideration to the point where you have lost money. If that's what you are after you have done that and are completely self assured that you have done it the right way. If that's the case then WHY are you concerned about the child not attending this summer? You've given the family FOUR wonderful (for them) years.

If this is all about family relationships then maybe offer to do the summer for free so you can spend some family time with their child. I'll betcha they will take you up on it really fast. If it's not about the money then offer them to do it without the money. They will be ALL about family when it's for free.

You said "I will let you know how this ends up however!! : )"

Usually on the internet the OP in these situations comes back and says that the parent changed their minds... they ARE in love.. and the "telling them your feelings" worked. Hopefully that will be the case in your case.

Nan
Unregistered 07:14 PM 03-24-2010
Nannyde is right, don't get mad at her.
My golden family just gave me notice. Mom's going to stay home with the new infant I was supposed to begin care for next month.
2 year relationship with their soon to be 4 year old done. It's breaking my heart, but I'm just the help.
The more you love the kids, the more it hurts when the parents drop you like a hot potato when something else better comes along.
Their children are much more important to you than you are to them.
Unregistered 08:47 AM 03-25-2010
I am not mad at nannyde and I certainly didn't mean to come off that way! I do think she is right and I will better my buisness in the future off of what she said! Even though I hope that people would be kinder, more trustworthy, and all around better people, in this lesson I found out that, that most often isn't going to be the case!! I was just saying WOW she is one strict lady and she really understands the buisness aspect of childcare and really knows how to stand up and run it!! I am sorry if I seemed mad I am not! I get what she is saying and I honor that and believe that she is right! It just isn't that easy to do, or it isn't for me anyhow, but I get that that is part of the job and you do need the confidence to stand up for yourself as well as your buisness to not be taken advantage of and I because of this lesson and some of what nannyde has says will certainly learn these things and hopefully better my buisness because of it and it will also change my thought of things!! I get everything she is saying and agree with most! I understand what she is saying and she is right, I just thought and was pretty nieve about the whole situation I did think that I matter to this family, but they have certainly proven that not to be the case! She is right, they will do what works for them!! I guess I had higher hopes than that and I will take this and learn for the future!! I guess I stated things a little wrong you can still show a child love, you just need to keep the buisness aspect of it seperate and in this case I certainly didn't do that and now look who hurts!! : ) I will take this and use it in my future that is all, I guess I was just looking for some encouragement and nannyde came off a little harsh and I was like wow, but yes she is right!!! Whatever what is done is done and I will take a shovel and scoop up my pile of whine and move on!! I guess I was a little mad yesterday because I didn't come on here to be told everything I did wrong, hind sight is 20/20 and I know what I did wrong, I came on here to have someone in the same field listen and I wanted to know whether I should give the family the letter or not and for someone to show me a little encouragement!! I know nothing will probably be changed by the letter and the family can do what they want with it and I honestly don't care whether they leave or not and money certainly isn't a factor, I do not deserve to be treated as they did, and some of that is being of my mistake, in which I will learn for the future, but I don't want them to get off so easily and I wanted to get it off my chest in which I did through the letter! Obviously I know that the family might be upset or really not give a darn, but in giving out the letter it sure made ME feel better!! Nannyde I know that to you I shouldn't have given the letter because it wouldn't make a change and that I should just move on and learn from my mistake and that I have, but my intent was to clear my chest and say what I needed to say so I could move on, I can't properly do childcare for them feeling so resentful, so with the letter my hope is that they see how I feel and maybe for a split second see what I have done for them and for them to realize I don't just do childcare for fun! However they handle it is up to them and I really don't care, but knowing that they know how I feel is important to me and also that they shouldn't expect such favors in the future!! : ) Thanks again!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:37 AM 03-25-2010
I have to agree, My husband says it takes all kinds of monkeys to make a circus.

alot of parents would replace you like cheaper internet service in the time it takes for an installer to come out and hook up a router.
I kept one family through dads deployment, life threatening injury and recovery in afganastan, 6 months of keeping them longer hours, because they were being cared for by gmas while their mom was at walter reid with dad in rehab. They passing of her parents,& their family dog, the complications of a scary pregnancy, some legal issues,.... and one day in the morning the mom comes in and says,.. I am going to put in my two weeks,..I found a lady that is not far from here who I can save 7 dollars a week if I take the boys there,.... In 3 1/2 years I had invested so much into that family,..I was worth less than 7 dollars a week.???? I was devastated, humiliated, embarrassed and pissed all at the same time. For 7 dollars a week between 3 boys,... I lost the kids I had loved so much. I of course smiled , took a deep breath,.. turned around to their cubby, gathered up their things and said,... I think you should take them there today. Because you have truly just hurt my heart and I dont want you in my home again. Please leave. She was absolutely shocked, I closed and locked the front door,... and refused her calls. She left messages that maybe she shouldnt have acted so fast, that she was sorry not to have discussed it with me. I left them unanswered.
About 14 months later she called, I just answered the phone,.. like normal. Not thinking it was her, not even checking caller id. she said was almost ready to deliver. baby #4. Asking if I was still mad, that she was sorry. Wanted me to keep new baby because new place didnt take infants, and she knew my boys loved my home. yeah,.. umm,.. sorry. I said, I really am glad that her boys loved coming, and I loved having them, but after the way I was treated by her,.. no. She was not welcome in my program. And I hung up.

I can honestly say that I am starting my 21 years of daycare. Full time, this is all I do. I have one family I keep up with out of the hundreds. I am guessing 6-700 families. One family who,.. well for example I got a package in the mail yesterday, no wait it was tuesday. Wasabi raspberry stone ground mustard,.. my daycare girl,.. who is grown, saw it thought of me and mailed it to me. Other than that,.... noone really.

Not that they dont appreciate me and what I did for them,.. but when they no longer need you,.. you become like a favorite pair of tennis shoes,.. eventually you discard and buy another. You eventually forget all the places those shoes took you, dependable, comfortable. You get new shoes,... that work just as well for you. You dont give the old shoes a second thought until you see a pic of them,.. and think,.. wow those were great shoes. But you leave it at that.
We are the same way. We remain the same,... they grow up and dont need us anymore. I often say that my job is to make them not need me,... And as many lap cuddles, diapers, feedings, games of hide and seek you play,.... when they are 16, and see you at the fair,.. your heart skips a beat,..You greet their mom,.. and you are introduced as "Miss Jill, she kept you from the time you were born to the time you went to school..". and they smile,.. and say Hello,.. then their attention darts to a friend walking by and they are gone.
Its almost the best and worst feelings at the same time, you see them as grown, beautiful, and wonderful. They are standing there Looking at the carnival rides the same way they did at 3 when they knew the cookies were almost finished baking. Then it hits you,... They dont remember all the love I gave them,.. or at least not how much it was.

ours is a cruel profession,...
Unregistered 11:50 AM 03-25-2010
Wow, thanks a lot Laundryduchess, I needed that like I needed another hole in my head. Now I have to go redo my makeup so I don't just look like my dog just died.

Beautiful. I'm going to print it out and share it with some other providers I know.
It's so sad because it's the truth.
Thanks, for real, for writing that.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:08 AM 03-26-2010
sorry unregistered, didnt mean to ruin your makeup,.. Ive had an emotional week with about 8 hours sleep since monday,.. so Im running on pure caffiene. I do think we have the most important and rewarding careers in the world, we shape people who could one day cure cancer,.... achieve world piece,.. or,... grow up to be wonderful caring people who love and respect those around them. It just sucks that people are at their best,.. before they learn how to use the toilet. Seems like thats when they start being influenced by the world and learn to be,... well. the general population. lol
Unregistered 06:04 AM 04-15-2010
So here is the update! LOL I gave them the letter on a Friday! They came Monday morning and I asked if they had a chance to read my letter! Mom told me I think you were confused. I said I was confused? She said, we were only thinking about sending the oldest child to the other daycare for the two weeks swimming lessons go on. Umm No, No, No not so!!!! I just said well I guess I didn't realize that was your intent and there was some miscommunication! Hmmmmm I don't know, that is NOT how she phrased the set up to me and my mother who is my substitute!! Whatever, I just let it go, didn't want to cause any drama!! Well they were waiting for the other daycare provider to get home from vacation to see if this was even an option! In the mean time I took in a toddler, he is just going to stay until school gets out and then I asked if they could find alternate care for the summer as I do not want alot of little ones this summer so we can do more things!! They are fine with that and will be rejoining us in the fall along with another toddler!! Anyway so the mom who is willing to seperate her children comes in the following week to drop off the younger child and sees I have accepted another child, little does she know he will be leaving in June, her face was priceless however, stricken panic because I know now she is thinking I filled her oldest childs spot!! Well I let it go on a few days she then asked me if I would still have a spot for her older child and if I would be willing to take her! LOL She said, we thought more about the swimming lessons thing and think that it would be silly to do that and would like to stay in your care! I said yes, but I would need the set days she will be here for the summer and that I can't keep her day off she usually takes floating because I am not taking in as many little ones this summer and have alot of activities and field trips planned and will need to know who will be here each specific day!! So we are going from there!! : ) She asked for a new contract to fill in the oldest daughters new summer schedule, So all and all I think it is working out and I just thought it was great to have the ball in my court for those couple of days, because her face was priceless and I knew she thought I had filled her childs spot!! I am not a decietful person, but they made me mad and drug it out so long, that I got great join in those couple of days seeing her panic!! Anyway we have talked this all out and I even got an apology, so we are moving on and life is good! Thanks for the advice and I will use it from now on!! It was a good learning experience, we are to much taken advantage of only when we allow ourselves to be!!! Thanks Again : )
Tags:spots
Reply Up