Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
MsLisa 09:52 AM 08-06-2014
I can not leave well enough alone.

UGHHHH! I'm now nit-picking my site again. Changed my CL ad every week with new ways of wording. Keeping my FB page alive as I can. I've just designed and bought a bumper sticker for my car and made new more whimsical mini business cards. I invested in books for center ideas and i'm bound to start revamping my centers. I'm reading advertising blogs and entrepreneur sites. Maybe I should remodel my handbook...throw $10 into Facebook ads...ahhh! I've run out of sites to market in.
My brain has been non-stop for 2 days now. The crickets are getting to me.
I now know why the daycare one block away up and went after a few months last year. The "lets use grandparents" market is hard almost damn near impossible to penetrate. I wish I wasn't so impatient.

I can not leave well enough alone. *deep breathe* Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...
hope 11:18 AM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
I can not leave well enough alone.

UGHHHH! I'm now nit-picking my site again. Changed my CL ad every week with new ways of wording. Keeping my FB page alive as I can. I've just designed and bought a bumper sticker for my car and made new more whimsical mini business cards. I invested in books for center ideas and i'm bound to start revamping my centers. I'm reading advertising blogs and entrepreneur sites. Maybe I should remodel my handbook...throw $10 into Facebook ads...ahhh! I've run out of sites to market in.
My brain has been non-stop for 2 days now. The crickets are getting to me.
I now know why the daycare one block away up and went after a few months last year. The "lets use grandparents" market is hard almost damn near impossible to penetrate. I wish I wasn't so impatient.

I can not leave well enough alone. *deep breathe* Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...
What's the grandparents market?
MsLisa 11:51 AM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
What's the grandparents market?
Well, my area is very high in elderly/retired {aka grandparents} & a lot of working parents use them as free childcare.
I know this for a fact cause every day i've picked up my daughter from school {since prek to now 2nd grade} the ratio of parents to grandparents is like 1:10. SAHM's are even rarer.
Most grandparents drop them off, pick them up, & watch them till whenever. I tend to befriend them & personally talked to many in the meantime. Most are reluctant to even want to do it but I imagine feel obligated.
I can't seem to get my foot in there as the alternative.
LysesKids 02:20 PM 08-06-2014
i have to close unpaid due to water main breaks... why can't the damn place I live just replace all the old water pipes at one fricken time... 3 days with either undrinkable, or NO WATER... especially Friday. I need $$ due to low #'s and this may just cause another parent to bail. I actually applied for foodstamps this afternoon I am so broke

I figured I would hit a few food banks while I have no kids, just so I can feed them next week... No option because I'm looking at 100 pay on Monday morning
Annalee 02:26 PM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
i have to close unpaid due to water main breaks... why can't the damn place I live just replace all the old water pipes at one fricken time... 3 days with either undrinkable, or NO WATER... especially Friday. I need $$ due to low #'s and this may just cause another parent to bail. I actually applied for foodstamps this afternoon I am so broke

I figured I would hit a few food banks while I have no kids, just so I can feed them next week... No option because I'm looking at 100 pay on Monday morning
I have in my contract where I close in the event of an emergency..i.e. no water or electricity, and I get PAID....had an ice storm many years ago which taught me the hard way to protect myself!
Blackcat31 02:31 PM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by LysesKids:

HUGS!!! I wish there was something I could do to make it better.

Have you considered staying open and asking parents to supply a bag lunch just for the week? Maybe make the week a "field trip/camp out" type week?

Can you bring big gallon jugs of water in so you have plenty available and can stay open or is it against licensing?
LysesKids 02:33 PM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have in my contract where I close in the event of an emergency..i.e. no water or electricity, and I get PAID....had an ice storm many years ago which taught me the hard way to protect myself!
I use to be paid for all closings, but starting in a new area, I have to give just a little to get clients; my credit cards have taken such a hit over the past 4 months, it sucks big time. Worse part is the state wants to place subsidy clients with me, but I actually qualify for getting foodstamps before the 30 day period... how does that make sense? I get paid by the state a month after care, but in the meantime I depend on the state to feed me... the food program went down the toilet when too many parents ddnt give me paperwork signed... can't afford to term them. can't afford to keep them either i
LysesKids 03:53 PM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
HUGS!!! I wish there was something I could do to make it better.

Have you considered staying open and asking parents to supply a bag lunch just for the week? Maybe make the week a "field trip/camp out" type week?

Can you bring big gallon jugs of water in so you have plenty available and can stay open or is it against licensing?
I't's against licensing... just as no electric... I have to close. I am licence exempt but run as licensed because of food program and possible subsidy client
Naptime yet? 07:51 AM 08-07-2014
All is want is a private chef and a personal trainer, is that too much to ask?
kathiemarie 08:02 AM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:
All is want is a private chef and a personal trainer, is that too much to ask?
I want a housekeeper and a gardener but as I look as my pile of bills I just don't see it happening soon.
jgcp 09:17 AM 08-07-2014
So I'm happy to say now that school is going again im getting busy!! Parents must have been using teenagers all summer and now they are back at school. I'm so happy buuuutttt i have a new 3 yr old that is going to take some getting used to! Anyone have this kid : Will not stop talking ALL. DAY.LONG from look at my socks to look how i chew my food. not kidding. and she is LOUD!! she has to be right in my face too even when im trying to help other children or if a child sits in my lap she runs over and JUMPS on me. when sitting on the couch she cant just sit next to me she has to sit ON me HARD and will wiggle all over putting her feet in my face and what not!! she gets along with the other kids ok and i know she gets a ton of attention at home so IDK mabey just suck it up ha i probably sound like a whinny brat but its a little overwhelming sometimes. And Im also watching a little girl and from the start ive known she was temporary and now i have ppl who want spots and i cant get a end date from dcm? I havent termed anyone yet so im not so strong in this area yet.... help
melilley 11:02 AM 08-07-2014
It's nap time and the neighbor kiddie-corner behind me is outside clapping and yelling so loudly to his son that I had to close my windows! Now my ds is awake, after only a 40 minute nap and I have a raging headache. Awesome.
daycarediva 11:41 AM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by jgcp:
So I'm happy to say now that school is going again im getting busy!! Parents must have been using teenagers all summer and now they are back at school. I'm so happy buuuutttt i have a new 3 yr old that is going to take some getting used to! Anyone have this kid : Will not stop talking ALL. DAY.LONG from look at my socks to look how i chew my food. not kidding. and she is LOUD!! she has to be right in my face too even when im trying to help other children or if a child sits in my lap she runs over and JUMPS on me. when sitting on the couch she cant just sit next to me she has to sit ON me HARD and will wiggle all over putting her feet in my face and what not!! she gets along with the other kids ok and i know she gets a ton of attention at home so IDK mabey just suck it up ha i probably sound like a whinny brat but its a little overwhelming sometimes. And Im also watching a little girl and from the start ive known she was temporary and now i have ppl who want spots and i cant get a end date from dcm? I havent termed anyone yet so im not so strong in this area yet.... help

LOL! I have a sportscaster. Sounds like your 3yo.

"DCM, I need to know by X when DCK's final day will be here or I will have to let her go by X." If she doesn't get back to you, terminate and fill the space with a long term client!
Rockgirl 10:22 AM 08-11-2014
I'm feeling disenchanted with my school agers. School needs to start like yesterday!
Thegrayghost1966 11:25 AM 08-11-2014
Wah-wah! When one cries, they all cry! 😔 Taking a mini break starting Wednesday! I dislike Mondays!!
Play Care 01:03 PM 08-11-2014
My septic backed up into my basement. Why? Because of those darn "flushable" toddler wipes that are supposedly "safe" for septic.
They lied. No more. The kids can wipe their bums with toilet paper like everyone else.
LysesKids 04:03 PM 08-11-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
My septic backed up into my basement. Why? Because of those darn "flushable" toddler wipes that are supposedly "safe" for septic.
They lied. No more. The kids can wipe their bums with toilet paper like everyone else.
I learned 8 years ago that living in certain places, you don't even flush TP; like any Victorian town you live or visit... after 7 years I'm in the habit of throwing all but the most discusting #2... and heaven forbid sanitary items get flushed - NOT IN MY HOUSE.

Of course I'm still dealing with having no water.. yep, another day without and now hoping it comes on soon so I can shower ( we had it yesterday but it was nasty looking, so yeah, NADA). Thankfully I am license exempt here and I skirted the state law today... parents brought 3 gallons each and I have my own plus I use no rinse sanitizer. Keeping fingers crossed I get it back tomorrow
hope 10:24 AM 08-14-2014
I am having a hard week. Dd is special needs and goes to school in the summer. Summer school is over and I can't seem to keep her as entertained as much as she needs and it is becoming overwhelming. Her needs are constant and I am trying to juggle her and the dcks and I feel defeated. DH has been working over time so that adds to the stress. I can't ask anyone to help by taking her for the day bc she can be a lot to handle. And to top it off I just had a dcg who is gone for summer but drop in today pee all over my floor. Dcm claimed she has been trained all summer and I should have known better. I'm sure dcg is trained but nervous being back here. So now I have a dd whose needs are not being met, a sad dcg bc she had an accident, another dcg that needs to be put behind a gate so I can clean, my DS that has been good as gold but hasn't been getting the attention he deserves bc I'm overwhelmed and a pee covered floor.
Sunshine74 11:00 AM 08-21-2014
We went to the park for most of the morning today. Expected the kids to take a really good nap because they played hard. And of course, half of them didn't even sleep their normal 2 hours. Oh, they are going to be so miserable this afternoon .
Unregistered 07:31 PM 08-23-2014
I have a parent who is furious with me because her daughter got sick while in my daycare and now is leaving my care. I have a 30 day notice to leave care. She tried to deduct the day she had to stay home with her kids and I said no, your sick days cannot be deducted per our contract . She got upset and told me then she was going to have to leave for money reasons and she had no more PTO time to use. I still said I couldn't do it. She coughed up the money but then told me she was leaving my care because I was not doing a good job screening the other kids. I told her I am not a mind reader and kids get sick - they just do. Not good enough for her. I let her know of the 30 day notice and that she owed me that but could still come , mind you she is rude and passive aggressive since this began during the whole situation but before that she was very nice. I asked her what the problem was and she denied anything was wrong. My children are teenagers and observed her behavior knowing nothing was going on and commented that she was rude to me. ANYWAY, I called in sick on Friday to her because I was tired of the volatile behavior and I was a little sick. I let the others kids come. She shows up at my door at 4:30 pm as if she was getting her kids who were not there! and confronted me. I didn't know that she had already stopped other parents leaving with their kids to ask them questions about me and tell them she was filing a complaint against me. I said what are you doing here? She said to pick up a baby bottle. I handed her the bottle at the door. Then she started to go into it. She asking me (telling me) thought you were sick why was I working etc... I just shut down and told her she was crazy and made the circle motion around my ear. She stormed off yelling my kid got sick at your house bellowing out her car window. Saying see you in court I'm calling licensing etc...I have been sick all weekend because her behavior has threatened to ruin my daycare. What would you do as a provider?
Mister Sir Husband 07:49 PM 08-23-2014
I'd ban her from my property, send her a bill for the 30 days (as long as it's in your contract with her signature next to it) and take HER to court when she doesn't pay. Not too much you can do about her badmouthing you to other parents, but address it with them (without bashing her) if they ask..
lynne 08:42 PM 08-23-2014
A restraining order to keep her off your property. and let her know that if she keeps harassing your clients you will take her to court. Be upfront with her and don't take any crap from her, treat her like the child she's acting like...
Play Care 05:44 AM 08-25-2014
It was supposed to be my summer assistants last day. She called out sick. The kids are bummed.
MsLisa 08:13 AM 08-25-2014
You know what would be great right now?? SOME KIDS TO WATCH!
For the love of sparta, can I just get 2?! Just 2.

Too bad its 80 degrees this week so i can't wear my daycare hoodie at school pick up. You'd think my tear off flyer at the super market would have gotten me like 1 email. Nope. I refuse to spend anymore money on this!

Guess i'll go clean more....
NightOwl 11:55 AM 08-25-2014
Dcb2 is running past the island and baby gate into the kitchen, going into the living room and back to the kitchen, circling like a shark, whining and groaning because I'm not giving him food fast enough. And when I do give it to him, he takes 2 bites and is so full he can't possibly eat any more. Rinse and repeat at the next meal time. I am so over this child.
readingiskey 03:33 PM 08-25-2014
I had a bout of lice go through my daycare - in 20 years I have never had to deal with this. Shortly after that happened Hand Foot and Mouth showed up. Never dealt with that either. Anyway, this parent is furious with me and told me I have been letting sick kids come to daycare so as a result her kids got sick and infested. When I checked her kids to see if they were also sick she had NO IDEA herself. I do understand her frustration but she is irrational. Her kids had to be home for two days so that they would not expose any kids that may have not been sick as did every one else. She tried to deduct that amount from my pay without saying anything to me. I told I couldn't do that and she needs to pay me, she signed the contract. She was pissed! Told me fine I am going to have to pull them out then. I said your going to pull your children out if I don't accept you deducting money from my pay? She says NO! but the next day (payday) she gave notice and when she was reminded I have a 30 day she was visibly annoyed. She put the check in her daughters backpack and then as she was walking out said the check is in the bag. It was for ONE WEEK -she paid me for one week. I called her at work and said if you do not have the rest of my pay (she pays two weeks at a time) then she will have to come get her kids. This woman is furious. She gave me the money but at the same time gave me nothing but attitude and was rude to me.When I confronted her about it she denied all of it. I called in sick only to her Friday since I was ill Thursday. I did have other kids from parents who were not freaking out about germs come to daycare though. She shows up at my house and confronts parents outside of my home while they are leaving my home and questions them about me and if they were at daycare today and then announces to them she is filing a complaint against me. My personal life has been turned upside down because of this woman. I believe she is out of her mind and has no respect for me as a person and when I stuck up for myself it drove her to behave like this. I sent her a text message telling her that I apologize for any upset and will refund her money. (I meant the day I called in to her) s$500 by the end of the week or I am filing a complaint and getting an attorney. Please I can take criticism and advise so please give me your opinion on how I should handle
readingiskey 03:37 PM 08-25-2014
....sorry the rest of my post got deleted. She replied to me that if I did not refund $500.00 money she says she is out then she will file a complaint and get an attorney. I know that she has no grounds against me in fact she is the one that owes me for a few days that she had neglected to add into the 30 notice.
readingiskey 03:38 PM 08-25-2014
have you tried Craigs List?
readingiskey 03:47 PM 08-25-2014
sorry guys I re-posted this again thinking it didn't make on here. I did send her a text message telling that I was sorry for over reacting to her and that I would refund her money (meaning the one day I was sick) she responded with thanks for the apology bu if you do not come up with $500 by Friday I am following through with my complaint and getting an attorney. What a whack job man. I just do not know what to do.
Play Care 07:14 AM 08-26-2014
BEES!!! They are so desperate this time of year, so they are constantly aggressively swooping and dive bombing. It's a gorgeous day out here but I keep having to move the kids around.
Annalee 09:26 AM 08-26-2014
BEES!!! They are so desperate this time of year, so they are constantly aggressively swooping and dive bombing. It's a gorgeous day out here but I keep having to move the kids around.
I had a child get stung yesterday.
Play Care 09:49 AM 08-26-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I had a child get stung yesterday.
We've managed to not have any stings so far this summer, but we *always* get one or two this time of year. And I aggressively treat the are for any nests and such too.
daycarediva 09:59 AM 08-26-2014
Here, too! The kids BEGGED to eat outside. BAD IDEA.
DaveA 10:16 AM 08-26-2014
I had to move our hummingbird feeder from by the front porch steps to the other corner of the house. The bees were insane.
Patches 07:59 AM 08-27-2014
Missed my prenatal appointment and still can't reach my sub on the phone
LysesKids 08:05 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by Patches:
Missed my prenatal appointment and still can't reach my sub on the phone
That sucks... maybe it's time to fire the sub and just close a half day when you have appointments (I schedule any appointments early morning and open by lunch)
NightOwl 08:09 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by readingiskey:
....sorry the rest of my post got deleted. She replied to me that if I did not refund $500.00 money she says she is out then she will file a complaint and get an attorney. I know that she has no grounds against me in fact she is the one that owes me for a few days that she had neglected to add into the 30 notice.
This person is trying to black mail you!! She's gonna NEED an attorney after she is arrested for extortion!
lovemykidstoo 05:29 PM 08-27-2014
I don't usually vent here, but it's been a day from Hell!! I had 6 kids today, which is my licensing capacity. The ages are 4,4,3,3,16 months and 4 months. The 4 month old naps at most 30 minutes at a time and is completely miserable the rest of the time. One of the 3 yr olds is going through the God awful 3's and was throwing things in my pool and hitting his brother (4 months). At naptime, the 4 month old pissed and moaned the entire time the other kids were napping. I got the others up later and the 16 month old had somehow unhooked the one tab on his diaper and there was poo falling out of his diaper. I laid him on the floor and was trying to clean him up and change his clothes and the entire time the 4 month old was laying by us just screaming bloody murder. He's used to undivided attention. Could not wait for this day to end.
BumbleBee 05:29 AM 08-28-2014
Today is the preschool reading hour at the local library.

On August 13th I e-mailed my mom to see if she was available to come sit with the infants/toddlers while I took the preschoolers to the reading hour. I gave specific times (9:45am - 11:45am) She e-mailed back that she was available and would be here.

On Monday (August 25th) I spoke with her and confirmed that she was still available. She said yes. I reiterated the times and who she would be staying here at the house with. I e-mailed again to have it in writing. She e-mailed back teasing me for not trusting her and that YES she would be here.

I called her 25 minutes ago (8am) to be sure she was still coming. Yes, she says, I will be there. As we're saying our goodbye's she goes "see you this afternoon" um....WHAT? No, I say, I will see you at 9:45. She tells me that that's not what I said and she has a different time written down so she'll see what she can do.

I'm pissed. I immediately got on the computer, found BOTH sent e-mails and her responses and forwarded them to her.

THIS is why I don't try to do things with only part of the group. Guess it's time to get a group license, pay the extra insurance stuff for employees, and hire a real assistant.

I did NOT need this today.
Play Care 05:41 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Today is the preschool reading hour at the local library.

On August 13th I e-mailed my mom to see if she was available to come sit with the infants/toddlers while I took the preschoolers to the reading hour. I gave specific times (9:45am - 11:45am) She e-mailed back that she was available and would be here.

On Monday (August 25th) I spoke with her and confirmed that she was still available. She said yes. I reiterated the times and who she would be staying here at the house with. I e-mailed again to have it in writing. She e-mailed back teasing me for not trusting her and that YES she would be here.

I called her 25 minutes ago (8am) to be sure she was still coming. Yes, she says, I will be there. As we're saying our goodbye's she goes "see you this afternoon" um....WHAT? No, I say, I will see you at 9:45. She tells me that that's not what I said and she has a different time written down so she'll see what she can do.

I'm pissed. I immediately got on the computer, found BOTH sent e-mails and her responses and forwarded them to her.

THIS is why I don't try to do things with only part of the group. Guess it's time to get a group license, pay the extra insurance stuff for employees, and hire a real assistant.

I did NOT need this today.
Aw, that stinks!! A couple of years ago I offered my mom the job of summer assistant. She turned it down and I was so happy. I know that I'd have similar issues and I wouldn't be able to say anything
Thegrayghost1966 11:19 AM 08-28-2014
That almost 10 month old who thinks nap time is not when the others are napping! Ugh! Just sitting in the pack and play letting out a whimper here and there. If I bring her into the living room to rock her, she wakes the other baby up and then I have two screamers on my hands. 😞
Sugar Magnolia 04:02 PM 08-28-2014
Stupid flipping rain. Stupid flipping motorcycle. Hour and a half to get home 8 flipping miles. Stupid Florida. GAH!! Only 2 more months of summer . &@$_""$
Kimskiddos 05:07 AM 08-29-2014
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Stupid flipping rain. Stupid flipping motorcycle. Hour and a half to get home 8 flipping miles. Stupid Florida. GAH!! Only 2 more months of summer . &@$_""$
I hate riding in the rain! We were in Cloudcroft NM a couple of weeks ago and took a trip up the ski mountain at Ruidoso and just about the time we got to the top of this very hairy mountain road, yep it started raining. Riding back down that in the rain was NO FUN! But we made it, thank goodness for rain gear.
jgcp 08:19 AM 08-29-2014
WOOPS Probably shouldnt have told that dcm that i was so happy tomorrow is friday and we have a three day weekend haha she looked at me like " how dare you WANT a weekend" this is the dcm who dosnt put her kid to bed till 1130 at night then brings her child to me and she acts like a bear. funny thing is she sleeps just fine for me and this dcm always trys to come up with an excuse like "oh mabey its her super slight allergy to wheat" ummm pretty sure its the fact that you just dont MAKE HER GO TO BED!! I talked to the dad and he said he stopped trying to help because dcm and dck dont listen to him... geez. ok vent over hope today is better oh and WOOHOO ITS FRIDAY AND A 3 DAY WEEKEND!!!!!
Unregistered 04:47 PM 08-29-2014
I should not have to say did you bring a check? then daycare mom says real snotty I forgot I just remembered if you want it you'll have to come out to my car to get it.

Next Friday bring it with you I am not chasing you down for my hard earned money! You friggen drive me nuts!!! Good thing it's a three day weekend!
Mister Sir Husband 05:24 PM 08-29-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I should not have to say did you bring a check? then daycare mom says real snotty I forgot I just remembered if you want it you'll have to come out to my car to get it.

Next Friday bring it with you I am not chasing you down for my hard earned money! You friggen drive me nuts!!! Good thing it's a three day weekend!
Um, no.. If you want my services next week, you will have to bring it here to my front door. And please hurry as I have things to do.
NightOwl 08:13 PM 08-29-2014
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Loved the pic! I told you you should've stayed put! Rain on a motorcycle is like a thousand needles.
Unregistered 10:24 AM 08-30-2014
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
Um, no.. If you want my services next week, you will have to bring it here to my front door. And please hurry as I have things to do.
My thoughts exactly! My mom is my co provider and couldn't believe this daycare mom talked to me that way.
Unregistered 10:27 AM 08-30-2014
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
My thoughts exactly! My mom is my co provider and couldn't believe this daycare mom talked to me that way. I was shocked too. I should have said well EXCUSE THE HELL OUT OF ME for wanting my two weeks worth of pay for taking care of your self centered little devil child. I was just so thrown off and not on my game.
SilverSabre25 07:27 AM 09-02-2014
Today sucks. .. so much whining and crying. And If I put them down for naps, they will not sleep at naptime (I tried last week). I just have to struggle. ..
Play Care 08:57 AM 09-02-2014
Started an infant today. Guess who doesn't want to nap....
DaveA 10:56 AM 09-02-2014
Told my oldest the apple tree was ready and come pick some. He shows up right as I'm laying kids down for nap and BRINGS HIS NEW PUPPY!!!! I may have to hurt him.
Kathy kayak 11:23 AM 09-02-2014
I have been in operation for 8 years and have never had anything like this happen to me so I am unsure how to handle this....

I cared for a dck for 10 months within this time the dck has alleged what sounds like abuse....I was once confronted by one of the parents because the child alleged I locked them in the bathroom, when there are no locks on any bathroom doors in the home even the bathrooms that are off limits to kids dont have locks...when this child was trying to use the bathroom with the door open all of the other kids began to make inappropriate comments therefore I closed the door while dck used it...in dck mind I locked them in...

after I spoke with dck parent about this we moved on from that only to be confronted again a few months later as now the dck has told parents I yelled at dck outside..... myself and my assitant had a group of 11 playing in the park we called for the group to line up as it began to rain all of the kids lined up except for this child, who was still sitting in the park I did raise my voice for dck to line up please because it was raining and we had to hurry and dck was sitting on the other side of the park from where all of the kids know we line up at....

so again i spoke about it with parents and we moved on...after this incident my husband told me I should have dck parents sign off on anything that we think this child could perhaps use to say we did something....we even talked about removing the child from care but I silly me i figured the kid was only 4 and this is sometimes what 4 year olds do and it comes with the territory of my job.

A few months later a family member of the dck a 5year old soon to be six year old was enrolled into my program dck2 was with us for 7 months but left to spend time with family out of state. When dck2 left the parent wrote a very nice letter about the care we provided to the child and how much dck2 learned while in the program and thanked us for the care we provided.

Another incident with dck1 occurred a month and a half later after dck2 left the program. I got a call in the middle of the night from the parent of dck1 who now alleges dck1 was hit in the face by staff 5 times.. ( this is a new assiatant who was not aware of the two prior allegation the child made). When I asked staff about this, staff stated it was unture and the only time they had come in contact with dck head area was to brush out the woodchips that the dck had in hair from rolling around in the park.

The parent stated they did not trust my new staff and would not bring the dck back although the child loved me and the program. Before the converstaion was over the parent of dck1 conviently stated their family member who had a child enrolled in my program had the same concerns about abuse...this child had never met the new staff and parent left here and wrote a lovely withdrawl letter...

so I am confused..the next day the parent of dck2 called and left a message about the yearbook dvd they ordered(i had not heard from The parent since the child left care so this is about a month and a half). I explained they were not in yet and I asked about these new allegations that I was being told that dck2 now made.. the parent stated the dck2 never said anything while the child was in care, the parent also said they were sure the dck2 would have said something if someone had done something yet when dck1 made allegations they asked dck2 if anyone had done anything while the child was in care.

The parent said the child stated a family member of mine picked them up by the collar and threw them onto timeout Yesterday.... (YESTERDAY! We had not seen this kid In almost 2 months) . The parent cliams they did not believe it since the child tells everything and never said anything before and because the child said yesterday and was not In care but I am confused as to why dcp1 claimed the family member told them they had concerns as well.

i informed dck2 parents we would contact them when the dvd was ready prior to all of this maddness but I ended up closing my program for summer as I was so frustrated with this and did not know how to handle it. While I was closed I received a messgse from dck2 extended family member about the dvd and they stated if I did not call back about the dvd they would be showing up to my home..(mind you this is not the mom or dad or dck2 it is an extended family member)...no one ever showed up and I never returned the call to that person as I did not want to even look at my business phone while I was closed as it was just a reminder how I work my butt off to create an awsome program and am treated like crap so I did not turn on the phone in the months I was closed (yes I lost potential clients) but this family has made me lose my drive to do something I have always loved.

so the dvds will be in next week and I informed dck2 parents by phone but i am unsure what to do here..what would you do in this situation? Would you give the dck2 parent the dvd or a full refund as I cant see why anyone would want memories from a place that they alleged abused their child..all I can see in my head is this family looking at the dvd with dck1 and dck2 and making more false accusations..and i have a home daycare and dont really want these people with photos of the inside of my home but maybe i am overrecacting...I am lost here any feedback?????

Sorry for the long vent....I rewlly feel defeated by all of this my husband and I have had many sleepless nights thinking and talking about this whole mess.
Bertha 08:50 PM 09-02-2014
In my opinion the parent of dck1 is just saying whatever they feel will get under your skin. If I were you I would believe the parent of dck2. What reason would they have to lie to you. It sounds, to me, like they have been and are continuing to be very loyal to you.
I hope things get better for you.

craftymissbeth 12:52 PM 09-04-2014
I have strep throat AGAIN... this is the third time this year. I'm so sick of this. I have had it at least twice a year for three or four years now. When I don't have strep, my tonsils are HUGE and full of craters that are full of tonsil stones. I very much dislike my tonsils
Naptime yet? 09:03 AM 09-05-2014
It's good to know, DCM, that you took the day off work to clean your house because you're having a party for your new neighbors. I'm sure your child would much rather be here with me, anyway. Don't forget to pick up at the last minute!
AmyLeigh 06:57 PM 09-05-2014
Uh, I am getting tired of dcm questioning the little bumps, bruises and scratches that her 4 yo dcg is getting. How is she getting them? By PLAYING and BEING ACTIVE! That's how! I know that dcg gets special snowflake bubble wrap treatment at grandma's two days a week, but 1) I have a few other kids here, and 2) Childhood is about running, jumping, getting dirty and yes occasionally, getting hurt. These aren't major injuries. The one she just texted about is a small scratch on her cheek that at first glance, I thought was a hair. It'll be gone by Monday at the latest. What is she going to do when dcg goes to school next year? Interrogate the teacher over every little owie? The ironic thing is about a month ago they had to take her to ER for an injury over a weekend and she acted like it was no big deal.

"Let it go, let it go..."
Play Care 06:04 AM 09-06-2014
I am so annoyed with my school year assistant. Her CPR/first aid was up in July. As she doesn't come over the summer she said she would have it in time for the school year. I emailed her yesterday reminding her I would need her current certification before she starts. Guess who still has to take the class? And the only day she can do it is this Tuesday.

I really needed her here that day as the 3 yo preschool class has a shortened schedule and no sooner do I pack everyone in the van to bring them, I have to turn around and go back to pick them up. I hate dragging the other kids out for that.
MsLisa 07:47 AM 09-06-2014
Not about daycare but its vent non the less....
I have nothing in common with my 7yr old daughter anymore and it makes me sad. Makes me insanely crave to have another kid. Which my hubby has already said no to a 1000 times.

She spends most of her days watching Minecraft videos on her iPad, plays minecraft with her dad, collect pokemon cards and has no interest in toys. All I feel I do anymore is remind her to eat, get dressed and make sure she's doing good in school. I feel completely disconnected from her. Like she isn't my kid.

I, on the other hand, love barbies, all things creative & art, and of course educational things. I dislike electronics, although they are a necessary evil for my business and social life. I would do without it if i could.
All these toys I have just sit...from millions of legos to gallons of barbies. I even find myself craving to buy more but know full well they will never see they joy they're should. It makes me so incredibly sad and even angry. I would pack it all away if I wasn't trying so hard for my business.

I want a kid who wants to squish play-doh, make puppets, experiment with science and read books on my lap. Who still wants to learn and PLAY....heck just go for a nature walk! She's none of these things.

Its really what fulls my passion for my daycare....I just want 1 kid who will come in and appreciate all I have. Make a toy tornado, wanting to try new things, giggle, laugh and PLAYYYYY....and i can't even get that.
Play Care 03:18 AM 09-10-2014
I have a cold. I feel as though it's been one thing or another all summer with illness and I'm dreading this winter. I wash my hands, I eat (mostly) healthy foods, I take vitamins, etc. I would just like a couple of months to go by where I'm not waking at 3:00AM feeling like I'm suffocating due to cold and allergies. Is that too much to ask?!
blueskiesbutterflies 05:10 AM 09-10-2014
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
20 min after drop-off and dcb is still having a tantrum on the floor. I'm doing my best to ignore it, and hopefully this isn't an indicator of how the rest of my day will go!!
Well I feel for you! I have one, who gets dropped off first and after about 10 min after parent leaves he is pacing from front door to the baby gate whining! Really tends to get OLD hearing this every single morning all day long....ugh
AmyKidsCo 06:07 AM 09-10-2014
When I say "I think her teeth are bugging her" and the parent says "She was up at midnight so we gave her Tylenol, and again at 6:00 this morning" then I ask if I should give her some today the parent says "No, I think she'll be OK."

Then why did YOU give her Tylenol??
hope 10:10 AM 09-10-2014
I have a dcm that likes to drive me crazy. I have been getting better and better at keeping her in check. She was gone for the summer and returned with her newborn and toddler that I have watched last year. She wanted to use her own bottles instead of mine and I agreed. She pre made 3 five ounce bottles for the first day and that's it. So I told her that amount was not enough and I require a weeks supply of formula to be kept here, not pre made bottles. She put up a fuss because she was worried I would waste formula???? The next day she came with formula and text me 2 minutes after she left for drop off. Her text was instructions on how to prepare a bottle. ...for every 2 ounces of water add one scope she wrote. Really?
What I wanted to say was "not only have I raised two children of my own, I have also cared for numerous children over the years. Even if you were under the assumption that I have never cared for a formula baby before I would think you assumed that I can read. There are instructions on the canister. If you truly believe that I am that incapable I find it despicable that you would leave your two children in my care today.". But instead I replied "of course I know how to prepare a bottle. You need to remember to trust me.".
deliberateliterate 02:20 PM 09-10-2014
Today:

-My dog had an allergic reaction to some post surgery medication I gave him this morning. Puked multiple times all over my carpet. Ran out of paper towels last night, so I had to use and toss dish towels!

-At the park, I thought DCG pooped (she's a notorious park pooper). I went to check, and it went all the way up to the top of her diaper, so I got it on my finger, under my nail.

-Got home from park, and realized I left some cantaloupe peelings on the counter from an hour ago. Fruit flies everywhere. Not exaggerating, between 50-100. Where do they come from? Are they in fruit waiting to hatch?? Set up a couple fruit fly traps, but that was majorly gross.

-Same DCG pooped again during lunch. The gross, watery, sickly poop that has that "off" smell. I only realized it while I was carrying her. It had leaked all over her chair, her shorts, and my arms.

I need a shower.
KidGrind 03:25 PM 09-10-2014
Originally Posted by deliberateliterate:
Today:

-My dog had an allergic reaction to some post surgery medication I gave him this morning. Puked multiple times all over my carpet. Ran out of paper towels last night, so I had to use and toss dish towels!

-At the park, I thought DCG pooped (she's a notorious park pooper). I went to check, and it went all the way up to the top of her diaper, so I got it on my finger, under my nail.

-Got home from park, and realized I left some cantaloupe peelings on the counter from an hour ago. Fruit flies everywhere. Not exaggerating, between 50-100. Where do they come from? Are they in fruit waiting to hatch?? Set up a couple fruit fly traps, but that was majorly gross.

-Same DCG pooped again during lunch. The gross, watery, sickly poop that has that "off" smell. I only realized it while I was carrying her. It had leaked all over her chair, her shorts, and my arms.

I need a shower.

daycarediva 11:09 AM 09-11-2014
Today:

I need a shower.
What a sh*** day. I hope today is better!
jgcp 04:49 PM 09-12-2014
Why is it so hard to follow a contract/ policy and procedures?!?! DCM drops dcg off at 630 am and does not pick her up till 530 thats 11 hours in my care and the 3rd line in my policy says " care is not to exceed 10 hours a day" ( im pretty sure thats a state thing too? in Az.) Anyway she works just a street up at a school that doesnt start till 8 am and gets out at 3... so why such a long day i dont get it?? My SIL lives across our dirt road and we live next to a 2 lane highway she can see everything and told me yesterday that dcm pulls in from the other direction from where she works ( like shes going into town to run errands or something) then coming back later to pick up VERY VERY HIGH NEEDS 3 YR OLD the one that never stops talking from the time she gets here till she leaves, she even talks while eating, using the bathroom, until she finally passes out for nap then its non stop again.... its wearing on me to say the least.... Im ready to say something
Mister Sir Husband 05:12 PM 09-12-2014
Originally Posted by jgcp:
Why is it so hard to follow a contract/ policy and procedures?!?! DCM drops dcg off at 630 am and does not pick her up till 530 thats 11 hours in my care and the 3rd line in my policy says " care is not to exceed 10 hours a day" ( im pretty sure thats a state thing too? in Az.) Anyway she works just a street up at a school that doesnt start till 8 am and gets out at 3... so why such a long day i dont get it?? My SIL lives across our dirt road and we live next to a 2 lane highway she can see everything and told me yesterday that dcm pulls in from the other direction from where she works ( like shes going into town to run errands or something) then coming back later to pick up VERY VERY HIGH NEEDS 3 YR OLD the one that never stops talking from the time she gets here till she leaves, she even talks while eating, using the bathroom, until she finally passes out for nap then its non stop again.... its wearing on me to say the least.... Im ready to say something
Not only would I be ready to say something.. I prolly already would have. Either enforce the 10 hour rule, or late fees for an hour a day. Even at a modest 5 bucks every 15 min.. I'd take the extra hundred every week with a smile and a handshake
Play Care 06:05 AM 09-13-2014
My new dcp's are complaining about the paperwork that they have to deal with. They were with an unlicensed provider before me, and came to me so their child could go to preschool.
I can't help it, my licensor goes through all my kids files when she does her inspection and I was cited once because a parent didn't date their blue card, so...
Naptime yet? 07:23 AM 09-15-2014
Ahhhh, my darling DCM! Enjoy your week off! I don't know how your son would react at this point if he actually got to spend time with you! Enjoy your massage and pedicure! And don't even think about your kids, they're absolutely fine with me! That's what you pay me for, right???
jgcp 08:46 AM 09-16-2014
So I started watching a before/ after school boy and girl ( sibs) and my sil lives across from so she takes them to school along with her kids which is totally awesome since I don't have enough car seats buuuuut for the third time she calls me last min telling me she can't take them or needs them at the end of road NOW!!! even if she let me know 15-30 min before that would be great but no all last min and like I should I know and like she's totally put out! Time to figure it out cause I hate relying on ppl.....
Unregistered 09:26 AM 09-16-2014
Don't they have to be at school at a certain time? Why would you not know when they need to be ready,that's not her job unless she leaves at different times every day? Do the kids parents know who is transporting their kids? Is your sister-in-law being paid? I can see where her annoyance would be if she is doing it and not getting paid.
Naptime yet? 09:41 AM 09-16-2014
I am so p***ed at my princess dcm! She comes early this morning, claiming my dd got her sick. WTF??? Seriously? Because you spend 20 seconds with her, if that, in the mornings at drop-off?

I wish I could realllllyyyyy say what I was thinking! But I need the income .
daycarediva 11:05 AM 09-16-2014
Dcb woke up SCREAMING in the middle of nap today. He's 3, never happened before. Bad dream maybe? poor dude, but now all 6 kids are wide awake. It's going to be a looonnnggg night.
jgcp 08:43 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Don't they have to be at school at a certain time? Why would you not know when they need to be ready,that's not her job unless she leaves at different times every day? Do the kids parents know who is transporting their kids? Is your sister-in-law being paid? I can see where her annoyance would be if she is doing it and not getting paid.
They do have certain time to be at the road and obviously i know that and this is if she needs to go somewhere else like a dr appt and she wants to drop the kids off early which is fine but she waits till the last min to let me know and sounds put out?? ABSOLUTLY the parents know!! even signed a statement ( they live on our road and know her too) She offered to take them, i offer money all the time and she says NO because shes going anyway.I have to give the money to her husband ( in front of her) because she wont take it! I didnt make this all clear sorry so this is why IM frustrated. Its not like shes going completly out of her way she pulls out of her driveway and the kids are literally standing right there! then she drops off two of her own at the same school. Shes even waited till its 5 min till the kids go out to let me know that shes not taking her kids to school that morning cause they have dentist appts and i have to scramble to figure it out....
melilley 10:59 AM 09-18-2014
Grrr... One of my dcb's was dropped off later than his usual time, in his pj's with a sopping wet diaper. Dcm said he just woke up. It was 5 minutes past breakfast time so I didn't serve it to him because I already made it and it was over, but then felt bad and served snack early. He had crap on his face like always. Then dcm asked for another copy of the paperwork I had given her to fill out last week. SOooo I had to go waste my ink and paper to make her another copy because she can't get her crap together and sign papers right away.
Dcm has a 2 year old and 4 year old and she acts like she's always frazzled. It's so annoying! I wonder how I get paperwork and other things done with my own 2 kids and 4-5 daycare kids here.
Blackcat31 11:01 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Grrr... One of my dcb's was dropped off later than his usual time, in his pj's with a sopping wet diaper. Dcm said he just woke up. It was 5 minutes past breakfast time so I didn't serve it to him because I already made it and it was over, but then felt bad and served snack early. He had crap on his face like always. Then dcm asked for another copy of the paperwork I had given her to fill out last week. SOooo I had to go waste my ink and paper to make her another copy because she can't get her crap together and sign papers right away.
Dcm has a 2 year old and 4 year old and she acts like she's always frazzled. It's so annoying! I wonder how I get paperwork and other things done with my own 2 kids and 4-5 daycare kids here.
Stop printing it out yourself.

I e-mail it to the parents and let them either print it themselves or leave it on their PC's to view later.

If that isn't possible then print ONE copy and charge for replacements. I used to do that and charged $5 per replacement packet. It MORE than covered the ink/paper cost and made parents think twice before losing the first copy.
NightOwl 03:55 PM 09-18-2014
Oh sweet baby Jesus it has been a horrible day. Dcg 13m and dcb 19m have been so cranky, mad, upset, all.day.long. The only peace we had was during their very short nap times.

I was cleaning toys and have two of the ladybugs. Dcg wants the ladybug. I give her another IDENTICAL ladybug, but NO. It must be the one I am cleaning. I refuse. She screams. Rinse and repeat. All.day.long. with every little thing that doesn't go her way.

Vacation begins in 7 days. Idk if I'll make it.
CraftyMom 09:56 AM 09-19-2014
I have a new dcb 2 that lives on my street. Mom says he naps everyday from 12-2 or longer. Well he doesn't like to nap here, he's only here Tues and Thurs. Funny thing, I see him playing outside on the days he isn't here. It is 1:00 right now and I see him running around playing with dad. Explains why he protests nap time here
Silly Songs 08:47 AM 09-20-2014
Children yelling in the halls in our center while I have the kids doing a quiet activity. 3 jump up from the table to see what all the commotion is. Then everyone is talking and no longer on task. I want soun d proof walls !
deliberateliterate 06:29 AM 09-25-2014
I'm so grossed out. I only have 3dck, so I shouldn't complain. They all have colds and I'm so over dealing with wiping their boogers everywhere, drooling, putting their hands in their mouths. This is my home, and im so tired of feeling like its like a scene from Outbreak. One of the kids had a double barrelled runny nose for SIX MONTHS last winter. 100% I can't do that again.

I'm just done done done with daycare. I want out. I want grown ups. I want a desk and a computer. I want to be responsible for only my own bodily fluids. I'm so tired of little two yr olds fighting and screaming and being rotten to each other, even if it is age appropriate. I want to be around people that are considerate of other's feelings, that have a sense of personal space, that won't purposely steal someone else's stuff just because they are using it and then scream bloody murder when they don't get their way.

I've put resume after resume out and I've heard nothing. I'm feeling defeated, frustrated, bored and trapped.
Thegrayghost1966 11:00 AM 09-25-2014
I'm so grossed out. I only have 3dck, so I shouldn't complain. They all have colds and I'm so over dealing with wiping their boogers everywhere, drooling, putting their hands in their mouths. This is my home, and im so tired of feeling like its like a scene from Outbreak. One of the kids had a double barrelled runny nose for SIX MONTHS last winter. 100% I can't do that again.

I'm just done done done with daycare. I want out. I want grown ups. I want a desk and a computer. I want to be responsible for only my own bodily fluids. I'm so tired of little two yr olds fighting and screaming and being rotten to each other, even if it is age appropriate. I want to be around people that are considerate of other's feelings, that have a sense of personal space, that won't purposely steal someone else's stuff just because they are using it and then scream bloody murder when they don't get their way.

I've put resume after resume out and I've heard nothing. I'm feeling defeated, frustrated, bored and trapped.
Hang in there! I feel the same only I'm sick of poop! Sick of the smell, the explosions, using a hundred wipes to clean that nasty mess and the whole process! Something exciting will come along, I can feel it!
Thegrayghost1966 11:04 AM 09-25-2014
I will not open the door for you any earlier than 7:00. Yes, I was pissed this morning when you showed up before 7:00. You don't like to be left hanging with your classroom kids after school just like I don't like opening early!
Play Care 11:06 AM 09-25-2014
I am so sick of making meals. So. very. sick. of. it.
hsdcmama 11:23 AM 09-25-2014
Friends asking you to watch their kids on a daycare day until 9:00 at night... No! I've been up chasing kids since 6am, what makes you think I want to spend my free time doing it until late at night???? I just do not understand how people see me sometimes. I had another friend ask me, "So do you think you'll be doing this babysitting thing for a while, then?" *sigh* I am not a "babysitter", I am a Self-Employed Family Child Care Provider. How to make people see there is a difference?!
hsdcmama 11:26 AM 09-25-2014

Oh man I know what you mean. It would be so much easier to deal with if we at least got a *little* appreciation from the parents or the general public for everything we do. People just don't see it, we are the ones working behind the scenes.
Leigh 12:36 PM 09-25-2014
I am so sick of making meals. So. very. sick. of. it.
AMEN! I was thinking the other day about whether I could find someone to cater daycare meals (LAAAAAZY!). It's the worst part of my day.
deliberateliterate 04:33 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
AMEN! I was thinking the other day about whether I could find someone to cater daycare meals (LAAAAAZY!). It's the worst part of my day.
If you guys take care of my grouchy snotty DCKs, I'll plan, prep AND clean up your meals.
Naptime yet? 05:15 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by hsdcmama:
Oh man I know what you mean. It would be so much easier to deal with if we at least got a *little* appreciation from the parents or the general public for everything we do. People just don't see it, we are the ones working behind the scenes.
Not a vent, but when I went to the gyn last week, the ladies actually thanked me for being a family daycare provider, which I thought was funny, but nice.
Leigh 07:52 PM 09-25-2014
If you guys take care of my grouchy snotty DCKs, I'll plan, prep AND clean up your meals.
Wiping snot doesn't bother me, but I want to vomit if I find it on my wall or furniture. Once it leaves the child's face, I can no longer stomach it!
NightOwl 10:49 PM 09-25-2014

BAHAHAHA!!! Double barreled...
TwinKristi 02:33 AM 09-26-2014
Oh I'm laying in bed feeling like my throat is about to close shut! My throat hurts so bad I've been super vigilant about hand washing after wiping noses all week! I may need to be seen tomorrow if this continues. Ugh!!!
Play Care 03:20 AM 09-26-2014
Hmm, I think if I didn't have to bother with meals planning, prepping and cleaning, I could probably do the lockdown on your grouchy snotty kids and turn that around.

It's a deal!
deliberateliterate 10:50 AM 09-26-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Wiping snot doesn't bother me, but I want to vomit if I find it on my wall or furniture. Once it leaves the child's face, I can no longer stomach it!
The final straw that led to my initial vent was when I sat down at nap time on my couch, my arm touched something wet and then I saw it was a snot trail down the side of the arm. I've decided that my DCKs aren't allowed on my couch anymore.
momtomany74 11:13 AM 09-26-2014
Dear dcg please stop wiping your snotty nose on my couch!
hope 06:43 PM 09-29-2014
Dcm that has major issues understanding that she needs to pick up her child and go home every day instead of finding new excuses to stick around my home has left me speechless today. She walked in and asked "may I use your bathroom to poop?". Then after she went in to use the restroom she attempted to try to talk to me as she was on the toilet. I don't even have any words. I pretended not to hear her and she made a few more attempts at conversation and then gave up.
JoseyJo 10:32 AM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
Dcm that has major issues understanding that she needs to pick up her child and go home every day instead of finding new excuses to stick around my home has left me speechless today. She walked in and asked "may I use your bathroom to poop?". Then after she went in to use the restroom she attempted to try to talk to me as she was on the toilet. I don't even have any words. I pretended not to hear her and she made a few more attempts at conversation and then gave up.

hope 10:10 AM 10-02-2014
Dear dcm, thank you for putting your children to sleep at 6:30 every night. I really enjoy having no break because your baby won't nap. Your toddler loves laying around for quiet time for 2 hours because she can't sleep due to you closing to put her to bed so you can have some me time. Thank you for choosing to put your baby to sleep in a swing at home because I love listening to her scream as I attempt to get her to lay in a crib or play on the floor. Unlike you, I think it is her right to be able to breath properly and avoid death when sleeping. Oh but I know you need that precious me time and sleep training would only conflict with that time to yourself. Thank you for telling me that your child has a special request for breakfast each morning because I really do enjoy the fight I have with picky eaters.
daycare_jen 05:20 AM 10-03-2014
It's Friday. It's payment day for the week ahead... and I don't have a check from a certain dcf. My bets are that it is in school aged dcg's backpack. Because dcm and dcd can't be bothered to actually hand over the check to me themselves. They always give it to the dcg. Almost always she has it in her hands when she comes in. Sometimes she has it in her backback and dcm will say, "don't forget to give her the check." but there was no reminder given today and I really don't want to ask a 6 year old for my payment :/
Mister Sir Husband 05:26 AM 10-03-2014
Originally Posted by daycare_jen:
It's Friday. It's payment day for the week ahead... and I don't have a check from a certain dcf. My bets are that it is in school aged dcg's backpack. Because dcm and dcd can't be bothered to actually hand over the check to me themselves. They always give it to the dcg. Almost always she has it in her hands when she comes in. Sometimes she has it in her backback and dcm will say, "don't forget to give her the check." but there was no reminder given today and I really don't want to ask a 6 year old for my payment :/
I completely agree.. if parents are depending on a 6 year old to make sure their payment is on time, they more than deserve a late fee if dcg forgets.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27  ... Last
Reply Up