Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Alcohol/Tobacco Policy
CountryRoads 08:10 AM 04-15-2020
Need to add this policy to my handbook. I basically just need to say that no alcohol or tobacco is used during daycare hours.

This is what I've got:

No forms of tobacco or alcohol is used on the premises during operating hours.

For some reason, it sounds weird to me but I can't think of the right phrasing!

Help please!
Cat Herder 08:21 AM 04-15-2020
My state gives us a poster that states it is a misdemeanor for anyone to smoke on child care premises (required to be posted). I don't have anything posted that states anything about alcohol, though. It never occurred to me since we don't drink at all. We are milkshake and DQ blizzard people, instead.

https://decal.ga.gov/documents/attac...mokingSign.pdf

"No forms of tobacco or alcohol are used on the premises during operating hours" works, too, though..
CountryRoads 08:31 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
My state gives us a poster that states it is a misdemeanor for anyone to smoke on child care premises (required to be posted). I don't have anything posted that states anything about alcohol, though. It never occurred to me since we don't drink at all. We are milkshake and DQ blizzard people, instead.

https://decal.ga.gov/documents/attac...mokingSign.pdf

"No forms of tobacco or alcohol are used on the premises during operating hours" works, too, though..
Thanks!

My licensor made it sound like it's to inform parents that I don't smoke or drink during operating hours. Because then he said outside of daycare hours, I can do what I want
daycarediva 09:36 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Thanks!

My licensor made it sound like it's to inform parents that I don't smoke or drink during operating hours. Because then he said outside of daycare hours, I can do what I want
They handed out new regs here last year and the intent of the regulation is to prevent smoking and/or vaping AT ALL in the home.

I'm not a smoker, but my MIL vapes. I have completely separate spaces, but she visits my actual home during the day on occasion and I had to tell her not to do that during the day.
hwichlaz 06:26 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
They handed out new regs here last year and the intent of the regulation is to prevent smoking and/or vaping AT ALL in the home.

I'm not a smoker, but my MIL vapes. I have completely separate spaces, but she visits my actual home during the day on occasion and I had to tell her not to do that during the day.
Yeah, can't be in licensed areas at all ever... When my mom visits she sits at the picnic table in the dog yard to smoke, lol.
Tags:smoking
Reply Up