Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Policy for "Holding a Spot"
jenh171 01:33 PM 06-25-2010
My limit in my home child care is 5 children and so far, 3 of the five I have cared for work in the schools. It's been difficult the last 2 years to get through the summer, because two dropped down to p/t in the summer and one was VERY part time. I am losing 2 of my teachers, so I am thinking this would be a good time to start anew in having a policy in place for the families that wish to return in the fall. I'm trying to figure out what is a fair price to charge someone to hold their spot for the fall (such as a weeks payment for each month?) or to otherwise offer them the option of a minimum amount of hours in the summer. It's just difficult because I can only have five children. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
boysx5 04:03 PM 06-25-2010
I don't have that don't come in the summer but I could not afford to lose income in the summer so I would have to charge them full price to keep the spot I know some providers here do this and they seem to have it paid and hold the spot. I had one interview for a teacher and the husband got why I had to charge but she did not so the ended not taking the spot and here since we can only have two infants under two its important that they pay
Michael 05:15 PM 06-25-2010
Here is and earlier post on the subject: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13881
momma2girls 06:22 PM 06-25-2010
I have 3 teacher's children, and I ask only 2 weeks deposit for holding the spot for them to return in the Fall. I do try and put money away every week during the school yr. to make up for this!! It has been so nice, even without money!!!
Tags:holding spot, spots
Reply Up