Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question About Payment When Parents Are Separated....
MARSTELAC 04:26 PM 11-01-2010
One more silly question from me....I have a family with parents who live apart (but are married and may someday divorce before I croak)...Anyway, dcd likes to come to dc about 15 mins. before I start each day and hang out. He says he needs to get to work but sits here and wastes a good 15 minutes talking about nothing. I told parents I would give them 4 mornings a month where I won't charge them if they want to start before I am scheduled to open.
This started 11/1/2010. The dcd wants me to put his late fee on the week when he pays the bill (every other week). I bill weekly and don't want to hold his charges for the week he pays...I will get so confused. Do I have to do that? This family is such a pain. Most of my gripes are about them but I cannot afford to let them go, they are my highest paying family. Need you guys to give me your feedback. I really appreciate all of you!!!! (they switch custody every 2 days).
DCMomOf3 04:36 PM 11-01-2010
Can you pre-charge his late fees and on his next week modify the charge if it's not totally accurate? That way you get your money in a timely manner and mom is not expected to pay dads' fees.
MarinaVanessa 07:02 AM 11-02-2010
Any late fees etc are due immediately for me, not at the end of the week. Take sthe hassle out of everything else. If you drop-off early pay early, if you pick up late, pay at pick-up. No hassle, no drama.
Tags:payments, separated parents
Reply Up