Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ok, WWYD??
Breezy 01:58 PM 09-13-2012
As most of you know, I moving next month and I will be taking a long break from DC when we get to our new town across country. I have been looking for jobs to do so we won't be down my income and I had an interview today. It is for a work from home position for an appliance leasing company.

Interview went great and they will be making the decision tomorrow and giving me a call. They do not know I am moving yet and I will be telling them tomorrow if they give me a call back. I probably should have said something today but there is still a slight chance we will not be moving. The move could make or break the job anyhow as they may not be okay with me taking a little time off when I fly to Minnesota and then move to Grand Forks. Depending on how they do the work from home software, I very well can work with very little turn over time if I plan accordingly. But, we shall see.

Anyway, if they want to offer me a job and still want to offer me a job after I tell them I am moving next month, I then have to give notice to DCM. I let them know I needed two weeks to give notice which she was totally fine with.

I am just feeling bad because DCM knows we are leaving and I gave her an approximate date of last day of care which will be Oct 15th. She actually cried a few times since then when talking about us moving and how she doesn't want to find care and how she is going to make DCD find care this time (DCD lives in a different state and he and DCM are not even together).

She tells me every day she wishes we wouldn't move and wishes something will fall through. She also said that if she finds a spot for him and they need to move him right away to keep the spot then she may do that. So she could be gone in 2 weeks anyhow or not until we move pretty much.

So, I am pretty much thinking that they could pull him at any time anyway so why pass up what could be a good opportunity. Right?

DCB won't be here next week at all because his dad will be in town so if I do give notice say tomorrow, does next week count as part of the two weeks? Or do I have to make it 2 weeks of scheduled care?
Live and Learn 02:03 PM 09-13-2012
Good luck with the job.

Next week definitely counts as part of the two weeks. It might make it easier for her to find childcare next week without having to haul her son around to daycares in the evenings since the child will be with the father.
Country Kids 02:06 PM 09-13-2012
When is your last day scheduled for childcare?

I guess if I was in your shoes, I would definetly be saying the last day of this month would be it for childcare. That would give you time to pack/clean and get ready for the move.

If you didn't move when would you find that information out? I'm just afraid your going to do childcare till the last minute and then be a frazzled wreak trying to get everything done for the move.
e.j. 02:09 PM 09-13-2012
I would say next week counts. The two weeks is meant to give her time to look for child care which she can do next week whether her child is in your care or not. Good luck with your move. As much as dcm is hoping it all falls through, I hope things work out the way you'd like them to.
Breezy 02:17 PM 09-13-2012
We will find out for sure on Oct 2nd. Just a matter of whether or not DH passes his PT test because he failed the last one by 4 seconds on the run. He's been working his butt off though.

I don't need to pack as the military will do that for us and DS and I will actually be flying ahead the week of the 15th and DH and his dad and brother will stay and wrap stuff up here and a cleaner will come clean. But yes Country, I think I will be a wreak those last two weeks preparing everything else that needs preparing. I already am actually! I'm not even sure if I want to start a full time job before we move :/
cheerfuldom 03:05 PM 09-13-2012
Do what is best for your family, period. you cannot live your life and pass up opportunities passed on what is convenient for others. this mom will find another babysitter and life will go on.

not to sound jaded but I think sometimes moms like this make us providers really worry about transitions and feel that we mean more to the family than we actually do. I have had several parents cry and carry on about moves (on their part) or other transitions and then one week later when I have to contact them about something, they do not return phone calls or emails. The vast majority of families that move on to other childcare for whatever reason, never look back.
Nickel 03:08 PM 09-13-2012
I am willing to bet dcm hasnt even begun looking for care. So i would just go ahead and give her the two week notice. as for the new job i wouldnt tell them you are moving untip you actually have orders and a tmo date because before then everything is up in the air. Once you have everything finalized then request your time off and your change of address. as long as they are allowed to operate in the state you are moving to it shouldnt he a problem. If its something that you must be local eventho you work from home thrn you may not be ahle to. Kwim.

Either way good luck. You have bent.over backwqrds for dcm. Dont feel like you owe her anything else.
Reply Up