Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What to Wear on Halloween?
DaisyMamma 06:19 PM 10-07-2012
Do you dress up?
Any ideas on something comfortable, easy and inexpensive?
Breezy 06:31 PM 10-07-2012
Last year I wore all black and a witches hat!
DaisyMamma 06:40 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Last year I wore all black and a witches hat!
See, I KNEW you guys would have a perfect, cheap solution for me! THANK YOU!
busymomof2 06:47 PM 10-07-2012
Last year I was cat in the hat. Wore blacks sweats and bought a cheap hat and tail.

This year I am gonna be Thing 2. Bought a thing 2 shirt and wearing blue wig with black sweats.

or just wear a super hero cape.
DaisyMamma 06:51 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by busymomof2:
This year I am gonna be Thing 2. Bought a thing 2 shirt and wearing blue wig with black sweats.
cute idea!

You will be more comfortable if you buy blue hair dye/spray.
Crazy8 06:55 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by busymomof2:
Last year I was cat in the hat. Wore blacks sweats and bought a cheap hat and tail.

or just wear a super hero cape.
where did you get thing 2 shirt?? DD wants to be that with her friend for halloween this year.
Kaddidle Care 03:10 AM 10-08-2012
Make one! Michael's shirt $2.50 and black and white acrylic paint. (Or just white paint and sharpie marker)

Springdaze 04:56 AM 10-08-2012
I his year I havent dressed in years but this year I bought a pretty eye mask and I make tutus so maybe Ill wear one of those and maybe wings if I can get some at Chez Buck.
mom2many 09:40 AM 10-08-2012
I found a t shirt at Walmart the other day that says, "This Is My Grandma Costume!" Since my daughter just had her baby last week & made me a grandma for the first time, I thought it would be perfect!
iheartkids 11:27 AM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by mom2many:
I found a t shirt at Walmart the other day that says, "This Is My Grandma Costume!" Since my daughter just had her baby last week & made me a grandma for the first time, I thought it would be perfect!
:-) That is so cute! Congrats!
Blackcat31 11:46 AM 10-08-2012
A couple years ago my kids bought me a witch tee-shirt and I usually wear it on Halloween.

It says "Witch - (no costume required)"

but this last year, my DH bought this tee for me so I will probably wear this one this year.

"You can't scare me ~ I do daycare"
mema 11:51 AM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
A couple years ago my kids bought me a witch tee-shirt and I usually wear it on Halloween.

but this last year, my DH bought this tee for me so I will probably wear this one this year.

Haha! That's awesome!

I usually just wear an orange sweater with a black shirt underneath and jeans. I know. Real original. Just not to into dressing up
spud912 01:36 PM 10-08-2012
This year I will be a ghost (in a frayed greyish white dress). Last year I wore a banana costume. The kids really get a kick out of me dressing up. I'm sure this year will involve me chasing them around "moaning" like a ghost, but it sure makes everyone happy. What can I say...I'm a big kid at heart .
mom2many 02:07 PM 10-08-2012

LOVE IT! That's too cute!
NeedaVaca 03:55 PM 10-08-2012
One year I taped smarties (the candy) to my jeans. I was "Smarty Pants", however...kids kept walking by me and ripping them off my legs lol
crazydaycarelady 04:00 PM 10-08-2012
I have a cute Old Navy Halloween shirt I wear or an big red Elmo t-shirt I wear.
saved4always 04:36 PM 10-08-2012

I want one....lol!
saved4always 04:38 PM 10-08-2012
Usually I just wear my Halloween Old Navy shirt. This year I bought a bumble bee costume. I haven't dressed up in maybe 20 years so I hope the kids appreciate this.
Sunshine74 09:35 PM 10-08-2012
I always dress up, but I make sure my costume is in layers so I can end up in a basic t-shirt and pants/shorts if I get too hot or the costume seems like it is getting in the way. For example, I was a pirate, but could take off the jacket, hat, etc. This year I am going to be an owl.
daycare 10:55 PM 10-08-2012
Last year I dressed up as a cowgirl princess. Yeah I have hot pink glitter boots I had to put to use.

This year I'm still thinking. Maybe dorthy from wizard oz movie.
LK5kids 04:31 AM 10-14-2012
I'll just be wearing a Halloween T or sweatshirt. After years of dressing up I am taking the easy road.
heather kerkaert 09:38 AM 10-15-2012
i go as myself. that is scary enough. i dress my kids ups. and we go to neally evey house to gets lots of candy. then we go home i check the candy to make sure every thing is ok. then my kids go to bed. and mommy got to taste the candy b4 the do. i don 't let my kids ear sugar after 7pm if i do let them they won't go to bed.
originalkat 11:05 AM 10-15-2012
I usually wear a Halloween t-shirt and jeans.
Tags:halloween, halloween - ideas
Reply Up