Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap blankets
CraftyMom 11:11 AM 08-18-2014
I searched but was unsuccessful.

Anyone that has made nap blankets, what size do you make them?

I'm going color coded.

I'm thinking a yard of fleece should be good? The fleece comes 60 inches wide, so I'd get a yard and make a 36inch square. Then use the left overs for a pillow case.

Any other ideas?
JoseyJo 11:39 AM 08-18-2014
we made ours yard and a half long by a yard wide. That way they were long enough to last until kindergarten.
KidGrind 12:24 PM 08-18-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
I searched but was unsuccessful.

Anyone that has made nap blankets, what size do you make them?

I'm going color coded.

I'm thinking a yard of fleece should be good? The fleece comes 60 inches wide, so I'd get a yard and make a 36inch square. Then use the left overs for a pillow case.

Any other ideas?
I order my from a really lovely lady named Carol. I purchase all my sheets and blankets from her. I go color coded. If you want her info, I’ll PM it to you, let me know.

The blankets I ordered are made out of fleece.
Blackcat31 12:27 PM 08-18-2014
I made my own. I used fleece and tied the ends like those bigger tied blankets...like this:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=0

But I only used one piece of fleece and just tied the ends.

I bought the fleece from the fabric store as remnants rather than having them cut some. I wasn't picky about the prints and just picked ones that were gender neutral.

The kids love them! Mine are the size of maybe a receiving blanket. Not much bigger than that.
BrooklynM 01:30 PM 08-18-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I made my own. I used fleece and tied the ends like those bigger tied blankets...like this:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=0

But I only used one piece of fleece and just tied the ends.

I bought the fleece from the fabric store as remnants rather than having them cut some. I wasn't picky about the prints and just picked ones that were gender neutral.

The kids love them! Mine are the size of maybe a receiving blanket. Not much bigger than that.
Tie blankets are awesome for people like me that can't even sew a button! It makes me feel like I'm so accomplished since I make blankets!
MarinaVanessa 01:41 PM 08-18-2014
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
we made ours yard and a half long by a yard wide. That way they were long enough to last until kindergarten.
This is what I did, mine are fleece as well and match the child's cubby, plate etc.
CraftyMom 03:14 PM 08-18-2014
Thanks everyone, I want them to be long enough to cover them while sleeping, but small enough to fold/roll up so they don't take up too much room. A yard and a half sounds perfect!

I'm also making coordinating pillows and bags to keep them in
Reply Up