Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Hate Sleep Training
NillaWafers 11:37 AM 06-29-2016
My own children seem to be especially stubborn. My youngest is going to be 6 mo. next week so I'm trying to sleep train. He's been crying an hour. I could sleep train a million kids, but my own are always the hardest!
MarinaVanessa 05:09 PM 06-29-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
My own children seem to be especially stubborn. My youngest is going to be 6 mo. next week so I'm trying to sleep train. He's been crying an hour. I could sleep train a million kids, but my own are always the hardest!
I'm going to jump in here since there are currently no other comments. I hate sleep training too. It made me feel terrible 3 kids ago so I'll never do that again. I feel about sleep training the same way I feel about cry-it-out. I just can't. I'm sure it's just a difference in parenting and in child development philosophies so take all of this with a grain of salt. I just take babies lead when it comes to crying, sleep and feeding.
NillaWafers 05:24 PM 06-29-2016
I don't really do cry it out, but for my own kid he's just really used to sleeping on me or with me, I need to break the habit and know no other way than putting him in his crib and letting him cry. I come in every few minutes and put him binky back in his mouth. We did it twice today and he fell asleep after about an hour each time. I've done this with my two older kids, I know the result it worth it (just putting them down and they go to sleep, no crying), but it's hard!
KiwiKids 05:42 PM 06-29-2016
Hang in there! My oldest never tolerated it. My second cried awful the first two days and slept happy and woke up happy forever after. My third never needed it and is still my most independent one and my 4th I just put him down to sleep on his own every night before he transferred into bed with me to marathon nurse and then he went into his crib for naps because I had three older kids and two daycare kids to care for.... It is worth a try because some kids really do take to it wonderfully. It is a rough few days though!
Tags:sleep training
Reply Up