Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sleep Trouble
Unregistered 01:56 PM 02-28-2020
I have a family whose children (2 and 4) are in bed by 6pm each night. They have had this bedtime routine since they were both babies. They are here 8-5 every day. Mom has been mentioning that the 2 year old has been waking at 5 lately (last two weeks) instead of 6:30-7. Waking this early shows in his behavior as he has been crying a lot while here over little things and he usually is not a big crier. His naps during this time of early waking have gotten worse as well (I’m guessing because he is over tired by the time we get to nap). Nap time here is 12:45-3.
Is it possible he no longer needs as much sleep at night, so he is waking earlier, but then has a tougher time making it to nap time because he is waking so early?
rosieteddy 02:23 PM 02-28-2020
I think 6 is to early for bed.They barely get home and eat when they are put to bed.Mom needs to push it out at least till 7.
Blackcat31 02:43 PM 02-28-2020
Yikes that isn't very much face time with their parents at all. Poor kiddos. Maybe the crying and behavior changes are due to lack of quality time with the parent.
I also agree that, 6 is an extremely early bed time.
Ariana 07:51 PM 02-28-2020
7 was the earliest my kids went to bed when they napped. I think my youngest would ask to go to bed at 6 when she started skipping her nap occasionally at 4 yrs old.

I would suggest a 7:30pm bedtime and see what happens. I had a 21 month old here who woke at 5am routinely because parents put her to bed at 6pm. She was here from 7-5pm. I would have to give her a nap in the morning to get her to lunch. It was a mess and I terminated.
AmyKidsCo 01:24 PM 03-03-2020
I agree that 6 is too early a bedtime for their schedule. I used to put our 4 yr old to bed at 6:30, but we got up at 6 and he was in daycare by 7.

It amazes me how many parents pick up at 5 and put their kids to bed by 6. Don't they want to spend time with their kids??
Tags:early bedtime
Reply Up