Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Questions About a New Baby
My Daycare 07:44 AM 11-18-2010
I am meeting with some parents for second (enrollment) interview to sign paperwork and to get to know the baby. What questions do you ask pertaining to the baby (3 mo)?
DaycareMama 07:57 AM 11-18-2010
babies sleep schedule, temperment, feeding schedule, how mom and dad sooth the baby when he/she is upset. Do they use any baby products when changing the baby?
Live and Learn 08:14 AM 11-18-2010
Ask if they have a good back up network in case baby gets sick. grandma, neighbor, friend, sister, whatever.
Blackcat31 08:17 AM 11-18-2010
Don't forget the whole "please don't hold your child ALL day, because I can NOT do that for them" info. I hate when I get a new infant and the dcm's and dcd's hold them EVERY minute they have them and then expect you to be able to do the same.....makes it hard on us and the baby....just not the parents.
My Daycare 01:07 PM 11-18-2010
Thanks, I wrote it all down!
care-care 05:18 AM 11-19-2010
How about please lets teach this baby to sleep in a bed.. lol I have a baby who only sleeps in swing. and dont hold them during there naps becuz I cant hold during naps daily!
Lianne 05:26 AM 11-19-2010
Questions are great but people, especially first time parents, often tell you what they want to have happen or how they want to parent. A lot of times their expectations of themselves and others caring for their child are set high but they then flounder when reality sets in. They often tell you one thing, the thing they want to have happen but then end up parenting totally different and often doing what's easiest. They don't do this to be deceitful but out of inexperience. So, watch their body language, observe how THEY interact with the child, how they soothe him/her, feed, etc. while at the same time listening to their answers to your questions.
My Daycare 12:28 PM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by cvankampen:
How about please lets teach this baby to sleep in a bed.. lol I have a baby who only sleeps in swing. and dont hold them during there naps becuz I cant hold during naps daily!
Oh! I hope the baby sleeps in a bed. Here we are not allowed to let a baby sleep in a swing.
My Daycare 12:29 PM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by Lianne:
Questions are great but people, especially first time parents, often tell you what they want to have happen or how they want to parent. A lot of times their expectations of themselves and others caring for their child are set high but they then flounder when reality sets in. They often tell you one thing, the thing they want to have happen but then end up parenting totally different and often doing what's easiest. They don't do this to be deceitful but out of inexperience. So, watch their body language, observe how THEY interact with the child, how they soothe him/her, feed, etc. while at the same time listening to their answers to your questions.

I can totally see that. Ty!
care-care 08:04 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by My Daycare:
Oh! I hope the baby sleeps in a bed. Here we are not allowed to let a baby sleep in a swing.
Either are we unless you have a drs note.. so I got a drs note so I dont get in trouble on the chance he is sleeping in swing or bouncy when they would come by. He will out grow it and then we will have a battle . I try to lay him in pnp alittle so he gets used to it
Tags:interview
Reply Up