Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>St. Patty's Day?
kendallina 05:33 PM 03-15-2015
Does anyone here do anything for St. Patty's Day? I never have, but I would like to.
Unregistered 05:59 PM 03-15-2015
We make themed crafts all month and have corned beef and cabbage on Tuesday. 😊
originalkat 07:02 PM 03-15-2015
I have everyone wear green, give them a green necklace when they arrive, play St. Pattys day games and read stories, and follow a green trail that the leprechaun left us. At the end of the trail are some gold chocolate coins for each child. We also have everyone sign up to bring treats for a party.
Unregistered 07:05 PM 03-15-2015
Our milk magically turns green, and the kids wake up from nap with green bows clipped in their hair or on their shirt. And we draw shamrocks by making 3 circles close together & adding a stem.
kendallina 07:08 PM 03-15-2015
Such cute ideas! Keep them coming!
Unregistered 07:10 PM 03-15-2015
We always have a leprechaun, who leaves a trail of clues in the form of poems from one place to the next and ends up at his leprechaun hat--usually contains gold coins and new, inexpensive, outdoor things like bubbles and sidewalk chalk. (It's also a yay-Spring-kind-of-thing.)
Josiegirl 02:32 AM 03-16-2015
Wow, these cute ideas make me feel terrible. I do a craft or art project with the dcks but that's it. I just don't get into the whole St. Patrick's Day thing I guess.
LysesKids 03:03 AM 03-16-2015
I make Irish Cottage pie instead of Corned beef & cabbage and all my littles get oversized green necklaces to wear or play with; I buy a cheap bouquet of flowers weekly to brighten up the counter & this week it's green & white with a few sparkly twirls (glitter sticks) stuck in for good measure. I read a book to them that matches the the theme day too - all my kids are now under 18 months... oldest aged out last Friday.
Unregistered 04:21 AM 03-16-2015
We are making a leprechaun trap, tomorrow the leprechaun will turn their milk green, bring lucky charms for a treat and hide gold coins all through the living room for a hold hunt! It's also wear green or dress in rainbow day.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:15 AM 03-16-2015
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5575468&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5575468&type=3

I haven't decided what I am going to do tomorrow.
AmyKidsCo 09:29 AM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Wow, these cute ideas make me feel terrible. I do a craft or art project with the dcks but that's it. I just don't get into the whole St. Patrick's Day thing I guess.
Me neither. I think it's a hard concept for the children to understand, unlike Valentine's Day where we can talk about friendship and love. Instead of St. Patrick's Day I do "Green Day" - we wear green clothes and eat green foods, etc. I do monthly themes so all March is about green this year. Last year I did rainbows.
Reply Up