Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Biting
Core12 10:54 AM 03-13-2018
Today an 18 month old bit a 23 month old on the back ( they are cousins) I didn’t actually see it happen but I’m certain of who the biter is Bc later after I picked up a child he also bit me on the neck! I texted the mother apologizing that her son was bitten by another child, texted a pic and her response was...Her sister n law told her that it was her nephew. I said yes. That’s all she said. I feel like I’m constantly kissing this ladies butt and it’s always over dumb reasons. I guess I just expected her to say, “it’s ok” but this lady already thinks we have too many kids (7) that I watch with my mom in our licensed daycare. I was upfront in the interview and explained we wanted to be at full capacity...she is really going to have an attitude in a couple of weeks after we get two more kids!
Blackcat31 12:01 PM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by Core12:
Today an 18 month old bit a 23 month old on the back ( they are cousins) I didn’t actually see it happen but I’m certain of who the biter is Bc later after I picked up a child he also bit me on the neck! I texted the mother apologizing that her son was bitten by another child, texted a pic and her response was...Her sister n law told her that it was her nephew. I said yes.
Next time reply with "Due to confidentiality, I am not at liberty to discuss which child it was but I definitely wanted you to know Johnny got bit today"

If she replies with something along the lines of her SIL this or that, just repeat..."Due to confidentiality, I can't discuss the other child with you; NO MATTER the relationship. I'll have an ouch report ready for your signature at pick up."

Just deflect her attempt to discuss anything other than HER child being bitten. Don't even acknowledge SIL telling her anything....just keep repeating "Due to confidentiality..."

Originally Posted by Core12:
I feel like I’m constantly kissing this ladies butt and it’s always over dumb reasons. I guess I just expected her to say, “it’s ok” but this lady already thinks we have too many kids (7) that I watch with my mom in our licensed daycare. I was upfront in the interview and explained we wanted to be at full capacity...she is really going to have an attitude in a couple of weeks after we get two more kids!
IF at any time she wants to discuss how many kids you have/don't have reply with something like

DCM: "Oh, you are enrolling another child?"

You: "I am in the business of enrolling kids that need care services"

DCM: "But you already have so many kids"

You: "If you plan to submit your notice of withdrawal, please make sure it's in writing and provided 2 weeks prior to the last day you need care services"

ANY comment she makes about enrolling kids just reply with "So you're saying you will be giving notice then?"

Don't engage in conversation about it (it's not her business as long as you are in ratios and not over capacity) and don't explain why you are or aren't doing anything in regards to enrollment. It's not her business.

The ONLY thing she needs to discuss or have a conversation about is HER child and HER child ONLY.

The rest is none of her business.

After a while you'll get really good at deflecting this type of parent. The topic they want to discuss is usually just a cover for them to be nosey and in charge. It's YOUR business...don't let her run your show.
Core12 12:27 PM 03-13-2018
Thanks!
LostMyMarbles 02:12 PM 03-13-2018
We have x amount of spots open. We are filling two more. If you feel like that is too many kids and would like to pay for those two spots , we won't take them.

Oh what a dream that would be...not likely but a girl can dream. Take 2, loose one. You are still ahead.
Tags:biting, biting in daycare
Reply Up