Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is It Okay to Leave A One Year Old in A Highchair by Themselves?
Unregistered 05:01 PM 08-16-2019
Every time I walk by the infant room, I see a one year old (he can't walk yet so he's still in there.) in the highchair. No one is next to him. The teacher can see him but she's in the room. The kid is by the kitchen area. idk.

I'm the lady who worked at the daycare with the cursing teacher. I reported this to cps along with some other things. I wanna know if this was worth reporting? I plan to email them and tell them I quit tomorrow. I'm super nervous though and feel bad because they just got me a cubby. :/ idk, i feel bad over the stupidest things.
springv 05:42 PM 08-16-2019
No it's not crazy to report it
Unregistered 06:28 PM 08-16-2019
Where I am theyre not allowed to be in a highchair unless theyre eating. Are you going by at different times of day?
Unregistered 07:42 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Where I am theyre not allowed to be in a highchair unless theyre eating. Are you going by at different times of day?
He usually has a sippy cup not sure if he's eating. I'm not sure about the time, but on like three different days I'd walk to the bathroom and the same kid is in the high chair. Basically, they have a room. And next to the room is a kitchen area thing. There is no door between the room and kitchen so the teacher can poke her head around and see him or, she can sit on the bench in there and see him but she is no where near him. From what I can tell, no one is in the kitchen area with him.
Cat Herder 06:00 AM 08-17-2019
It is an old school "bad practice" way of not having to discipline this child. More than likely he has a parent who is more drama than the child (bumps, bruises, scratches), a biter or an employee's kid so they don't want him to cry.

The fact that it is allowed and very "known" is a sign of poor management.

High chairs should be used no more than 20 minutes at a time. Tops.
hwichlaz 01:50 PM 08-20-2019
You said his teacher can see him. He's not alone.

That's how my littles eat. I can't stand right next to them. I'm cooking and serving and refilling drinks etc.
Cat Herder 01:57 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
You said his teacher can see him. He's not alone.

That's how my littles eat. I can't stand right next to them. I'm cooking and serving and refilling drinks etc.
This was continuous. Majority of the day. I believe she has quit, now.
Tags:biting in daycare, center brats, child safety, employee child, high chair, one year old
Reply Up