Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Accidents at School
wdmmom 07:42 PM 11-07-2011
Around noon today I got a phone call from the school nurse. (You know...the one where she tells you she has your child in her office.) Much to my surprise, she wasn't calling because of illness. She was calling because my daughter got hurt while at recess. (This isn't the first time either.)

I can hear her sobbing in the background, which leads me to believe the injuries are more substancial than what the nurse is leading up to.

The nurse tells me that my daughter "fell" while at recess and hit her mouth losing a tooth. (No big deal...it was loose anyway.)

What she didn't tell me was that she fell on cement. She had concrete burn from her nose, clear down to her chin! She has 2 fat lips AND she broke her permanent tooth in half!

Now normally I'm not the type of mom to go lashing out at the school but when I asked the nurse what happened...of course the supervisors didn't see anything and they have no idea. My daughter says she was pushed by a boy in another class yet "no one" seen it.

I'm looking at up to $1,000 in dental work that won't be covered because she has met her maximum benefit already and with having our garage catch fire 2 weeks ago, we really can't afford this!

I'm so irritated with the school for not providing the supervision they should have, for them not having answers, and for the school nurse not giving me the truth about the extent of her injuries!

I understand kids will be kids but at the same time, I don't hear about this type of thing happening to other kids. This is the 2nd time in 1 year that she has been pushed and got some type of facial injury...this injury being far more severe.

What would you do?
Tags:accidents, injury
Up