Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Did that really just happen? wow!
DaisyMamma 05:52 AM 08-21-2014
DCM dropping off. Tells me she was driving here and discovered carseat wasn't buckled when it fell over! So she pulled over and didn't want to bother unhooking the kid so she just set the seat upright. Of course it fell over again and so all she did was put it upright again
Then she tells me dck had cookies for breakfast.
And as she was leaving dck cried so she gave him a binky, which he isn't allowed during the day here since he is 4!

THEIR LAST DAY IS TOMORROW!
Blackcat31 06:01 AM 08-21-2014
Yeah, nothing like strapping an extra 30 lbs to your kid so if they happen to fly through the front windshield in an accident they'll fly farther.

Sometimes I wonder.

Too bad "sometimes" is becoming "most times"
Angelsj 06:07 AM 08-21-2014
We had that happen once with one of my own kiddos. Scary to look back and see them tipped over.
Of course, we pulled over and fixed it!! Can't imagine just tipping it back up and going on????!!!
Angelsj 06:07 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yeah, nothing like strapping an extra 30 lbs to your kid so if they happen to fly through the front windshield in an accident they'll fly farther.

Sometimes I wonder.

Too bad "sometimes" is becoming "most times"
So true!
drseuss 06:08 AM 08-21-2014
Wouldn't you *think* the human race would be naturally advancing?
Blackcat31 06:13 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by drseuss:
Wouldn't you *think* the human race would be naturally advancing?
If society allowed for natural consequences rather than sugar coating and rearranging the world to accommodate those who don't quite "get it" the human race WOULD be naturally advancing.....

But the second someone re-worked Charles Darwins theory of natural selection and survival, the human race started heading in the other direction.
CraftyMom 06:15 AM 08-21-2014
That happened to me just a few weeks ago with my 3yo! I don't know how the seat belt got unbuckled, but for some reason I noticed it in my rear view as I was driving and pulled over right away, we were still on our street, thankfully I noticed it. I can't imagine not fixing it!

I guess mom's thought was "at least he was in his car seat". But if the seat isn't attached to anything then he's better off not in it!
ImFromTheStars 06:19 AM 08-21-2014
Oh my I've got a parent who brings his kids STARVING every morning... But he claims they didn't want to eat. They get here at 9 am. Breakfast is over at 8:30. His poor son has been wearing the same exact shorts and shirt every day for the past 4 days :/ today is their last day too
Heidi 06:25 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by ImFromTheStars:
Oh my I've got a parent who brings his kids STARVING every morning... But he claims they didn't want to eat. They get here at 9 am. Breakfast is over at 8:30. His poor son has been wearing the same exact shorts and shirt every day for the past 4 days :/ today is their last day too
Dang! Is this the same kid that raiding your refrigerator and cabinets? Maybe he gets a lot of "you can eat at Miss IFTS's house".
KiddieCahoots 06:28 AM 08-21-2014
It's interesting how when you have clients leaving your care, that's when they decide to let it all hang out, and reveal their true selves to us.
Sadly....the shock factor has dulled for me over the years.
Cat Herder 06:29 AM 08-21-2014
If society allowed for natural consequences rather than sugar coating and rearranging the world to accommodate those who don't quite "get it" the human race WOULD be naturally advancing.....
Political correctness has killed societies best civil enforcer. Public Shaming.

10 years ago that Mom would have been in tears at the thought of someone judging her for that. She would have judged herself for that. She would have learned from it, and set a plan in place to ensure it never happened again.

Now she blatantly dares you to judge her for that, even finds it a source of bonding with other half-a'ed Mothers when she laughingly tells the story. Her friends will one up her with their stories of irresponsible horror.

Hurling to Idiocracy.

Oh, In my humble opinion, of course. (**all opinions expressed here are my own and worth what you paid for it. Take what you want, ignore the rest.** )
Angelsj 07:06 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Political correctness has killed societies best civil enforcer. Public Shaming.

10 years ago that Mom would have been in tears at the thought of someone judging her for that. She would have judged herself for that. She would have learned from it, and set a plan in place to ensure it never happened again.

Now she blatantly dares you to judge her for that, even finds it a source of bonding with other half-a'ed Mothers when she laughingly tells the story. Her friends will one up her with their stories of irresponsible horror.

Hurling to Idiocracy.

Oh, In my humble opinion, of course. (**all opinions expressed here are my own and worth what you paid for it. Take what you want, ignore the rest.** )
Right?? I work on the weekends with a group of young women, 18-28 or so. One has five kids and is pregnant. She asks if I have room for her 4yo dd on the weekdays. Maybe, except I have overheard you on several occasions now, bragging about how you don't pay your bills. Um, no. I will pass.
Cat Herder 07:17 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
Right?? I work on the weekends with a group of young women, 18-28 or so. One has five kids and is pregnant. She asks if I have room for her 4yo dd on the weekdays. Maybe, except I have overheard you on several occasions now, bragging about how you don't pay your bills. Um, no. I will pass.
I really don't get it. I would be so humiliated to have a late bill much less ever tell anyone about it (other than DH, of course).

I am probably over simplifying.. but safety and personal accountability are both a big deal to me...

Shaming and Judging may not even be the right words for it. I simply don't have better ones to explain my though process on this...

My $limited$ education (public safety) uses the term "jury of peers" to explain this concept. Maybe it works here, too.
Baby Beluga 07:17 AM 08-21-2014
There was a child who passed away a couple of month's ago in my state because of this. Mom and Dad would always strap him in his car seat...but the seat was not actually installed in the car. They were in an accident; child and car seat flew out the windshield and he died.
Josiegirl 11:02 AM 08-21-2014
I had a dcbaby years ago, the dcm was going to Virginia on vacation with her dh and dd. That's 5 states away. This dcm was a doctor, been through med school, supposedly smart. She carried her dd in the front seat with her because her baby didn't like to be in her carseat, she cried. When she told me that, I just gave her a look. She said 'oh don't worry, if anything had happened to dd I would've never forgiven myself.' Like that makes it all okay?

She's the same dcm who asked if I'd be going back home one afternoon to care for her dd. This was when she came into the ER while I was sitting with my severely dehydrated 18 month old because she had caught bronchiolitis from HER dd.

Some people are just plain stupid.
daycarediva 11:16 AM 08-21-2014

But the second someone re-worked Charles Darwins theory of natural selection and survival, the human race started heading in the other direction.

Angelsj 11:30 AM 08-21-2014

How does that saying go? Remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
AmyKidsCo 11:59 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
How does that saying go? Remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Reply Up