Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Financially and Time-Wise, when is the best time for a meet-up?
November 3 37.50%
December 0 0%
January 4 50.00%
February 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>California Girls Meet-up
Crystal 12:50 PM 10-09-2012
So, when do you all want to meet up? I am posting the general month, and then we can pinpoint an exact date.

Although I am looking forward to getting together soon, I realize that the holidays may make financial and time constraints difficult for some, so opened the option of waiting until the new year. We could even do it more than once if we have enough interest for more than one month!

I talked to hubby and he is willing to take a trip with my son for whatever we weekend we decide. So, anyone coming from the airport or out of town is welcome to stay the night at my place! I figure we can check out a couple of local venues if interested and then come back to my place for drinks, getting to know each other, movies, whatever floats our boats!
mom2many 01:05 PM 10-09-2012
I voted for November, but both January & February would also be good! December always gets too crazy for me...even though my calendar is wide open right now! Thanks for doing this! I think it will be a lot of fun!!!
bluemoose_mom 01:17 PM 10-09-2012
This idea almost makes me want to live in Cali.

I could never put up with your guy's rules and regulations.

Like I said, almost.

Have fun though!
My3cents 02:20 PM 10-09-2012
I voted January. Hustle and bustle of the Holidays seems like January would be a good time.

I would not be able to attend but I would love to view or join in somehow I suppose.
daycare 09:28 PM 10-09-2012
month does not really matter to me it would matter more on the day. Hubby just started new job and only has Sundays off......so I could go any month, but it would have to be on a sunday afternoon
Michelle 06:33 AM 10-10-2012
yea, I am glad that we are trying this again.
Is this for Northern California girls?
What airport are you talking about?
I am available for January or Feb. if I have to travel. November is fine if it's in socal.
Crystal 07:39 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I voted January. Hustle and bustle of the Holidays seems like January would be a good time.

I would not be able to attend but I would love to view or join in somehow I suppose.
When we get ready, I will send you my address or email and you can send us a picture of you. I will set up webcam and we will bring you to our party!

I also have access to mywebmeeting through school, so I could set up a web meeting and we can hear and see each other!
Crystal 07:41 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
month does not really matter to me it would matter more on the day. Hubby just started new job and only has Sundays off......so I could go any month, but it would have to be on a sunday afternoon
I'd like to make it for the whole weekend since hubby is going to be gone, so Sunday will def. be part of it
Crystal 07:42 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by Michelle:
yea, I am glad that we are trying this again.
Is this for Northern California girls?
What airport are you talking about?
I am available for January or Feb. if I have to travel. November is fine if it's in socal.
This is for any member who wants to come, so if you don't mind traveling, then you are more than welcome to come!

The airport would be sacramento metro. I am about 20 minutes form ther, so I can easily pick anyone up who travels
Crystal 08:04 PM 10-14-2012
Okay....looks like a tie for November and January. I am down with hostessing both months, if the details can be worked out.

I am currently in disussion with hubby about him and dcs taking a trip on the weekend of November 10th. I will let you all know. Let me know if that weekend will work for you!

I will also place a poll for topics to discuss for our mini-workshop.

Everyone is welcome to spend the night here, I have plenty of sleeping bags and pillows!

If you are coming via airplane, post it here and try to arrange with others who are flying to arrive near the same time and I can pick you up.

If you have ideas for fun stuff to do, post it here!

This is gonna be FUN!
DaisyMamma 05:13 AM 10-15-2012
I'm jealous!!
Have fun ladies!!
mom2many 09:44 AM 10-15-2012
I checked my calendar and that weekend is good for me!
Crystal 10:19 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by mom2many:
I checked my calendar and that weekend is good for me!
WooHoo!
familyschoolcare 05:21 PM 10-15-2012
That is Veterans Day weekend, making it no good for me.
busymomof2 05:58 PM 10-15-2012
I can do either November or December. I'm coming from Fresno which is about 3 hours away so I will be driving. Do any of you scrapbook? There is a great store Green Tangerine that has group crops...just a suggestion.
Lucy 06:00 PM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by Crystal:
This is for any member who wants to come, so if you don't mind traveling, then you are more than welcome to come!

The airport would be sacramento metro. I am about 20 minutes form ther, so I can easily pick anyone up who travels
Are you near UC Davis? My nephew is a freshman there, and Mom and I were talking about taking a trip down there one weekend.
mom2many 07:55 PM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by busymomof2:
I can do either November or December. I'm coming from Fresno which is about 3 hours away so I will be driving. Do any of you scrapbook? There is a great store Green Tangerine that has group crops...just a suggestion.
I LOVE to scrapbook! I haven't had time for awhile, but it's something I would definitely enjoy!

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone! No matter what we decide to do, it will be a lot of fun getting together!
mom2many 07:56 PM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by Lucy:
Are you near UC Davis? My nephew is a freshman there, and Mom and I were talking about taking a trip down there one weekend.
It would be great to meet you Lucy!
Crystal 07:26 AM 10-16-2012
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
That is Veterans Day weekend, making it no good for me.
Ugh. Novemebr is a hard one for me because I have school two weekends and Thanksgiving one weekend, so Veteran's Day weekend is the only one I have available. But, now that you mentioned that, (I forgot) I better talk to hubby about it more! He MIGHT want to do something.
Crystal 07:27 AM 10-16-2012
I drive through Fresno often....My parents live in Strathmore.....just past Tulare.
Crystal 07:28 AM 10-16-2012
We are bout 35-45 minutes form UCD. My daughter was going to go there but ended up choosig UC Santa Cruz instead. UCD is a GREAT school.
MarinaVanessa 08:58 AM 10-17-2012
Oh how fun for you ladies ... Sacramento is a long treck for me and theres no way the hubs would let me take off for a whole weekend ... driving there and back for a day is also out of the question for me however I'd also like to see pics of the meet-up . How exciting!! I'm glad you ladies are doing it!!
Crystal 07:13 AM 10-18-2012
So, IT'S ON!!!!! Hubby and son made plans for Novemebr 10th!

Who can and will come that weekend?
mom2many 07:55 AM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by Crystal:
So, IT'S ON!!!!! Hubby and son made plans for Novemebr 10th!

Who can and will come that weekend?
I will be there!

If anyone wants to car pool and lives in the Bay Area let me know... I live in San Jose.
Crystal 07:58 AM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by mom2many:
I will be there!

If anyone wants to car pool and lives in the Bay Area let me know... I live in San Jose.
Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crystal 06:46 AM 10-22-2012
Hey ladies....bumping this up. I will be "gone" for the next few days as I work on a literature review for school, but wanted to let you all know that this is still on for Nov. 10-11. Mom2Many and I have been in touch and are excited about the weekend! If anyone else plans on attending, please let us know here!

"See" ya here in a few days
Crystal 06:32 PM 10-22-2012
Well? Do you think you can make it? We would love to meet you and your Mom!!!
Crystal 06:33 PM 10-22-2012
Can you make it that weekend? I would love to meet you!
Crystal 06:39 PM 10-22-2012
So, provided the weather is good, I was thinking we can make a trip (about an hour from me) to Apple Hill on Sunday. They have several apple farms to visit with vendors, wine tasting, etc. If the weather doesn't pan out, I will come up with an alternate idea.

Saturday I was thinking dinner out.....I have some favorite restaraunts and am open to pretty much any fare. After dinner we can come back to my place for drinks and discussion.

Oh, I was thinking too, on Saturday, we could go to RAFT....resource area for teachers. It is all donated stuff from various companies and you can literally get bags of stuff for art/scinece/math etc. for a buck. There are also premade kits for up to 20 children (some less) for like $2. This is the link to their site:

http://www.raftsac.org/

Let me know what you think!
mom2many 11:03 PM 10-22-2012
Sounds great to me! I have heard about Apple Hill and would love to go there! I have friends who rave about it and have been wanting to go myself! Hopefully the weather will cooperate!!!! That would be fun!

I'm totally looking forward to this weekend and hope we can get a group together for dinner out Saturday night and a chance to visit with everyone!

Raft sounds like a great thing to check out too!

Thanks Crystal for organizing this! It will be fun to meet other providers and I'm really excited!
Tags:forum members, meet up, poll
Reply Up