Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice on What to Charge for a Couple Extra Hours
Crazy Baby 03:20 PM 06-16-2015
So I am currently charging a DCF a $310 biweekly rate. They come 4 days a week (sometimes not Fridays and I take off $38.75 a day for those). I was recently asked if I can take the kid an hour earlier 2 days per week. I agreed but did not talk about charging more for it. Should I charge them the extra 5 dollars per hour or just keep the rate the same?

I have a set rate for full time kids but I do alter it a little depending on if they come less than 40 hours. This particular client is pretty nickle and dimey so is always questioning my billing.
rosieteddy 10:13 AM 06-17-2015
I would charge the 5 doller rate.If you give it for nothing it will be your new normal drop off . Parents typically take what they can .
Blackcat31 10:16 AM 06-17-2015
Originally Posted by Crazy Baby:
So I am currently charging a DCF a $310 biweekly rate. They come 4 days a week (sometimes not Fridays and I take off $38.75 a day for those). I was recently asked if I can take the kid an hour earlier 2 days per week. I agreed but did not talk about charging more for it. Should I charge them the extra 5 dollars per hour or just keep the rate the same?

I have a set rate for full time kids but I do alter it a little depending on if they come less than 40 hours. This particular client is pretty nickle and dimey so is always questioning my billing.
Whenever you are asked to work more you should charge more.

There is no job in this world that does not pay more if you are required to work more (other than salaried positions) so if the DCF is asking for an earlier drop off to go to work earlier, odds are they are making more for this additional time.

Why shouldn't you?
Reply Up