Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview is going to no show
Thriftylady 10:17 AM 08-24-2015
I had an interview at 1 PM. It is about 1:20. Can't say it breaks my heart, mom only wants one day a week and has already tried to get me down on price. I told her we would talk about it at interview because I wanted time to think. I don't have any daytime kids right now, so if she isn't here at 1:30 and go to town, the playroom needs a new ceiling fan. Is half hour a long enough window?
LysesKids 10:24 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I had an interview at 1 PM. It is about 1:20. Can't say it breaks my heart, mom only wants one day a week and has already tried to get me down on price. I told her we would talk about it at interview because I wanted time to think. I don't have any daytime kids right now, so if she isn't here at 1:30 and go to town, the playroom needs a new ceiling fan. Is half hour a long enough window?
Heck yeah... Leave; I would put a note on the door stating that you left after 30 minutes because she was a no show. She obviously doesn't respect you or your time.

For me one day a week is considered Drop-in care and I always charge more for it, but then I don't lock them into a contract either. Gives me an out if I need the spot for a PT/FT - of course draw back is if they give at least 12 hrs notice they can cancel without being charged
e.j. 11:45 AM 08-24-2015
A half hour is plenty of time to give someone. I'm amazed at how many parents fail to show up for scheduled interviews these days. I never used to have that problem when I first stated. Now it seems to be the norm rather than the exception.
Baby Beluga 12:40 PM 08-24-2015
More then enough. I give no more then 15 - 20 minutes and they better have a very valid excuse.
littletots 12:47 PM 08-24-2015
They'll no show and call a week later. Nope.
Thriftylady 02:28 PM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by littletots:
They'll no show and call a week later. Nope.
See a year ago I would reschedule. But I have found they just no show again and now I don't anymore.
grateday 02:38 PM 08-24-2015
See a year ago I would reschedule. But I have found they just no show again and now I don't anymore.
Yep, I am understanding that now even with things not related to daycare. The people that cancel frequently, or just dont show up.......

You don't want em anyway
Thriftylady 02:43 PM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by grateday:
Yep, I am understanding that now even with things not related to daycare. The people that cancel frequently, or just dont show up.......

You don't want em anyway
You are right about the rescheduling also. My DCM I just turned, kept changing her daycare hours and wanting a cheaper rate every time she cut the hours. The last time, I quoted her $4 an hour for drop in care. She texted me back "well I will just stay on my current schedule and rate then" to which I texted "no sorry I terminated our contract today". Then the excuses started lol. I told DH I totally expect to hear from her again, but IF I even consider taking her on it is going to cost her more and a full three week payment) one week payment and two weeks deposit this time up front. She won't do that lol she will say she doesn't have the money. (At least I hope she does I am counting on it lol).
Laurel 06:16 PM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Heck yeah... Leave; I would put a note on the door stating that you left after 30 minutes because she was a no show. She obviously doesn't respect you or your time.

For me one day a week is considered Drop-in care and I always charge more for it, but then I don't lock them into a contract either. Gives me an out if I need the spot for a PT/FT - of course draw back is if they give at least 12 hrs notice they can cancel without being charged
I wouldn't put a note on the door stating that you aren't home. That's an open invitation for someone to break into your house.

Laurel
Thriftylady 06:31 PM 08-24-2015
Why do I never follow my gut?????

She calls this evening and says "I am sorry I got called into work last minute". I told her "I usually don't reschedule no call no shows but okay". The girl is 17 months. So I let them come interview and she says "well if we bring her we will bring her cups and bottles". I had gone over most of the handbook and told them to read the rest and I said "you will find in your handbook that I will not give bottles to children over 12 months". Mom says "oh that will never work". I said "okay then well I won't change that policy". Now I know why the girl is a "finicky eater" she gets filled up on milk in bottles, why eat food?
littletots 05:43 AM 08-25-2015
You are totally right. Good you didn't give in to,treat this child different than others.
Reply Up