Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Not Cooperating - WWYD?
Unregistered 08:54 AM 02-06-2018
Last week I decided to cap my hours, I now cap at 9hrs. Each family signed new contracts with contracted hours by their needs. I got all of the contracts back last week but 1.
DCM made excuse after excuse about signing the new contract. I told her I couldn't keep DCB unless she signed it. Yesterday (Monday) she showed up at her regular time and said the tuition and contract were in the bag and she left (quickly). After I got DCB in and settled, I retrieved the payment and the contract. I looked over it and immediately noticed it was greasy and she didn't fill in the specific hours but instead she wrote "9 hrs". I think DCM tried to pull a fast one on me because I added a hefty early-drop off and late pick-up fee. (She's notoriously known for picking up late) I explained everything to her verbally and in writing so she can't claim ignorance on this one.
So yesterday I sent home a new contract for her to fix and send back. She said okay and I also texted her to remind her but SHE SENT IT BACK BLANK and won't respond to my messages or calls. What should I do?
hwichlaz 08:58 AM 02-06-2018
Text or email "DCM, without a properly filled in contract, your child may not attend childcare. Please resolve this immediately. The contract is required for attendance, even if you are choosing to give notice over the change. "
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 08:59 AM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I told her I couldn't keep DCB unless she signed it.

I would do this.
MomBoss 08:59 AM 02-06-2018
If she cannot properly fill out the contract, i would deny care. Did you mention to the families when the new contracts would start to take place; like beginning of next month?
LysesKids 09:00 AM 02-06-2018
Last week I decided to cap my hours, I now cap at 9hrs. Each family signed new contracts with contracted hours by their needs. I got all of the contracts back last week but 1.
DCM made excuse after excuse about signing the new contract. I told her I couldn't keep DCB unless she signed it. Yesterday (Monday) she showed up at her regular time and said the tuition and contract were in the bag and she left (quickly). After I got DCB in and settled, I retrieved the payment and the contract. I looked over it and immediately noticed it was greasy and she didn't fill in the specific hours but instead she wrote "9 hrs". I think DCM tried to pull a fast one on me because I added a hefty early-drop off and late pick-up fee. (She's notoriously known for picking up late) I explained everything to her verbally and in writing so she can't claim ignorance on this one.
So yesterday I sent home a new contract for her to fix and send back. She said okay and I also texted her to remind her but SHE SENT IT BACK BLANK and won't respond to my messages or calls. What should I do?
Term immediately; she is disrespectful of your policies & contract. No signed contract agreeing to the terms means she doesn't want care in my eyes,. Not all parents get that they don't pull the strings
Ariana 09:30 AM 02-06-2018
Hello DCM,
It seems we are having issues regarding the new contract. If the contract is not filled out in full and returned by X date then please consider X DCBs last day with us.
daycarediva 09:58 AM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Hello DCM,
It seems we are having issues regarding the new contract. If the contract is not filled out in full and returned by X date then please consider X DCBs last day with us.

mommyneedsadayoff 11:07 AM 02-06-2018
It sounds like she might be looking for other care and is stalling so she doesn't sign a contract she can't fulfill. Ask her at pick up to fill it out before leaving. If she won't, then follow through on what you said...don't care for the child. Suspend services till paperwork is filled out completely and properly.
lovemykidstoo 11:20 AM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
It sounds like she might be looking for other care and is stalling so she doesn't sign a contract she can't fulfill. Ask her at pick up to fill it out before leaving. If she won't, then follow through on what you said...don't care for the child. Suspend services till paperwork is filled out completely and properly.
That's what I would do. Print another contract and have it in your hand when she drops off in the morning or picks up tonight. Fill it out on the spot. If she won't, then term.
BrynleeJean 11:52 AM 02-06-2018
id have to say it depends on if the parent is a good parent, like if they are usually respectful and pay on time and respect me as a childcare provider and my rules usually then id give them another chance.

if not, if this is a usual behavior for the parent then i would bother giving them the opportunity for a second, third, fourth, chance. Its easier said than done but it should be done, you don't need parents that can't be accountable in your childcare.
284878 06:43 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
That's what I would do. Print another contract and have it in your hand when she drops off in the morning or picks up tonight. Fill it out on the spot. If she won't, then term.
This is what I do, never send home a copy to sign. I send home a copy for their records and tell them I will have one for them to sign on x date.
Mom2Two 12:10 PM 02-07-2018
Yeah, don't let her leave her kid without a signature. Maybe she's wanting her two weeks notice back when she gives you notice and doesn't want to lose more of it to late fees. Idk.

But it sounds like it's not a good fit

When I reduced my hours, I had one family that I allowed to hang onto my old hours (my daughter wanted them to stay badly), but I can't say that it worked out super well. I'm not sure that it did anyone much good. I'm not sorry that I hung onto them, but it did try my patience. I did change their contract though to make it be more something I could live with though, and they accepted those new terms. But I let them keep their hours.
DaveA 03:25 AM 02-08-2018
Combining the contract issues with persistent late pickups would be a term issue for me.

If you want to keep DCF you need to tell DCP you need a signed, unmodified contract in your hand before DCK walks in your door. If they won't do it or won't communicate with you about it notify DCP you have terminated care and find a replacement.
Unregistered 09:15 AM 02-08-2018
Hey everyone, thanks for the responses. The loophole DCM tried to get through was actually her downfall. Tuesday evening when DCM picked up DCB she was very quick and tried to avoid conversation, she grabbed him and headed for the door. I told her I finalized the new contract and put a copy in his bag. Her facial expression was priceless. She asked if she could fix it, I told her no. She had ample opportunity.
My contract states that my hours of operation are 7am-4pm (which is 9 hours) but parents had the option of adding additional time and/or selecting different hours for just $6/day. DCM had previously been dropping DCB off at 6am, which was okay and would still be okay if she had just put 6am-3pm or whichever specific 9hrs she wanted. (She's a SAHM with tons of flexibility.) I sent a letter letting her know she had been dropping DCB off early according to her contracted hours and she had to pay the $2/min early drop off fee which was a total of $240 for Monday and Tuesday and HAD to be paid in cash at drop off on Wed morning.
OMG, DCM WAS PISSED! DCM has been very pushy lately. Pushing her limits on late pick ups, not paying on time, not sending supplies. I just recently found my back bone and I implemented a lot of things that would deter parents from taking advantage of me. DCM text me telling me this was all my fault and she didn't think MY mistake was worth $240 and she wasn't paying it. Honestly, this isn't about the money. It's about her constantly pushing me around and doing things her way instead of following the rules.
Well DCB was a no-show Wed and Thurs. I haven't heard from DCM.
amberrose3dg 09:37 AM 02-08-2018
Hey everyone, thanks for the responses. The loophole DCM tried to get through was actually her downfall. Tuesday evening when DCM picked up DCB she was very quick and tried to avoid conversation, she grabbed him and headed for the door. I told her I finalized the new contract and put a copy in his bag. Her facial expression was priceless. She asked if she could fix it, I told her no. She had ample opportunity.
My contract states that my hours of operation are 7am-4pm (which is 9 hours) but parents had the option of adding additional time and/or selecting different hours for just $6/day. DCM had previously been dropping DCB off at 6am, which was okay and would still be okay if she had just put 6am-3pm or whichever specific 9hrs she wanted. (She's a SAHM with tons of flexibility.) I sent a letter letting her know she had been dropping DCB off early according to her contracted hours and she had to pay the $2/min early drop off fee which was a total of $240 for Monday and Tuesday and HAD to be paid in cash at drop off on Wed morning.
OMG, DCM WAS PISSED! DCM has been very pushy lately. Pushing her limits on late pick ups, not paying on time, not sending supplies. I just recently found my back bone and I implemented a lot of things that would deter parents from taking advantage of me. DCM text me telling me this was all my fault and she didn't think MY mistake was worth $240 and she wasn't paying it. Honestly, this isn't about the money. It's about her constantly pushing me around and doing things her way instead of following the rules.
Well DCB was a no-show Wed and Thurs. I haven't heard from DCM.
She is a stay at home mom and needs more than 9 hours of care??? No wonder she is a pain in the ass. Sorry but I feel incredibly horrible for the boy. Why does a stay at home mom need to have her kid in daycare that long every day!!!
Mom2Two 11:51 AM 02-08-2018
DCM had previously been dropping DCB off at 6am, which was okay and would still be okay if she had just put 6am-3pm or whichever specific 9hrs she wanted. (She's a SAHM with tons of flexibility.)
A SAHM who gets her kid to care by 6am ???? Wow! I'd still be in bed at 6am if I didn't have to work!!!
Hunni Bee 11:58 AM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
A SAHM who gets her kid to care by 6am ???? Wow! I'd still be in bed at 6am if I didn't have to work!!!
That's what stuck out for me! She drags the child out of bed at 5 am to come back home? I know its not our business what DCPs do when their kid is care but that just seems cruel and unnecessary. Then has the nerve to balk at a hours change.

No ma'am.
Unregistered 11:59 AM 02-08-2018
Yes and the worst part is she would drop DCB off early and pick him up late. I had him some days for +12 hours. She took advantage of other parents paying for extra hours and assumed since I still had other DCKs her son could stay for free.
Hunni Bee 12:00 PM 02-08-2018
And please don't let her skip out on her contract either. She sounds like a pill
amberrose3dg 04:09 PM 02-08-2018
Yes and the worst part is she would drop DCB off early and pick him up late. I had him some days for +12 hours. She took advantage of other parents paying for extra hours and assumed since I still had other DCKs her son could stay for free.
Man she makes me want to vomit. 12+ hours and she isn't working. You are a saint. She better pay you!
Tags:parents - don't cooperate
Reply Up