Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-12-2015, 12:26 PM
DaveA's Avatar
DaveA DaveA is online now
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,005
Default DCKs Pics on Phone

This is probably one of those things everyone's going to go "Well- DUH!" at me, but here goes. I'm not sure what you technically call it on your cell phone when a pic is tied to a number so I'll call it a contact pic. I'm putting each child's picture on my phone so it shows up as the contact pic for the parents. Parents are listed in my phone as "DCM/DCK-DCK's Mom/Dad". So in an emergency someone looking at my phone could match children to parents contact info.

I never thought of that till someone else gave me the idea. The only pic that shows up on my phone when someone calls is my wife, and that's because she put it there. Sounds like a good idea since we go a lot of places as part of my program.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Pepperth's Avatar
Pepperth Pepperth is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 676
Default

That's a great idea! Goodness knows I have the pictures already on my phone. Right now I have parents listed as"John Doe- Jane's mom" but no photos.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2015, 06:51 PM
laundrymom's Avatar
laundrymom laundrymom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,222
Default

I have parents listed as
Jane, Sara Jones
Josh, Mike Smith

I lost first name of kid then theirs. It's faster for me to type kids name then decide which parent pops up than it is to think of parents name.
(Or maybe I'm just old. Lol)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-13-2015, 03:08 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,375
Default

I was afraid to open this topic after your last cell phone one.

That is a good idea. But then I don't have a smart phone of any kind. I live in the dark ages.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-13-2015, 03:22 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveArmour View Post
This is probably one of those things everyone's going to go "Well- DUH!" at me, but here goes. I'm not sure what you technically call it on your cell phone when a pic is tied to a number so I'll call it a contact pic. I'm putting each child's picture on my phone so it shows up as the contact pic for the parents. Parents are listed in my phone as "DCM/DCK-DCK's Mom/Dad". So in an emergency someone looking at my phone could match children to parents contact info.

I never thought of that till someone else gave me the idea. The only pic that shows up on my phone when someone calls is my wife, and that's because she put it there. Sounds like a good idea since we go a lot of places as part of my program.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymom View Post
I have parents listed as
Jane, Sara Jones
Josh, Mike Smith

I lost first name of kid then theirs. It's faster for me to type kids name then decide which parent pops up than it is to think of parents name.
(Or maybe I'm just old. Lol)
both good ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I was afraid to open this topic after your last cell phone one.

That is a good idea. But then I don't have a smart phone of any kind. I live in the dark ages.
here's one for ya...

had a dck bring in an old cell for show and tell..filled with nude pics of dcd's gf.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-13-2015, 05:44 AM
laundrymom's Avatar
laundrymom laundrymom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
both good ideas!



here's one for ya...

had a dck bring in an old cell for show and tell..filled with nude pics of dcd's gf.
Uhhhhhhh. Lol. Hmmmmmm. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-13-2015, 05:59 AM
DaveA's Avatar
DaveA DaveA is online now
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
both good ideas!



here's one for ya...

had a dck bring in an old cell for show and tell..filled with nude pics of dcd's gf.
Oopsie:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-13-2015, 08:22 AM
childcaremom's Avatar
childcaremom childcaremom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveArmour View Post
This is probably one of those things everyone's going to go "Well- DUH!" at me, but here goes. I'm not sure what you technically call it on your cell phone when a pic is tied to a number so I'll call it a contact pic. I'm putting each child's picture on my phone so it shows up as the contact pic for the parents. Parents are listed in my phone as "DCM/DCK-DCK's Mom/Dad". So in an emergency someone looking at my phone could match children to parents contact info.

I never thought of that till someone else gave me the idea. The only pic that shows up on my phone when someone calls is my wife, and that's because she put it there. Sounds like a good idea since we go a lot of places as part of my program.
I just figured this out last week and thought I was a genius. I just got a new phone and consider myself tech challenged so creating a contact list, and one with photos, is up there on my tech accomplishments.

I also list my daycare contacts as:
Joey's mom cell
Joey's dad cell
Joey's mom work

It's nice to have the photo pop up when/if mom and dad text.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When you *have* to talk on the phone Josiegirl Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 05-05-2015 03:06 AM
Phone Interviews humblefam Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 3 04-17-2014 06:32 AM
Cell Phone - Use For Pics And Calling WImom Daycare and Taxes 7 02-05-2014 01:19 PM
Android Apps kelsey's kids Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 10 05-27-2013 11:11 PM
Phone - Strictly Business Cell Phone Clara Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 05-20-2013 10:57 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming