Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Send Some Sun!!!!
Country Kids 06:34 AM 06-25-2012
As usual our summer starts off yucky, yucky, yucky. We haven't had tons of sun yet and most days start of very dark and dreary-. It has poured for the last 3 days and more called for today and tomorrow. My plants are getting to much water now. It makes it hard to be a natural outdoor school because all you want to do is stay in, curl up and watch movies- We had an event in town this week that drew 5,000 people last opening day, this year it drew 450 because of how bad the weather has been.

But then I talked to my cousin last night and they are from Alaska. She let me know that her kids (in school and childcare) can't go out once it hits 20 below!!!!! I said 20 below what praying she didn't say zero----she said zero! We are wimps here then-.
MyAngels 06:37 AM 06-25-2012
Gosh that actually sounds good to us here . We've had nothing but sunshine and heat here for weeks. Everything is parched because of the lack of rain. We'll be in the high 90s all week, hitting 100 later on in the week.
Country Kids 06:46 AM 06-25-2012
I actually just turned on the heat because its chilly in here-. We also have to have lights on because its so dark which just means a nice electric bill! I would like one month, maybe two where I get a break on electricity because it isn't dark and cold and we have to run the heater/very hot and we have to run the ac!
Countrygal 08:22 AM 06-25-2012
All I could think was..... "Please send some rain!!!" We need an all-day soaker really bad!!!!
Country Kids 08:27 AM 06-25-2012
Our friend down the street has their fireplace going! I'm curious to how much rain we have had this weekend. I guess the crops aren't doing well again this year because of how wet/cold it has been. ONE day in March we had close to 3 INCHES of rain not including the rest of the month.

Well my flowers are looking so healthy. Wish I could be out there enjoying them. I'm starting to be afraid they will get to much water!
Kiki 08:35 AM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
All I could think was..... "Please send some rain!!!" We need an all-day soaker really bad!!!!
Yea..send rain this way too please. It so dang dry here it's a joke.
Country Kids 07:18 AM 06-26-2012
Another day of rain/coldness! Yesterday I believe they said our high was 55 and today they aren't calling for it to be much warmer. We literally can't go outside because its just pouring, pouring, pouring. These kids are getting cabin fever because they think the few days we did have sun was our summer and now back into the house we go for winter-. They are not having fun. I can't wait for summer to hit!
SilverSabre25 07:28 AM 06-26-2012
Okay, we send you some sun if you send us some of that rain! It's drought conditions here now. Everything is sooo dry. We are under an increased risk of fires today and the next few days. That's a rare warning for this area (central OH).
ritah 08:55 AM 06-26-2012
Would LOVE some rain and cool weather in CO! We have wildfires burning homes less than 15 miles from us. And new fires starting every day due to severe dryness and record-breaking heat. Ugh!!
wahmof3 06:48 PM 06-26-2012

lol
SilverSabre25 09:10 PM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by ritah:
Would LOVE some rain and cool weather in CO! We have wildfires burning homes less than 15 miles from us. And new fires starting every day due to severe dryness and record-breaking heat. Ugh!!
Stay safe! My family lived in the Fort Collins area for a few years, and I was actually born there. Been following the fires out there.
Bookworm 05:04 PM 06-27-2012
I would gladly send you some sun especially is weekend. It's about to be Tripp,e digits here. Maybe we can make a trade.
NiNi.R. 06:18 PM 06-27-2012
I'd gladly send you the 104 degree weather we are supposed to have tomorrow for some of your rain and cooler temperatures
Reply Up