Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can people not read craigslist?!
jenn 04:10 PM 03-05-2014
I think that my add is very clear and well written.

I got a call this morning from a mom

"Do you accept 3 year olds?" Um...my add says accepting 6 weeks through 6 years.

"Do you accept assistance with pay" Um...my add says private pay only.

"I only need one day per week" Um...my add says 3 day per week minimum.

"I need someone from 11:00-3:00 today. Will that be OK?" Um...seriously?! When she said this it was 10:30. I have never met them, they have never met me. They are not familiar with the area of town I live in. They have no paperwork.

"Can we come meet you on Friday?" So, I don't really meet the needs you have, but you still want to come interview. Really?! I encouraged her to try some other places to see if she could find a better fit.
daycare 04:24 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by jenn:

"Do you accept 3 year olds?" Um...my add says accepting 6 weeks through 6 years.

"I need someone from 11:00-3:00 today. Will that be OK?" Um...seriously?! When she said this it was 10:30. I have never met them, they have never met me. They are not familiar with the area of town I live in. They have no paperwork.

"Can we come meet you on Friday?" So, I don't really meet the needs you have, but you still want to come interview. Really?! I encouraged her to try some other places to see if she could find a better fit.
run...people don't care what they read. They will still try to come and ask you guilt you or demand that they need things this way.

I have been through this before. The mother knew nothing about group care. I blame myself, because usually I do a phone interview asking all of the questions that would let me know if we were a fit together or not. But this was a referal from a really good parent and I just jumped on it offering it that same day.

I would not even email this person back. If they call, conduct a small phone interview and then be honest and say it's not a good fit.........
Heidi 04:27 PM 03-05-2014

My guess is, she owes money somewhere else, and they said "no pay, no stay".
Patches 04:39 PM 03-05-2014
I had a word call today, too. The lady asked if I did care on weekends and I told her no, just Monday through Friday.
She asked if I did after hours care. I said no, 630 to 6. She said l, "ok, well I work until 8, So I would be able to pick him up about 830" I said, "well, I can't do that. I close at 6"
She asked me what my rates were. I said, "Like I said, I close at 6 and for a full time spot with a 6 o'clock pickup, blah blah blah"
She KEPT pressing for that 830. "Well, what would the rate be for the 830 pickup" I had top two het no, I don't do that several times before she finally "got it"
blandino 04:39 PM 03-05-2014
I get that ALL the time.

My ad clearly says where we are located, because we do live on the very far side of a town, so I am specific about that.

I will get calls asking my location, and when I say it, they say "Oh, I am all the way at _________ thats about a 40 minute drive.

Gee, if only you had a way to already know that....
Starburst- log issues 04:46 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by Patches:
I had a word call today, too. The lady asked if I did care on weekends and I told her no, just Monday through Friday.
She asked if I did after hours care. I said no, 630 to 6. She said l, "ok, well I work until 8, So I would be able to pick him up about 830" I said, "well, I can't do that. I close at 6"
She asked me what my rates were. I said, "Like I said, I close at 6 and for a full time spot with a 6 o'clock pickup, blah blah blah"
She KEPT pressing for that 830. "Well, what would the rate be for the 830 pickup" I had top two het no, I don't do that several times before she finally "got it"
I would have probably just said an outrageous amount ($100/hour after hours {$250 a day x 5 days= $1,250 a week + regular daycare rate}) just to see if she would agree to it... If she did then I would gladly stay open until 8:30 lol
blandino 04:53 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by Patches:
I think some people really look at it like they are the boss. Once I had a lady astonished I when she said she would need me on a Saturday, and I told her that I wasn't open on the weekends. Umm, I am allowed to tell you no.
MotherNature 04:57 AM 03-06-2014
No, they don't read it, just like handbooks. Maybe they skim it. Or...they're looking through a bunch of ads and can't remember which one you are. I get calls asking about everything that is clearly in my ad.
melilley 05:24 AM 03-06-2014
When I posted on cl, I got all sorts of calls like that!
Second Home 07:01 AM 03-06-2014
It must be the week for people not understanding ads.

I had a call for a child under 2 , my ad clearly states 1 opening for children 2 and older .When I said I do not have an opening for a 10 month old she told me I should remove mt ad since it is misleading .
Laurel 10:01 AM 03-06-2014

Nobody can read anything anywhere. This is a pet peeve of mine. People don't read contracts, forum posts, signs or just ignore them on purpose.

Just venting.

What I hate the most is when someone reads incorrectly and everyone just piles on as if it is so and things get out of hand or misunderstood.

Okay, vent over....

Laurel
Tags:craig's list, craig's list reply
Reply Up