Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Standard Food Deduction
Scout 07:18 AM 03-14-2014
Quick question that I am hoping someone can answer. I am not on the food program so I do not have to serve meals/snacks that include all of the 4 components that they food program does. I can just serve, for example, only grapes for snack and claim it. Is it still true that the foods don't have to be nutritious to claim the standard food deduction? Not that I serve crap, but, I do serve popsicles and stuff like that. Just want to be sure that I can claim no matter what I serve? Thanks!
TomCopeland 02:41 PM 03-14-2014
Originally Posted by Scout:
Quick question that I am hoping someone can answer. I am not on the food program so I do not have to serve meals/snacks that include all of the 4 components that they food program does. I can just serve, for example, only grapes for snack and claim it. Is it still true that the foods don't have to be nutritious to claim the standard food deduction? Not that I serve crap, but, I do serve popsicles and stuff like that. Just want to be sure that I can claim no matter what I serve? Thanks!
You can use the standard meal allowance rule to deduct food expenses, even if you are not on the Food Program. Your meals and snacks do not have to meet Food Program standards or be nutritious to be counted as a deduction. So, no matter what you serve (crappy food or organic food), you can count it.
Scout 04:49 PM 03-14-2014
Thank you Tom!!
Reply Up