Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Does Your New Year Look?
MissAnn 11:14 AM 08-04-2016
My multiple food allergy kid is going to kindergarten and so is my ultra picky eater! I'll miss them....BUT menus are going to be so fun! Oh.....I didn't change a thing for picky eater.....but Will not miss the staring at me or wanting to talk nonstop instead of eating.
KiwiKids 11:31 AM 08-04-2016
Replaced a very difficult toddler with an absolutely joy to care for dcg with great parents who are easy to work with. The rest of my group has been with me for 1-4.5 years and are happy and loving kids. I'm really excited to have the group I have this year.
KiwiKids 11:32 AM 08-04-2016
Also *knocks on wood* all of them are super nappers. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hehe
MissAnn 11:40 AM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by KiwiKids:
Also *knocks on wood* all of them are super nappers. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hehe
Great nappers trump just about anything! Mine are great nappers too.
adnilwis 11:43 AM 08-04-2016
Come September 6 I will have a whole new group of kids. Two infants. I'm looking forward to a change after having two dcks since they were 6 weeks old and never bonded with me after almost 2 years here.
Controlled Chaos 11:57 AM 08-04-2016
I am still trying to fill on sept spot. The rest will have all been with me 1.5-3 years. If I can't fill the spot with a new 2-4 year old I will take a sibling infant that is due in sept and needing care in December. I have had lots of calls, interviewed a few families. Waiting to here back from a family I really like (have provided drop in care to for a year now) but they aren't sure they can consistently make my close time work. I hate the waiting. Even though I get several emails or phone calls a week and add a few to my wait list each month, I am always TERRIFIED people will stop coming and we will have no money. So stressful!

To the original question - It will be mostly the same group. There is one stinker (my moaning myrtle) but over all they play well and ALL the parents are great
KiwiKids 11:57 AM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Great nappers trump just about anything! Mine are great nappers too.
Yes! I can handle just about anything if I get at least one hour of quiet in the afternoon.
DaveA 12:07 PM 08-04-2016
One DCG is starting AM Pre-K this year, otherwise same group as I had when the summer started. As much as I like the school agers (especially the 2 that are mine ) I'll be glad to have my "normal" program back in 2 weeks.
Cat Herder 12:10 PM 08-04-2016
Loud.
Controlled Chaos 12:17 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
One DCG is starting AM Pre-K this year, otherwise same group as I had when the summer started. As much as I like the school agers (especially the 2 that are mine ) I'll be glad to have my "normal" program back in 2 weeks.
haha yes, my dd starts 1st grade this fall and I will miss her but it will be nice to have her off with kids her own age. We are driving each other crazy
NillaWafers 05:19 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
haha yes, my dd starts 1st grade this fall and I will miss her but it will be nice to have her off with kids her own age. We are driving each other crazy
I can't wait for my eldest to go to K this year. No more older kids! Life will be so much easier with only littles.
Josiegirl 04:05 AM 08-05-2016
After school starts, I'll have 5 dcgs. My most challenging one at the moment is starting Prek ft so I won't see much of her. And then if all goes okay, I'll have an infant starting in Nov. some time. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one and praying for a good outcome because her ultrasounds are showing little growth. Hoping she's just going to be a small baby.

And naptime?? Yikes, it isn't what it used to be.
BumbleBee 05:28 AM 08-05-2016
Losing 2 possibly 3.

2 are going back to school so after school only for them. 1 may be starting school.

Added another infant.

7 that I already have will be staying.

2 drop ins occasionally

New assistant too.
Blackcat31 05:37 AM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by adnilwis:
Come September 6 I will have a whole new group of kids. Two infants. I'm looking forward to a change after having two dcks since they were 6 weeks old and never bonded with me after almost 2 years here.
I hear you! Sometimes I have a child that no matter what, I just don't connect with them as easily or as smoothly as I do others. It makes it hard sometimes but I try to remember that it's not my job to necessarily bond with them. As long as they still feel safe, secure and cared about while here, it's all good.

That's not to say I don't look forward to the change then when they do age out...... I have a family of 3 right now that I just love the younger two kids but the oldest one is just not same.

They will leave for Kindy this fall and I am excited about just having the younger two simply because they seem to behave a lot differently when older sib is not around.

I also think for me, families seem to have an "expiration date" where after so many years, I just look forward to change when they leave for both good and not so good reasons.
laundrymom 06:00 AM 08-05-2016
I lost four to school this year. I have thre new ones. One toddler and two newborns. 😊👶🏻❤️👶🏻❤️
This puts my count to::
Two babies.
One one yr.
two toddlers
Two twos
Two threes.
With one opening. I've gone through 7 interviews but have yet to offer spot.
Josiegirl 06:34 AM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I lost four to school this year. I have thre new ones. One toddler and two newborns. 😊👶🏻❤️👶🏻❤️
This puts my count to::
Two babies.
One one yr.
two toddlers
Two twos
Two threes.
With one opening. I've gone through 7 interviews but have yet to offer spot.

Uh....yikes??!! I couldn't picture it! Are you by yourself?
Indoorvoice 06:47 AM 08-05-2016
I will have an easy year! I can't wait for my daughter to go to kindy. Love her to death, but she does not fit in with my toddler crowd. I will have my 3yo and infant daughters, and 2 other 3 yo girls. I am very much looking forward to it! Then I just found out one of dcm is pregnant so I will add a baby to the group next September! Can't wait.
Annalee 07:01 AM 08-05-2016
Exciting year! right now I have 9, conducting interviews to fill 3 spots. Oldest is 3 and youngest is 3 months. I do not start my preschool-theme-learning till after Labor Day.

Local schools started today so I have enjoyed a very calm/slow summer. Ready to get back in the groove!
bklsmum 07:10 AM 08-05-2016
Amazing! I am moving into a new house that has an amazing daycare space and yard and plenty of space for my family too and I am no longer doing school driving so our days won't be broken up anymore! I am SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!
TXhomedaycare 07:13 AM 08-05-2016
My son is going to kindergarten this year he is way to big for my group. I still have my 2 yo son, and 3 3 yo but one will be moving soon so I will have a few spots available after 2 years of being full and I ain't mad because it is nice to have a little break before I get new kids. I have 3 close friends having babies this year and I keep feeling crazy enough to take 1 but then I remind myself how hard it was and I usually only take 18 mo and up.
childcaremom 08:00 AM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Loud.

Mine will be busy. I have 4 between the ages of 15 mos and 2. All are teachers children so I'm sure September will be a whirlwind.

I am enjoying my time off but am looking forward to routine. (remind me of this if I start complaining )
Play Care 08:55 AM 08-05-2016
2 infants (one FT, one PT)
1 toddler
2 SA boys
1 possible PT/short term infant

Working hard to fill spots
laundrymom 09:30 AM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
Amazing! I am moving into a new house that has an amazing daycare space and yard and plenty of space for my family too and I am no longer doing school driving so our days won't be broken up anymore! I am SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!
This makes a huge difference!!
laundrymom 09:32 AM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Uh....yikes??!! I couldn't picture it! Are you by yourself?
Yes.
It sounds worse than it actually is. Lol
Ive had them all since newborns except for the new toddler and they have been raised on our routine so its all they know.
Now, im BUSYBUSYBUSY but its do-able.
Heart12 09:40 AM 08-05-2016
2 new infants + my own preschooler

struggling to fill these other spots, buttttt I think when summer is over Im no longer go to accept this SA I have back. Too much drama
finsup 10:01 AM 08-05-2016
We start kindergarten (homeschool) in a month! I'll have my 5yr old, 2yr old, 9m old, dcb 3 and dcb 10m (currently). Our whole day is getting changed around...going to be just a little crazy until we get a whole new routine down lol.
NillaWafers 10:06 AM 08-05-2016
As far as kids go I have :
My own 7 mo old
A 21 month old girl
A 3 year old girl
My own 3.5 year old boy
My own soon to be 6 year old boy

I'm looking for two toddlers, ages 2-3. And I've been looking for a few months
Sunshine74 10:20 AM 08-05-2016
I know it's not really the same for me, but here goes...

We are moving up around half our class to the preschool program when school starts in September. And the group we are getting to replace them... let's just say the first few weeks of the school year might be a little rough.
Scout 10:25 AM 08-05-2016
I recently changed virtually my whole group. I had some move onto a preschool because I am not one, nor can I provide transportation. This rid me of infants!! I replaced them with PT toddler and preschoolers. I am very much looking forward to having a new group and mostly pt, so some days are harder than others and all days are not the same! I think it'll help with burnout. 2 of my days are only 2 kids and only one in the mornings, so I can take her places with me!
Second Home 01:45 PM 08-05-2016
I will have 1 infant starting the end of August . And a current dcm is due in Oct and I will get the baby when she goes back to work .

Lost 1 s/a who is going into middle school .

Wish I could loose 2 other s/a , the kids are good but the parents drive me nuts.

Still have 1 spot to fill .
Reply Up