Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>One Nap Or Two?
SunflowerMama 07:38 AM 06-29-2011
When do you switch the dcks to just one nap?

I have a new 15 month old and he was napping 11:30a - 1p at his old center but our afternoon nap is from 1 - 3p and he seems exhausted in the morning so I'm thinking about a 9-11a morning nap and then the afternoon nap with the other kids.

When do you transition the kids to one nap and what time is your morning nap if they are still on 2 naps?
Country Kids 07:54 AM 06-29-2011
The youngest I ever took was 18 month olds. All needed morning naps but took very few while here. One would just lay down when he was tired but that was a real rare because I kept him so busy that he kept going. The other one never took a morning nap for me because of the same reason he wanted to be with the big kids! I know neither would have slept for me in the afternoon or if they did it wouldn't have been for very long. Both moms were fine with them being up all morning and just sleeping in the afternoons. I really don't have a place for seperate napping anyway so it doesn't work for me. Also, both would take very good afternoon naps, deep sleep for about 3+ hours and still be in bed by 8:00 every night. Sometimes the moms would tell me they would fall asleep earlier (seven or so) and sleep through the night!
Blackcat31 07:54 AM 06-29-2011
I transition my kids to one nap in the afternoon at 12 months but our nap time is 12:00-2:00. It is also what works for here so I can't say what would work anywhere else. I also very rarely take them under 12 months either. Sorry I am not much help.
Meyou 08:53 AM 06-29-2011
I transition between 18 months and 2 years old. Our morning nap is from 8:30 to 10am. Afternoon nap is from 1pm to 3-3:30pm. I phrase out the morning nap based on their energy level. If they aren't cranky by 9am I let them stay up, if they are they go down. Eventually they outgrow the need and I stop altogether.
cheerfuldom 09:13 AM 06-29-2011
I think you should do a very short morning nap (no more than an hour) and then nap him again with the other kids. If the morning nap is too long, hes not going to stay down with the other kids in the afternoon.
squareone 11:16 AM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I transition between 18 months and 2 years old. Our morning nap is from 8:30 to 10am. Afternoon nap is from 1pm to 3-3:30pm. I phrase out the morning nap based on their energy level. If they aren't cranky by 9am I let them stay up, if they are they go down. Eventually they outgrow the need and I stop altogether.
This is exactly what I do except my morning nap is from 8-9. The child pretty much demonstrates whether or not they need one nap or two.
nannyde 11:34 AM 06-29-2011
Two naps till at least two.

Nap right after breakfast till 9 and then 12:15-2:45 ish
littlemissmuffet 11:56 AM 06-29-2011
0 - 24 months nap in the morning from 9 am to 10 am and everyone age 5 and under nap again from 1 pm to 3 pm.
Tags:nap issues, nap times, napping
Reply Up