Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Reading Corner
Rainbowmom 12:30 PM 12-08-2015
What do you all use for sitting in your reading corner or reading area? I buy my kiddos something new every Christmas to have at my house. Last year I bought pillow pets for quiet time. This year I would like comfy chairs for our reading corner. I've looked into beanbag chairs. Besides being quite pricey, there's little variety. I'd like to keep the cost between $15-$25.00. Any ideas?
Unregistered 01:07 PM 12-08-2015
this might sound kinda crazy, but those big comfy dog bed/cushions haha. They sell them at cheap discount retail places like Ross. Also have nicer ones at Costco. It doesn't have to be for an animal! It's just a big comfy cushion.
childcaremom 01:10 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
this might sound kinda crazy, but those big comfy dog bed/cushions haha. They sell them at cheap discount retail places like Ross. Also have nicer ones at Costco. It doesn't have to be for an animal! It's just a big comfy cushion.
I have one of these. Also other floor cushions. No seats or chairs here. Dcks love them.
Unregistered 01:21 PM 12-08-2015
Body pillows?
Michael 12:58 AM 12-09-2015
More reading corner threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...reading+corner
MissAnn 05:00 AM 12-09-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I have one of these. Also other floor cushions. No seats or chairs here. Dcks love them.
I have 2. They don't have sides like some dog beds do. It's just like a really big fluffy rug. I would put a picture in here but I don't know how.
MsLisa 07:19 AM 12-09-2015
This is our reading area.
All the bean bags, the saucer chair (not pictured) and the white chair (ikea) were donations and the red couch was from the pre-k downstairs after it closed.

Check craigslist! Or put an ad up asking for any bean bag, saucer or kid chairs. That's how I got that white chair. A lady was moving out of state and was looking to donate them, saw my ad on craiglist.
Walmart has them pretty cheap too.

-sorry the photo is sideways!-
Attached: 20151130_105617.jpg (71.5 KB) 
AmyKidsCo 08:46 AM 12-09-2015
I've had a variety of things but our older cat kept peeing on everything we had.

I've had cheap bean bags from Walmart, 5-6 bed pillows with matching pillow cases, body pillows, and now a child couch I saved Scholastic points for. So far no peeing on that!
MissAnn 10:59 AM 12-09-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I've had a variety of things but our older cat kept peeing on everything we had.

I've had cheap bean bags from Walmart, 5-6 bed pillows with matching pillow cases, body pillows, and now a child couch I saved Scholastic points for. So far no peeing on that!
I used to have a bean bag but the kids kept leaping on it and hitting their heads on the wall. I feared head concussions. I might try again....
mamamanda 03:35 PM 12-09-2015
We have a crib mattress with pillows all around the edge to make it look more like a couch. Everyone loves it.
Rainbowmom 04:41 PM 12-09-2015
Thanks for the great ideas. You all are the best resources!
Unregistered 06:03 PM 12-13-2015
For years I had a crib mattress on the floor with a crib sheet on it and pillows behind it. I now have a body pillow against the wall and a fluffy rug to sit/lay on. Cheap and works great.
Tags:reading corner
Reply Up