Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>state assistance and red flags
Controlled Chaos 01:46 PM 05-04-2015
So I enrolled a lovely new 2 yo. This child filled my last full time spot. I was thrilled, even though I noticed a few potential red flags, but I figure, I can keep interviewing and replace this family if it does go poorly.

Well, today was supposed to be dcgs first day, I call mom at 915 (15 min after scheduled drop off) and she says she isn't starting until the 13th now. Well, she is my first state pay family. So I have the pay for the month - the co pay she owes me and registration fee. I am realizing I need a contract/handbook meeting after the interview to make sure they are paid up before the first day. In the past, all clients have just brought it with child on first day. dcm seemed super surprised I had a problem with her not starting for 2 weeks, and still owing to co pay?! I was very frank with her on the phone, about needing communication and the co pay to hold the spot... I don't know.

Do you do an interview/tour and then another meeting? If I term a state paid family half way through the month, do I just refund the state half the pay? I am waiting on a packet from the state with all the fine print info...I am nervous about what a hassle all this will be.
Thriftylady 01:58 PM 05-04-2015
Does your state pay in advance? Most of the states I think pay after care is provided. In Kansas, I had to keep attendance and bill monthly. Here in Ohio, the state gives you a POS unit and the parents slide their card for attendance. In that case, there shouldn't be any money to refund.
Reply Up