Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Adults Need to Stop Trying to Control Play
Blackcat31 06:28 AM 12-16-2015
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...children-play/
spedmommy4 07:06 AM 12-16-2015
Love!! I read this a few days ago and shared it with my providers association FB group. :-)
auntymimi 10:24 AM 12-16-2015
This is awesome. It really makes me think about how I interact with the kids in my program.
Ariana 10:33 AM 12-16-2015
I read a book that was written by my professor in school called "The Play's The Thing". Awesome read and pretty much says the same thing!!! So glad this is going mainstream.

I give my kids LOTS of unstructured free play time but other adults are unwilling to do it so I run into a lot of problems with it. A big reason why I do childcare is so I can provide this opportunity for my kids. When my child started school is when everything went downhill. She started needing my constant attention and approval and started tattling non stop. Sometimes trying to get your kids to have independent thought can be an uphill battle in today's society and schools.
DaveA 11:56 AM 12-16-2015
Love the article. I contend the death of free play is a combination of CYA so they don't have to deal with the fallout (both parental and legal) of children hurting themselves and trading "education" for "testing skills".
Reply Up