Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gave Notice On Rate Increase
wdmmom 07:59 AM 10-11-2012
I have a sibling group for 11 months. October is the month I always go through my files, make sure I have current and up to date information, etc. When I signed this family on, I brought them in at a lower price because I had 2 openings. I also agreed to the rate for 12 months. I gave the family notice that starting January, their rate will increase $45 per month for the 2 kids. I broke it down and it's equivalent to about $.28 per hour.

The rate I gave them is still a phenomenal rate compared to others in my area. I never received any response to the email.

How long would you wait to confirm it was received or that they are open to the new rate. I figured almost 2.5 months was plenty of notice before I start the increase.

And, since I haven't received notice, I haven't had the opportunity to talk with them about how my rate increases work. (I only do 1 rate increase for the term the child is here.) This means the rate I will be charging in January will be the rate they pay until the oldest child ages out.
Up