Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Is There A Time Of Year When Biz Picks Up?

Perhaps not an accurate title for this thread, but I'd like to know from those doing child care for many years...have you noticed any pattern in terms of a time of year where a lot of people seem to be looking for child care? I always have my ads on craig's list, facebook, biz cards at the stores, and sometimes it seems I get a lot of inquiries and other times it's quiet. I'm in my third year and trying to pay attention to whether or not there is a rhythm to the responses...are more people apt to be looking at certain times of the year? And btw, I only take infants-4yrs...no school age kids.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

It seems for me I get more calls in the spring and around the first of the yr. I have been doing this for almost 11 yrs.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:27 AM

Last year, my first year doing this, I got a lot of responses in the Spring, and a lot more in the fall. I also do not take school agers.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:32 AM

I take infants and SA's. For me, things always pick up in August and January (right after the school's Winter break).
Old 03-29-2011, 05:39 AM

It used to be "approximately 9 months from the last long term power outage" for infants

I guess there is some truth to it since all 6 of my DCK's were born in Dec. and Jan.... (our area gets hit with severe storms alot in March )
Old 03-29-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherder View Post
It used to be "approximately 9 months from the last long term power outage" for infants

I guess there is some truth to it since all 6 of my DCK's were born in Dec. and Jan.... (our area gets hit with severe storms alot in March )
Hmmmmmmm........you may have something there catherder. Both of my kids were born in December!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:03 AM

Oh, and btw, I really hope you guys are right about the spring thing. I STILL haven't gotten any bites on any of my ads so I still have just the one family. Thank God we can pay our bills with the income I've got but I'm getting a little nervous here.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:06 AM

I find I get the most calls in the spring too although alot of that business ends up being new clients for the fall. People tend to look for care about 6 months in advance here.

I don't take new clients between June 1 and Sept 1 though. Our summers are too busy with outings and the lake for me to integrate a new little one into the mix. They need to learn the everyday rules first before we venture into outing protocal. lol
Old 03-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm hoping that spring brings some new clients as well! One of the providers in my town said she gets a lot of calls in the spring and fall, so I'm hoping the same goes for me!!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:44 AM

I've always found January, May and late August, early September to be the times that I get the most calls. I've been in the business for 19 years.

Tags
business picking up, economy, more business