Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dear, Dear Children
SilverSabre25 12:06 PM 02-15-2013
toilet paper goes in the TOILET. Not the trash can.

Especially poopy toilet paper.

It's why it's called "toilet" paper. And why I have told you several times that it goes in the toilet. For you to still be giving me that amazed, wide-eyed stare and that interested, "oh! Okay!" makes me think that you are not actually paying the SLIGHTEST bit of attention...and then when you go ahead and throw it in the trash can anyway, I just want to go bang my head into a wall and cry my eyeballs out at the futility of it all.

I don't get it. They all do it. THat's why bathroom trips are supervised now. And still, they continue to do it. ARGH.
Sunnyyy1 12:08 PM 02-15-2013
They probably get away with it at home....
Binkybobo 12:13 PM 02-15-2013
Another FYI! Wipes go in the trash, not in the toilet!
canadiancare 12:17 PM 02-15-2013
Maybe they use baby wipes at home and are conditioned to throwing them in the trash.

The other day I found myself saying "you don't blow your nose with the same paper you just wiped your penis with" to a little boy who is toilet training.
laundrymom 12:21 PM 02-15-2013
Originally Posted by canadiancare:
Maybe they use baby wipes at home and are conditioned to throwing them in the trash.

The other day I found myself saying "you don't blow your nose with the same paper you just wiped your penis with" to a little boy who is toilet training.
I needed this laugh!!!!!
SilverSabre25 12:26 PM 02-15-2013

hahah! That's funny!
Starburst 12:35 PM 02-15-2013
Lol one time I was left with a 3 year old and her younger brother at the daycare because it was a Holiday and the parent arrived at the FCC and had no back up and the provider was about to leave for an event- so I had to come in and sub for only 3 kids (the provider called a drop-in parent to let them know they can drop their daughter off with me at the FCC home) and when I went to get the door for the other family when DCG1 was on the potty (she was fully potty trained at the time and the bathroom was close by). Apparently DCG used a bunch of TP to wipe and clogged the toilet and it flooded from the bathroom to daycare kitchen (a kitchen, bathroom, activity room and carpet room added to her house just for daycare use). I spent an hour or two trying to fully clean it up with towles/rags (the provider hates mops and sponges). Oh and BTW she went #2 . I learned my lession, I think when I have my daycare I will probably put the TP up too high for them to reach from the toilet without assistants or make sure that they are never left alone with a full roll of TP.
butterfly 12:45 PM 02-15-2013

I nearly spit my soda all over the screen and the baby I was holding!! That's hilarious!!
Country Kids 01:09 PM 02-15-2013

Does he seriously wipe his penis? I have never had a boy that did that?

Oh, my goodness, have I screwed all the boys up I have potty trained. Great there are a bunch of boys running around not wiping now because I didn't know they needed to.
SilverSabre25 01:11 PM 02-15-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:

Oh, my goodness, have I screwed all the boys up I have potty trained. Great there are a bunch of boys running around not wiping now because I didn't know they needed to.
I don't think most do! Mine 20 month old does because he sees mommy and sister wiping, and of course wants to join in the fun. I think he mostly enjoys the action of putting the paper in the toilet But the other two boys I have right now, and the ones I've had in the past, didn't do this.
Country Kids 01:16 PM 02-15-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I don't think most do! Mine 20 month old does because he sees mommy and sister wiping, and of course wants to join in the fun. I think he mostly enjoys the action of putting the paper in the toilet But the other two boys I have right now, and the ones I've had in the past, didn't do this.
Oh, thank you!

I had never heard of boys wiping that area (I have two myself) so I was wondering if I needed to start seeking a counsoler for them-
SilverSabre25 01:17 PM 02-15-2013
Oh, thank you!

I had never heard of boys wiping that area (I have two myself) so I was wondering if I needed to start seeking a counsoler for them-
lol!!
Unregistered 01:26 PM 02-15-2013
Almost every little boy i have had has "wiped" their penis, i really dont know why and have always let them know they didn't have to but......ya know, to each their own, it really isnt a big deal but i do find it quite odd, my son did this also.
canadiancare 01:54 PM 02-15-2013
I usually show the boys to wipe the little dribble that is sometimes left so they don't drip on the seat. I am kind of anal (LOL) about toileting habits, though.
kitykids3 01:59 PM 02-15-2013

LOL! (and that is rare for me)
kitykids3 02:03 PM 02-15-2013

I had a little boy that was taught that by his parents. It was a surprise to me. I actually kind of like the idea. I also teach them to wipe any that may have got on the toilet, and to put the seat down and flush. We gotta teach them early.
WoodOx 02:16 PM 02-15-2013
i had a 10yr old throwing pooped TP in the trash. very gross and smelly. had a talk w/them about it.
the other day both 3 and 4 yr DCB's did the same but worse since my pail has a cover, they got it ALL over the lid and on the floor i explained to them to put it in the toilet when they are here
MarinaVanessa 04:40 PM 02-15-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
toilet paper goes in the TOILET. Not the trash can.

Especially poopy toilet paper.

It's why it's called "toilet" paper. And why I have told you several times that it goes in the toilet. For you to still be giving me that amazed, wide-eyed stare and that interested, "oh! Okay!" makes me think that you are not actually paying the SLIGHTEST bit of attention...and then when you go ahead and throw it in the trash can anyway, I just want to go bang my head into a wall and cry my eyeballs out at the futility of it all.

I don't get it. They all do it. THat's why bathroom trips are supervised now. And still, they continue to do it. ARGH.
And at my house it's COMPLETELY different lol. I teach my DCK's that NO toilet paper goes in toilet and they DON'T flush the toilet, I do it.

This is after my toilet has been clogged by an over-eager pre-schooler ... TWICE. Poopoo water on my bathroom and living room floor is no fun let me you. It's so fun to see how many different people do things so differently.
countrymom 04:45 PM 02-15-2013
easy solution, get rid of your trash can. If you have a sink put it under the sink or tub, I wonder what they would do then.
Scout 06:09 PM 02-15-2013

Ha!! This cracked me up!
Scout 06:11 PM 02-15-2013
Not to veer too far off subject but, not long ago DS embarrassed me so. We were at my parents for a holiday thing and the bathroom for the basement is in the hallway. He was peeing. With the door open. While scratching his butt. With anyone and everyone watching!! Bless his little heart!
SilverSabre25 07:17 PM 02-15-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
easy solution, get rid of your trash can. If you have a sink put it under the sink or tub, I wonder what they would do then.
Throw it on the floor...

I know from experience.
countrymom 04:20 AM 02-16-2013
I now wonder if they do this at home. they had to have learned this from somewhere, at least they won't clog your toilet
Tags:potty training, toilet flushing, toilet paper
Reply Up