Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question About Food Program
renlenfel 11:24 AM 11-12-2013
I live in an area that is considered a low income area (title 1). My own family's income is just over the line. All of the my daycare families are not low income. I have three little ones on formula/breast milk and only two that actually eat food. My question is, is it worth it for me to start the food program?
butterfly 11:48 AM 11-12-2013
I'm sure you'll get varing answers, but I say "yes" it's worth it. If you qualify for Tier 1 due to your area, it's certainly worth it. If you are already supplying the food, why not get paid for it? I'd have to do the same amount of work for my taxes - keeping track of the meals I serve, so I might as well be collecting a check.
kelsey's kids 11:49 AM 11-12-2013
I believe it is because the food program will pay for all meals including infant. And around here it is based on what your school is. So you should get qualified for teir 1 along with all your dcks leading toy to getting paid for feeding babies even when not supplying the actual food
Blackcat31 11:56 AM 11-12-2013
Originally Posted by renlenfel:
I live in an area that is considered a low income area (title 1). My own family's income is just over the line. All of the my daycare families are not low income. I have three little ones on formula/breast milk and only two that actually eat food. My question is, is it worth it for me to start the food program?
You will get reimbursed for feeding breast fed babies and formula fed (if you provide the formula) in addition to the other two kids that eat.

IMHO, it is MORE than worth it to be on the food program.
KidGrind 12:00 PM 11-12-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You will get reimbursed for feeding breast fed babies and formula fed (if you provide the formula) in addition to the other two kids that eat.

I agree with the above. I’d just like to insert where I live even when I do not provide formula I am reimbursed by the food program.
snbauser 12:00 PM 11-12-2013

To me it is always worth it. Why not get a little extra money each month for doing something you are already doing? And if you are tier 1, it is totally worth it.
Blackcat31 12:01 PM 11-12-2013
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I agree with the above. I’d just like to insert where I live even when I do not provide formula I am reimbursed by the food program.
Lucky....if parents supply it, we only get paid for the other foods we serve such as cereal and/or infant foods.
snbauser 12:17 PM 11-12-2013
Lucky....if parents supply it, we only get paid for the other foods we serve such as cereal and/or infant foods.
This seems to be one of those things that vary from sponsor to sponsor. We have to offer a formula. If parents choose to use something different, we still get paid for it.
MyAngels 02:09 PM 11-12-2013
Originally Posted by snbauser:
This seems to be one of those things that vary from sponsor to sponsor. We have to offer a formula. If parents choose to use something different, we still get paid for it.
That's the way it is here, too. My FP person dropped by this week and as she put it "you're being paid to make sure the baby actually gets the bottle, whether you provide it or not." Since this is a federal program I would think the basic guidelines would not be open to interpretation by the sponsor.
melilley 02:51 PM 11-12-2013
Originally Posted by snbauser:
Same here.
Tags:food program
Reply Up